2016-2017 Western Michigan University (Stryker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For whatever it's worth, I did my phone interview on Monday and just now received an email that it is complete and I am under consideration for a real interview. Definitely love the amount of communication this school gets out.
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive any phone interviews recently?? Got an e-mail Friday saying I was eligible for phone interview and haven't heard yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Telephone interview offered! :) Scheduled for 08/17

Reactions: 1 users
Telephone interview offered. Experience review completed 8/3.

Telephone interview, experience review completed 8/5

+1 telephone II, experience review complete 8/9

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Experience review completed 7/25 and no phone interview yet.... and I was so excited for this school... :(

How long did it take y'all to go from secondary complete to experiences review?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take y'all to go from secondary complete to experiences review?
Secondary completed - 7/25
Experiences review started - 7/26
Experiences review completed - 8/5
Phone II - 8/10

Still waiting on my experiences review to be completed from 7/20.. I could understand not being invited for a phone interview, but I would think that my review would be complete by now. Anyone else still waiting from ~7/20?

Still waiting on my experiences review to be completed from 7/20.. I could understand not being invited for a phone interview, but I would think that my review would be complete by now. Anyone else still waiting from ~7/20?
After submitting my secondary on 7/21, I never got any word of my experience review starting. I'm interpreting this as getting screened out.

same...........

same...........
experiences review started 7/26, completed 8/10. hang in there! there were a few people whose reviews started later but concluded earlier than mine and I was really worried too, but I don't think it's a linear process.
does everyone receive a "consideration for phone interview" email after experiences review completion?

experiences review started 7/26, completed 8/10. hang in there! there were a few people whose reviews started later but concluded earlier than mine and I was really worried too, but I don't think it's a linear process.
does everyone receive a "consideration for phone interview" email after experiences review completion?
I didn't get one..just direct phone II.

So I'm guessing under consideration for phone interview means hold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that means on hold at all. I got the consideration email one day and the phone II the next day.

Had my phone interview today, anyone who's completed theirs heard anything about campus interviews yet?

Had my phone interview today, anyone who's completed theirs heard anything about campus interviews yet?
I think my interviewer said today that because the weekend was coming up that I should hear something by early next week

I think my interviewer said today that because the weekend was coming up that I should hear something by early next week
Yup, mine said "within the next few days."
That's what mine said as well... I guess I meant the question more for someone that maybe had a phone interview earlier this week, like Monday?

That's what mine said as well... I guess I meant the question more for someone that maybe had a phone interview earlier this week, like Monday?
I had mine last Saturday. Haven't heard anything. Probably won't until this coming week.

Just finished the phone interview... hopefully i get some kind of response this week

How'd you feel about it?

pretty good... i mean you never know how you did until they respond. But it didn't feel like too much pressure once I got in the groove of things.

pretty good... i mean you never know how you did until they respond. But it didn't feel like too much pressure once I got in the groove of things.
Did you prepare at all? I have my phone interview on Monday.

Did you prepare at all? I have my phone interview on Monday.
As was mentioned earlier, you're not supposed to talk about the interview, "to make things fair for everyone". So imo there's not much that can be said about preparation without contradicting their instructions.

First year student at WMed, just got done with our first week. Also, from near Kzoo, so know a bit about the area as well. Beyond happy with my school and classmates - as of now I believe this was the right choice for me, and WMed was straight up my #1 program I applied to based on where I imagined I would succeed. Used SDN for major advice during the MCAT and minor advice while applying, so might as well answer whatever questions some of you might have. That being said, please don't ask me for any specifics that would give you an unfair advantage in the admissions process.

Some general advice to start:
1. Make your own decisions - don't let any stranger (let alone some internet pre-med) do anything more than provide you with their insight/opinions that you will consider with a barrel of salt.
2. Allow the application process to run its course, and all the best to those who truly want it.

Full_Sxxxx_1.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Got the under consideration for campus interview and I was so excited for a moment *sigh*

I had my phone interview LAST Saturday and haven't gotten that yet

Had my phone interview last night. Hopefully I get that email soon!

what does it mean if you havent gotten the email and did the first possible phone interview date?

How long was everyone's phone interview? Mine lasted a very short time and I'm nervous that I did something wrong...

just talked to admissions and they said everyone gets the status after the Phone interview. They said it would still be a few weeks until II are given out as first II are not until end of September

Reactions: 2 users