2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel you...also I botched up a question on the phone II so I'm also nervous to see if that cost me an II....it's almost 2 months for me too
Same for me. I stumbled through a couple questions on my phone interview on 9/6, and I haven’t heard anything since.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same for me. I stumbled through a couple questions on my phone interview on 9/6, and I haven’t heard anything since.
yeah it was not my finest moment, but fingers crossed...don't feel too optimistic tho which is a shame because i really liked WMed

here's to the best for the both of us!

I don’t blame you for that. You couldn’t prepare for them and I had heard a derivation of a few of the questions from someone who interviewed for an engineering gig at Area 51 a few years ago (fun fact, they literally fly you in on a small plane to do the interviews).

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t blame you for that. You couldn’t prepare for them and I had heard a derivation of a few of the questions from someone who interviewed for an engineering gig at Area 51 a few years ago (fun fact, they literally fly you in on a small plane to do the interviews).
That’s wild 😂

Given that you already have 9 II, I highly doubt you didn't get a virtual II because of the phone interview... your app is clearly amazing regardless of a few missed Qs. maybe they just don't think you would come or something bc you already have other options.

Given that you already have 9 II, I highly doubt you didn't get a virtual II because of the phone interview... your app is clearly amazing regardless of a few missed Qs. maybe they just don't think you would come or something bc you already have other options.
I mean it could be but who knows? And yeah that’s possible, but my stats are def not good enough for yield-projection and I thought my app was good but regular lol. They were one of the first schools to extend an interview of some sort for me, so they were my first tangible option. 😂 Either way, I’m just wanting an answer, whether its an II or an R.

Last edited:
OOS II about 20 minutes ago. Submitted secondary on 7/19 and phone interview on 9/6

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Virtual II! Completed secondary on 9/15, Phone interview on 10/26. Very happy about it because I love this school!

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone wondering, the only dates open to schedule were in January

OOS II today; application complete 28Jul, phone interview 07Nov

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive decisions today from the mid-november interview groups? Recall them saying we'd hear back Dec. 6

Got a phone interview today, complete 9/28

Also waitlisted, does waitlisted just basically mean a soft R for this school?

Also waitlisted, does waitlisted just basically mean a soft R for this school?
If I recall correctly, they stated at the end of interview day that they regularly take people off the WL and that they have already accepted some people off the WL. They don’t necessarily wait until the end of the cycle to start WL movement for everyone.

Accepted off WL today. Wmed acceptance of admission offer is worded slightly different that it kind of insinuates that I’ll accept my seat for sure instead of choosing through AAMC PTE and CTE. Any input?

Accepted off WL today. Wmed acceptance of admission offer is worded slightly different that it kind of insinuates that I’ll accept my seat for sure instead of choosing through AAMC PTE and CTE. Any input?

You mean theyre asking you to commit already?

• Hmm
Just got the email to get off the waitlist!! Was part of the first interview day and got waitlisted. So excited, this place seems amazing!!

I dont think so, their invitation to the second look days clearly states that they're intended to help accepted students decide on a school. So it seems like the acceptance offer signature is just meant to gauge interest in accepting the offer

I thought I saw somewhere II and decisions are every other Wednesday, will there be some decisions released today? Thanks!

I had my phone interview in aug and have heard nothing since then... is this a soft R?

For those who have interviewed, when are we assigned a color group for our interview day?

For those who have interviewed, when are we assigned a color group for our interview day?
Once you are logged in to the interview waiting room they start assigning people!

Once you are logged in to the interview waiting room they start assigning people!
Oh wow, that’s much later than I was thinking. Is there a specific way that they arrange people or is it random? Thank you for answering!

Oh wow, that’s much later than I was thinking. Is there a specific way that they arrange people or is it random? Thank you for answering!
I didn’t notice a particular pattern. It seemed random! And no problem :)

A via phone call today!!!! Interviewed 12/9. Was scheduled to interview in Jan. at first, but an earlier spot opened up!

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted off the waitlist today!! Interviewed on Nov 4 - best wishes to everyone still waiting to hear :xf:

Hi all, sorry if this was mentioned before, but does it mean anything to be under consideration for a phone interview? Or does everyone go through that step?

Hi all, sorry if this was mentioned before, but does it mean anything to be under consideration for a phone interview? Or does everyone go through that step?
It does mean something! They can reject you before! Yay!

I received that message and after that no communication from the School. Loosing hope around this time.

I received that message and after that no communication from the School. Loosing hope around this time.
oh no, i'm sorry to hear that. I like to think no news is good news with these applications. I hope we both get good news soon!!

Does anyone know the time frame for the holiday break for WMed admissions committee? Thanks!

Does anyone know the time frame for the holiday break for WMed admissions committee? Thanks!
Just got an email now that they are on holiday break for the next few weeks and they wont send anymore phone interviews until after the new year to which they will be inviting 100 more people for phone interviews.

I'm sure other people got different updates based on where they are in the application process, but for me i'm stuck at being reviewed for a phone interview.

Just got an email now that they are on holiday break for the next few weeks and they wont send anymore phone interviews until after the new year to which they will be inviting 100 more people for phone interviews.

I'm sure other people got different updates based on where they are in the application process, but for me i'm stuck at being reviewed for a phone interview.
I got an update saying they will send out 180 more interview invites and the last interview day is March 10!

I got an update saying they will send out 180 more interview invites and the last interview day is March 10!
Yeah I think the email is different depending on where you are in the application process. That's kind of nice for people like me who are stuck still waiting for phone interviews lol

Just got an email stating that I will receive a phone call tomorrow afternoon about “some exciting news regarding WMed.” Did anyone else get this/know what it may be referring to?

Just got an email stating that I will receive a phone call tomorrow afternoon about “some exciting news regarding WMed.” Did anyone else get this/know what it may be referring to?
I'm admitted and haven't heard anything about this. Keep us updated!