2016-2017 Western Michigan University (Stryker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How can you tell that it's finished , did you get an email ?

yeah you receive an email saying something along the lines of "you have made it through the experiences portion and are being reviewed for a phone interview. They can be offered anytime throughout the cycle so be patient."

Members don't see this ad.

yeah you receive an email saying something along the lines of "you have made it through the experiences portion and are being reviewed for a phone interview. They can be offered anytime throughout the cycle so be patient."
Ok but that's if you make it through Experience Review not sure what happens otherwise.

If they decide not to move forward with your application they will notify you with another status update email.

Source: 2 friends who went through their process in the past two years

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Grand Rapids is only two counties North of Kalamazoo and still in the Western part of the state. Do you all think this would qualify as "southwest Michigan" or no?

Guys don't stress. They said that the experiences review could take up to 2 weeks minimum and longer during peak seasons.

Reactions: 2 users
On the flip side, they finished my experiences review in 1 day.. So either they were bored outta their skulls or captivated by my ECs

On the flip side, they finished my experiences review in 1 day.. So either they were bored outta their skulls or captivated by my ECs
So you are in the telephone interview phase now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't notice the preferred 10 day turnaround part in the e-mail :( Do you think it hurts me significantly that I didn't submit until 13 days after the e-mail? haha.

I didn't notice the preferred 10 day turnaround part in the e-mail :( Do you think it hurts me significantly that I didn't submit until 13 days after the e-mail? haha.

Mine was 12 or something. If we get rejected, this will not be why.

So my experience review was started on the 26th. Bad news that it still says it hasn't been finished?

So my experience review was started on the 26th. Bad news that it still says it hasn't been finished?
mine was started almost 2 weeks ago and hasn't been completed, but they did say up to 2 weeks or longer during peak times.

Yeah mine started 7/21 and I haven't heard anything. I don't think this is something to worry about. It has to end some time! Start worrying if lots of people get phone IIs.

My application went into experiences review on 7/27 and I just got an email that they have completed my experiences review and I'm being considered for a telephone interview.

Ha, speak of the devil - just got my email. Experiences review complete, now in consideration for the phone II.

mine just says experience review completed nothing about phone interview. Does yours say "consideration for telephone interview"

mine just says experience review completed nothing about phone interview. Does yours say "consideration for telephone interview"

Your application has completed the Experiences Review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a Telephone Interview. The Telephone Interview is unique to WMed and is designed to give you the opportunity to showcase your personal attributes. Telephone Interview invitations are extended on a rolling basis and you could be invited at any time in the cycle. If selected, you will receive an email with instructions

Your application has completed the Experiences Review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a Telephone Interview. The Telephone Interview is unique to WMed and is designed to give you the opportunity to showcase your personal attributes. Telephone Interview invitations are extended on a rolling basis and you could be invited at any time in the cycle. If selected, you will receive an email with instructions
yea i got that email but in my portal doesnt say that

"Your application has completed the Experiences Review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a Telephone Interview. The Telephone Interview is unique to WMed and is designed to give you the opportunity to showcase your personal attributes. Telephone Interview invitations are extended on a rolling basis and you could be invited at any time in the cycle. If selected, you will receive an email with instructions."

Does everyone receive this email upon completion of an experiences review?

Yeah mine started 7/21 and I haven't heard anything. I don't think this is something to worry about. It has to end some time! Start worrying if lots of people get phone IIs.

Mine was started 7/20 and I still haven't heard anything! Hopefully today!

Reactions: 1 users
Telephone interview also. I didnt get an email yet, but I checked the portal and it says I was an extended an offer. My experience review was completed 7/27

Just got a telephone interview invite as well. It was sent via email. Experiences review complete 7/29

Phone interview!

Experiences review just finished yesterday, guess I just made the cut for this wave.

Can any current students comment on the content of the phone interview? I am surprised to see it is conducted by an "independent contractor" and not a member of the admissions committee.

Is it safe to say I was passed over for one if my experience review was complete 7/27? :(

For those of you whose experience reviews are complete, and or have received phone II, how many days did it take from the time your review started until it was complete? Still waiting for my review to be finished.

For those of you whose experience reviews are complete, and or have received phone II, how many days did it take from the time your review started until it was complete? Still waiting for my review to be finished.

Quite a while (7/20 -> 8/3), but then I got the II a day later.

My Experience Review started 07/20, still hasn't completed . Might not be a good sign :(

Hey everyone, for people interested in learning about the application timeline, here's my personal:

Submitted amcas 6/7, amcas verified 6/16, received secondary 7/7, returned secondary 7/18, completed 7/21 and entered the experiences review, entered phone review 8/1, received phone ii 8/4

I have been so busy writing other secondaries that I didn’t know WMed encourages us to complete the secondaries within 10 days after we get the e-mail. It’s been a month since I received the email… do you guys think it’s still okay to apply or is it definitely too late?

Regarding portal, how have you all been opening the status link? I keep being directed back to the main login page.
Also I'm getting scared because I submitted around same time as you guys but haven't been included in the experiences review yet.

Oh man my experience review was complete 7/27. Nothing about phone II =( and I had a really good feeling about this school too. Oh well...

Anyone else's experience review still not complete from 7/20-21? I'm wondering if I should take this as a bad sign.