-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mike Hokstinks
Full Member
You got one today?OOS II! Complete 9/10, phone interview 9/29.
Friday but didn't checked until todayYou got one today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ My app has been under consideration for a phone II since 07/27. I don't think review is chronological.
justsomeguy111
Full Member
Under consideration since 08/30 with no new updates. Just trusting the process at this point.^ My app has been under consideration for a phone II since 07/27. I don't think review is chronological.
There is a faculty interview, and mine was very relaxed and conversational. There's also a student question and answer session as well as a group interview. My group interview was fun and not stressful whatsoever. Good luck!Anyone here interviewed already? I can’t seem to find much information about the virtual interview. Is it with both students and faculty, and if you think the interview was stressful? Any tips is appreciated 🙂
Thank you so much! If you don’t mind me asking, how many students are in your interview and how long are your faculty interview and group interview?There is a faculty interview, and mine was very relaxed and conversational. There's also a student question and answer session as well as a group interview. My group interview was fun and not stressful whatsoever. Good luck!
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
+1^ My app has been under consideration for a phone II since 07/27. I don't think review is chronological.
I didn't think we could use that until FebHas anyone with an acceptance had the school show up on the Choose My Medical School tool on AMCAS?
Yep I think you're right thank you!!I didn't think we could use that until Feb
clefairy0000
Full Member
Did everyone get that handwritten postcard/thank you letter in the mail? I'm genuinely surprised and touched WMed did that. While it was a bit generic, the fact that it was handwritten added a personal touch. I've interviewed at other schools and no one else has ever done that. Other schools have been very formal and strict, but I felt very comfortable during the interview here. Honestly, I think I'm 100% leaning towards attending here even if I do have to make a big move (I'm no where near Michigan)
Last edited:
happy_squidward
Full Member
exactly what I thought! I heard they send those to everyone who interviews regardless of the final decision. But WMed def seems very caring and supportive of studentsDid everyone get that handwritten postcard/thank you letter in the mail? I'm genuinely surprised and touched WMed did that. While it is a bit generic, the fact that it was handwritten added a personal touch. I've interviewed at other schools and no one else has ever done that. Other schools have been very formal and strict, but I felt very comfortable during the interview here. Honestly, I think I'm 100% leaning towards attending here even if I do have to make a big move (I'm no where near Michigan)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it is possible! I am sitting near my phone and computer like the ball of anxiety that I am loldo we think some results will come out today?
Same!I think it is possible! I am sitting near my phone and computer like the ball of anxiety that I am lol
I emailed them today and they said "
Our admissions committee meets this afternoon, so we will likely send out application updates by the end of the day today or tomorrow."
Our admissions committee meets this afternoon, so we will likely send out application updates by the end of the day today or tomorrow."
Thank you so much for letting us know!!! Best of luck everyone!I emailed them today and they said "
Our admissions committee meets this afternoon, so we will likely send out application updates by the end of the day today or tomorrow."
PleaseAcceptMe2299
Full Member
+1got the acceptance call 2:30pm ET!
got the acceptance call 2:30pm ET!
congratulations!! when did you guys interview?
mhml8
Full Member
I interviewed 11/4! so quick!congratulations!! when did you guys interview?
Amazing job! Congrats!!I interviewed 11/4! so quick!
MidwestMed10
Full Member
How long after your interview and how did you find out (call/email/portal update)?
I see we’re both freaking out a little [emoji17]
same waitlisted found out through email just now.Just found out by email that I'm on the waitlist. Interviewed 11/3
Waitlisted, interviewed 11/4
MidwestMed10
Full Member
Also waitlisted
goodvibesandIIs
Full Member
II about 45 minutes ago! Phone interview was 8/23, IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my interview was on 10/14 and my i got the email for post-II R on 10/19.How long after your interview and how did you find out (call/email/portal update)?
justsomeguy111
Full Member
Anybody get a Phone invite today?
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Nope.Anybody get a Phone invite today?
Pre-phone II R, complete 07/23. LM 77.
+1, complete 7/29, LM 74Pre-phone II R, complete 07/23. LM 77.
prephone ii R, OOSORM, complete mid-august, LM73
confusedonceagain
Full Member
R after phone II early October
Pre phone R oos submitted early
fakeituntilumakeit
Full Member
pre-phone II R today. OOS LM 72 WARS 76. Submitted mid-July. Good luck to everyone still in it!
Pre phone II R today as well
what date was your phone II? mine was on 10/7 and i'm nervous on hearing back about a IIR after phone II early October
confusedonceagain
Full Member
Earlier than that - 10/3 - good luck!what date was your phone II? mine was on 10/7 and i'm nervous on hearing back about a II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine took around a month, but I think it depends on what the committee is doing at that time.How long does it typically take after a phone interview to receive a II or a pre-II R? Thanks! 🙂
goodvibesandIIs
Full Member
Don’t be discouraged! I didn’t get an II until 2.5 months after my phone interview so there is definitely still timeIt's been almost a month for me post phone II and haven't heard anything yet
WannaBeMeredithGrey23
New Member
Me too, I interviewed Late August, have heard nothing. 🙁It's been almost a 2 months for me post phone II and haven't heard anything yet
I feel you...also I botched up a question on the phone II so I'm also nervous to see if that cost me an II....it's almost 2 months for me tooMe too, I interviewed Late August, have heard nothing. 🙁