2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So. Anyone feeling ballsy and want to inquire if scholarships have been offered? nose goes

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My plan is just to watch this thread, surely out of all the $$ they give a few people will post about it here

I can confirm that a friend of mine received a merit offer around a week and a half ago.

Reactions: 1 users
If I recall correctly the way it works here is they go out over a few weeks, and then any time someone turns it down / commits elsewhere it gets recycled and offered to a new person. I think either last year's thread or the year before that someone said they were already planning to attend and then in like May or June found out they wouldn't have to pay any tuition!

If I recall correctly the way it works here is they go out over a few weeks, and then any time someone turns it down / commits elsewhere it gets recycled and offered to a new person. I think either last year's thread or the year before that someone said they were already planning to attend and then in like May or June found out they wouldn't have to pay any tuition!

God, that would be nice. Anyone know when the massive waitlist may be going out?

Usually very end of March

Let's hope lots of people decide to go elsewhere, and quicker rather than later would be nice... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the waitlist at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a full tuition scholarship offer from Wash U this week. So grateful for this opportunity and wishing the best for all of you. Have a happy weekend!

Reactions: 7 users
Thank you so much! Received the scholarship information via email on a day that started off as a big bummer so it was really uplifting. Best of luck to everyone! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much! Received the scholarship information via email on a day that started off as a big bummer so it was really uplifting. Best of luck to everyone! :D

When were you accepted, if you don't mind me asking?

So this is the week for the massive waitlist email? good luck everyone!

Obligatory:

1m5rzb.jpg

Do we know it's this week, or are we just assuming based on past years? Has anyone called to verify or some such?

Anyone who interviewed in February heard back yet? Trying to see if I should still have hope or start preparing myself for the shotgun waitlist

Anyone who interviewed in February heard back yet? Trying to see if I should still have hope or start preparing myself for the shotgun waitlist

A couple have; I have not. I'm assuming waitlist or reject at this point, but luckily the waitlist usually has some decent movement.

I interviewed in early November then was accepted in January. Hope that's enough info to answer your question!

I think he was asking because historically, people that got merit scholarships had like a 2-3 week turnaround for their decision
True true. Yeah the question definitely makes sense. Was that turnaround the case for all of the previous awardees?

Do we know if all the merit $$ has been awarded?

Anyone call? Are rejections/waitlists definitely going out this week?

Reported match lists have been posted in this forum: Official Match Lists 2017.... WashU's is on the first page I think.

Does anyone know what the approx ratio of WL to rejections are at the end of March?

@Amba from last year's thread mentioned they're moving away from the 25/50/25 split and towards few, if any post-interview rejections. @Amba has this trend changed at all?

@Amba from last year's thread mentioned they're moving away from the 25/50/25 split and towards few, if any post-interview rejections. @Amba has this trend changed at all?
I hope that's not true... I'd much rather just know if u don't really have a shot.

anybody planning to live in Olin? I'm torn. I love the simplicity and low cost of dorm life, but damn that place was janky.

How low was Olin per month? It's heckin cheap to live in surrounding areas too

They really are stretching this WL/Reject as far as they can aren't they...

Reactions: 3 users
They really are stretching this WL/Reject as far as they can aren't they...

Deep down I'm clinging to hope that some acceptances will go out too...

Reactions: 2 users