2016-2017 Western Michigan University (Stryker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does everyone have a tab going something by "interview"? I have not heard anything from the school so I am always confused by this when I check my portal.

Does everyone have a tab going something by "interview"? I have not heard anything from the school so I am always confused by this when I check my portal.

Interesting - I do NOT have that. I have admissions and settings tabs. Wonder if this means you can expect an II soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think hes talking about the interview time under the admissions tab. I've had that since the beginning

Reactions: 1 user
I think hes talking about the interview time under the admissions tab. I've had that since the beginning
yep that's the one I'm talking about. Being that it appeared even before I filled out secondary, I doubt it is a sign for an impending II but seriously wondering what are the odds they have that there. Alas.

Just finished my phone interview!! 25mins roughly-- I feel like it went well!-- hope to hear back from this school!!

yep that's the one I'm talking about. Being that it appeared even before I filled out secondary, I doubt it is a sign for an impending II but seriously wondering what are the odds they have that there. Alas.

OH - if you click on that, it will tell you that you will be notified via email when you get an invitation.

Just finished my phone interview!! 25mins roughly-- I feel like it went well!-- hope to hear back from this school!!

My interview was literally 12 minutes, including the introduction and conclusion (literally hung up the phone at 6:12). I hope I answered the questions thoroughly enough. I thought I answered them all pretty well, but it seems like everyone went for longer than I did.

My interview was literally 12 minutes, including the introduction and conclusion (literally hung up the phone at 6:12). I hope I answered the questions thoroughly enough. I thought I answered them all pretty well, but it seems like everyone went for longer than I did.
Mine was 15 minutes with intro and everything else and I thought mine went really well. I don't think it's a problem. But, I guess we'll see when those campus interviews start coming in.

Well if you include the actual interview itself without the intro and conclusion I think I spent about 18-20mins so I think it was concise enough.

Sheesh, they really condensed the interviews down now! Mine was almost 45 minutes when I did mine, IIRC

Another M1 here! While I've only been at WMed for a little over a week, I've been in Kalamazoo for a few years (went to WMU for undergrad). Like the other WMed students have said, this place is awesome! It's only our second week, and we've spent 12 hours in the simulation center so far and even saw a few standardized patents! I can't answer many questions about the school, since I've only been here for a week, but if you have questions about Kalamazoo in general, I may have an idea!

to all those worrying about going short, I would say that the longer you have an interview, the more you might have chances of saying something you would rather not. Hang in there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I gave a good answer to every question, so I guess I don't care that it was very short. Tbh I felt a little bit pressured - like every time I stopped speaking for a millisecond the guy was ready to go with his next question. Once or twice I kind of cut him off to continue to answer :-/

Oh well, no sense worrying!

Complete on 7/11 and still haven't entered experience review...Definitely does not seem like a good sign :(

Experience Review started on 07/20, hasn't ended since, don't know what to make of it :oops:

Application now under consideration for a campus interview! Finished my phone interview Monday night. Excited for the possibility of learning more about this school and Kalamazoo!

How long has it taken anyone to get an invite for a phone interview after your application status changed to "Experiences Review Complete?"

just talked to admissions and they said everyone gets the status after the Phone interview. They said it would still be a few weeks until II are given out as first II are not until end of September

Everyone gets the consideration for campus II's email after their phone interview

How long has it taken anyone to get an invite for a phone interview after your application status changed to "Experiences Review Complete?"
Exp review complete on 8/3, phone interview offered on 8/10 for me

Does anyone know what the general turn around time is for experienced review? mine started yesterday, and so I am just trying to get an idea of how long I should expect to wait haha

Does anyone know what the general turn around time is for experienced review? mine started yesterday, and so I am just trying to get an idea of how long I should expect to wait haha
I don't know the answer to that particular question, but how long did it take to go from completing your secondary to experience review?

Was their an email, or did it just show up?
I got an email saying that my application was moving on to experience review, and then another email when the experience review was complete. All in all, I love the communication from this school through every step!

I just got the email telling me that i'm now under consideration for a campus interview-- I finished the phone interview on 8/16 --so it looks like it's a 2 day turnaround to hear back for those completing their phone interviews.

Complete mid-July, my "Experiences Review" has not finished :(

Lol I'm not even at experience review. I also did not obtain a completion email. I was complete mid to late July cuz I didn't realize they had that survey (whoops). Wondering if others are in same boat.

Any rejections pre-phone interview here? Just got the email stating I'm under consideration for a phone interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any rejections pre-phone interview here? Just got the email stating I'm under consideration for a phone interview.

When did your experience review start/end if I might ask?

When did your experience review start/end if I might ask?
I'm not the person you asked but here is my timeline:
8/2 verified
8/9 secondary received
8/10 secondary submitted
8/16 I saw experience review status in portal (no e-mail)
8/19 experience review complete/under consideration for phone interview e-mail

I'm not the person you asked but here is my timeline:
8/2 verified
8/9 secondary received
8/10 secondary submitted
8/16 I saw experience review status in portal (no e-mail)
8/19 experience review complete/under consideration for phone interview e-mail

I've been in experience review since 8/2. Happy for you, just frustrated on my end.

I've been in experience review since 8/2. Happy for you, just frustrated on my end.
Same. Just my 2c but maybe they're completing the more appealing candidates first and we just have to wait until they get to us.

Lol I'm not even at experience review. I also did not obtain a completion email. I was complete mid to late July cuz I didn't realize they had that survey (whoops). Wondering if others are in same boat.

Wait, what survey? You mean the personality assessment?

My experience review has been finished since 7/25 and no phone interview yet..... *crickets chirping*

Yes, people do get rejected at all stages of the process, including before consideration for phone review, or obviously before the phone interview. Last year we had ~6000 applicants and offered ~700 phone interviews and ~350 on-campus interviews, from which we offered seats to a class of 72.

Patience in this process is a virtue, and if you have gotten to a phone interview then you've already made it through the biggest cut. We don't offer all our phone interviews at once, they (and in-person interviews) are offered in batches as the cycle progresses.

Interesting. My secondary was complete 8/10 and I got an e-mail stating that.
I haven't gotten any e-mails from them since, but checking the portal I started experience review 8/16 and completed that 8/19. Again, no e-mail though.

I haven't gotten any e-mails from them since, but checking the portal I started experience review 8/16 and completed that 8/19. Again, no e-mail though.
that is odd... make sure your email listed does not have a typo or anything...

I'm in the same boat. It's weird because I obviously got the secondary email and all that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

"Your application has completed the Experiences Review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a Telephone Interview. The Telephone Interview is unique to WMed and is designed to give you the opportunity to showcase your personal attributes. Telephone Interview invitations are extended on a rolling basis and you could be invited at any time in the cycle. If selected, you will receive an email with instructions. "

I'm in the same boat. It's weird because I obviously got the secondary email and all that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm on the same boat too, I didn't even know that there was an experiences review. But I just got an email today that I was being considered for a phone interview. I checked my spam inbox but it doesn't appear to have gone there.

Yes, people do get rejected at all stages of the process, including before consideration for phone review, or obviously before the phone interview. Last year we had ~6000 applicants and offered ~700 phone interviews and ~350 on-campus interviews, from which we offered seats to a class of 72.

Patience in this process is a virtue, and if you have gotten to a phone interview then you've already made it through the biggest cut. We don't offer all our phone interviews at once, they (and in-person interviews) are offered in batches as the cycle progresses.

Do you have any idea when real IIs will start going out?