2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II! Complete 9/10, phone interview 9/29.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, I got the email verifying that my application review was complete on 10/11 and I haven’t heard back since. It seems a lot longer than others who got a phone interview. I am OOS which might be why… Is it likely I won’t get a phone interview?

Reactions: 1 user
^ My app has been under consideration for a phone II since 07/27. I don't think review is chronological.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here interviewed already? I can’t seem to find much information about the virtual interview. Is it with both students and faculty, and if you think the interview was stressful? Any tips is appreciated :)

Anyone here interviewed already? I can’t seem to find much information about the virtual interview. Is it with both students and faculty, and if you think the interview was stressful? Any tips is appreciated :)
There is a faculty interview, and mine was very relaxed and conversational. There's also a student question and answer session as well as a group interview. My group interview was fun and not stressful whatsoever. Good luck!

There is a faculty interview, and mine was very relaxed and conversational. There's also a student question and answer session as well as a group interview. My group interview was fun and not stressful whatsoever. Good luck!
Thank you so much! If you don’t mind me asking, how many students are in your interview and how long are your faculty interview and group interview?

Has anyone with an acceptance had the school show up on the Choose My Medical School tool on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone get that handwritten postcard/thank you letter in the mail? I'm genuinely surprised and touched WMed did that. While it was a bit generic, the fact that it was handwritten added a personal touch. I've interviewed at other schools and no one else has ever done that. Other schools have been very formal and strict, but I felt very comfortable during the interview here. Honestly, I think I'm 100% leaning towards attending here even if I do have to make a big move (I'm no where near Michigan)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Did everyone get that handwritten postcard/thank you letter in the mail? I'm genuinely surprised and touched WMed did that. While it is a bit generic, the fact that it was handwritten added a personal touch. I've interviewed at other schools and no one else has ever done that. Other schools have been very formal and strict, but I felt very comfortable during the interview here. Honestly, I think I'm 100% leaning towards attending here even if I do have to make a big move (I'm no where near Michigan)
exactly what I thought! I heard they send those to everyone who interviews regardless of the final decision. But WMed def seems very caring and supportive of students

Reactions: 1 users
do we think some results will come out today?

do we think some results will come out today?
I think it is possible! I am sitting near my phone and computer like the ball of anxiety that I am lol

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed them today and they said "
Our admissions committee meets this afternoon, so we will likely send out application updates by the end of the day today or tomorrow."

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed them today and they said "
Our admissions committee meets this afternoon, so we will likely send out application updates by the end of the day today or tomorrow."
Thank you so much for letting us know!!! Best of luck everyone!

got the acceptance call 2:30pm ET!

Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R. Complete late July as well. Good luck to everyone else!!

Pre-Phone II R as well just now. OOS, LM 71 ties to Michigan

Pre phone R oos submitted early

pre-phone II R today. OOS LM 72 WARS 76. Submitted mid-July. Good luck to everyone still in it!

How long does it typically take after a phone interview to receive a II or a pre-II R? Thanks! :)

How long does it typically take after a phone interview to receive a II or a pre-II R? Thanks! :)
Mine took around a month, but I think it depends on what the committee is doing at that time.