2016-2017 Western Michigan University (Stryker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else's experience review still not complete from 7/20-21? I'm wondering if I should take this as a bad sign.

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

My experiences review started 7/27 and finished up today and I didn't hear anything about a phone II. I don't know if they just take a day to make a decision to if they think I suck. What makes this worse is that now I have the weekend to let this all stew. Happy Friday, y'all.

My experiences review started 7/27 and finished up today and I didn't hear anything about a phone II. I don't know if they just take a day to make a decision to if they think I suck. What makes this worse is that now I have the weekend to let this all stew. Happy Friday, y'all.
to put your mind at ease my experience review completed yesterday and I woke up with an email this morning saying that i am now in consideration for a phone interview. u should hear back on monday. in the interim enjoy the weekend don't stress

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
to put your mind at ease my experience review completed yesterday and I woke up with an email this morning saying that i am now in consideration for a phone interview. u should hear back on monday. in the interim enjoy the weekend don't stress

Well, I've got 14 episodes left to finish Parks&Rec. I think I'll make it my mission to finish it this weekend.

Congrats, by the way!

Reactions: 1 users
Well if it makes you feel better my experience review was started 07/26 and still no change

The experience review ongoing cannot be bad news. Whether they love or hate your app, the experience review needs to finish, and they will tell you when it is finished. They won't just throw it out and not say anything, and they won't continuously review your app forever. If the experience review finishes and you don't hear about a phone II, then you can start to worry.

Reactions: 2 users
Mine is still not complete either.

Do you think it's a bad sign? My review started on 7/20 and I still haven't heard anything. I'm getting extremely nervous

Phone interview done! Wish I could have changed a couple answers, but not bad overall.

Everybody's freaking out about the experiences reviews, phone interviews, etc. ... but just take a deep breath and wait for the process to play out before you assume something bad about your chances. :)

In the meantime, if anyone has questions about the school there are a few current students who read this thread and would answer any questions.

Short and sweet. 15 minutes tops. It's like job interview behavioral type stuff
Was it like "what would you do in this situation and why?" or more like "Describe a time when you showed leadership"? or something else altogether?

Members don't see this ad :)
Everybody's freaking out about the experiences reviews, phone interviews, etc. ... but just take a deep breath and wait for the process to play out before you assume something bad about your chances. :)

In the meantime, if anyone has questions about the school there are a few current students who read this thread and would answer any questions.
Are you by any chance one of them? I'd love to know more about the school. I'm really interested in going there

I would love more info about the style of the phone interview if anyone is around. I have mine on Monday evening.

I would love more info about the style of the phone interview if anyone is around. I have mine on Monday evening.
Honestly, like everyone else says, I don't think there's a great way to prepare. The person asks a series of questions and you answer. There's no feedback or further prompting.

Honestly, like everyone else says, I don't think there's a great way to prepare. The person asks a series of questions and you answer. There's no feedback or further prompting.

What type(s) of questions?

Are you by any chance one of them? I'd love to know more about the school. I'm really interested in going there

Yes, I'm one of the 3rd year medical students. There are a few other 3rd years who read these threads, and some 2nd years too.

Yes, I'm one of the 3rd year medical students. There are a few other 3rd years who read these threads, and some 2nd years too.
Nice! Would you or others be able to provide details about the curriculum? I can't seem to find anything on the website

Ah never mind, totally missed that haha. Thank you!

It'd be wise to read through the WMed website to know as much relevant information as you can about the school before you write the secondary...

2nd year here. Like @tellme_areyoufree said, if you have questions, we are here to help!

My phone II is later today. Any advice or anything? I have no idea what to expect beyond everyone saying you can't really prepare for it (which is fine but I'd still like to know what im walking into).

My phone II is later today. Any advice or anything? I have no idea what to expect beyond everyone saying you can't really prepare for it (which is fine but I'd still like to know what im walking into).

Before you begin your phone interview, your interviewer will ask that you keep information regarding your conversation confidential, which is probably why most people aren't offering up any advice on what to expect.

Before you begin your phone interview, your interviewer will ask that you keep information regarding your conversation confidential, which is probably why most people aren't offering up any advice on what to expect.

+1 you speak da true true

Meta-question: Are you breaking confidentiality by telling us you're supposed to be confidential :eek:

Meta-question: Are you breaking confidentiality by telling us you're supposed to be confidential :eek:

1986282.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Ppl with no interviews are like: what is wrong with me?:arghh::(+pity+

Reactions: 4 users
Ppl with no interviews are like: what is wrong with me?:arghh::(+pity+
Truuuu. Experience review finished Friday and I haven't heard anything today which is making me a sad panda.

Truuuu. Experience review finished Friday and I haven't heard anything today which is making me a sad panda.

Same. Mine finished on Saturday according to the portal, but I haven't gotten an email yet.

Same. Mine finished on Saturday according to the portal, but I haven't gotten an email yet.
Mine finished on 8/3. They likely need more time than 1 business day to decide whether you'll get a phone interview or not.

Mine finished on 8/3. They likely need more time than 1 business day to decide whether you'll get a phone interview or not.

Haha speak of the devil, I just got my email now that I'm under consideration for a phone interview.

Haha speak of the devil, I just got my email now that I'm under consideration for a phone interview.
Same, does anybody know if that even means anything though? Like does everybody who submits a secondary go through experiences review and consideration for a phone interview? Or do some people get rejected without being considered for a phone interview?

Experience review finished(started 07/20). Telephone interview offered. Feel so relieved

Experience review finished(started 07/20). Telephone interview offered. Feel so relieved

You got a phone II right after the review finished?

You got a phone II right after the review finished?

When I checked my portal this morning, it hadn't been updated(still stated that experience review started). But I received an email in the afternoon about the phone interview

Same, does anybody know if that even means anything though? Like does everybody who submits a secondary go through experiences review and consideration for a phone interview? Or do some people get rejected without being considered for a phone interview?
Submitted my app in maybe mid July and I haven't reached experienced review.

When I checked my portal this morning, it hadn't been updated(still stated that experience review started). But I received an email in the afternoon about the phone interview
Hey how have you been accessing your portal? I always get reverted back to login site.

Hey how have you been accessing your portal? I always get reverted back to login site.

I just go to the login site, log in, and then go to the admissions tab, and click on applicant status

Just finished my phone II. Nothing too challenging, as others said mostly behavioral and personality related questions.

I disagree about not preparing at all. It will definitely help if you review your application ECs and other accomplishments and know what you learned from them.

Reactions: 11 users
I just go to the login site, log in, and then go to the admissions tab, and click on applicant status
as soon as I click applicant status, I go right back to login page. Whoops, I'll take that as a sign lol. +pity+

Experience Review complete today 8/8, started 7/20

Experience review finished 7/29
Getting a little discouraged at this point.

Experience review finished 7/29
Getting a little discouraged at this point.
Don't get discouraged! Recognize that this is the point where there is a giant bottleneck of applicants, and that some things can take a little bit of time. This is not the time to start worrying, for anyone!

For whatever it's worth, I did my phone interview on Monday and just now received an email that it is complete and I am under consideration for a real interview. Definitely love the amount of communication this school gets out.