2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question for those who applied last cycle with AP Physics. I see BU only takes it case by case and that they recommend supplementing with another physics course but I didn’t do that. For those of you who also used AP Physics to fulfill the Physics requirement, was this a problem in your app cycle with BU? Did they mention it in interviews? Or did you explain it on the secondary somewhere why you didn’t take advanced physics courses?
Used AP physics. Didn't take any other physics courses in undergrad. Wasn't brought up in the interview and I didn't mention it anywhere on my secondary. Im on the waitlist, but I doubt it's because of me using AP physics to fulfill their requirement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Used AP physics. Didn't take any other physics courses in undergrad. Wasn't brought up in the interview and I didn't mention it anywhere on my secondary. Im on the waitlist, but I doubt it's because of me using AP physics to fulfill their requirement.
thank you for your reply! good to know

Here we are in early June. Hoping for some movement soon, peeps. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I have some not so good news. Called BU today and they said that there class is completely full and they don’t expect movement. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I know the chances are slim from a couple posts above, but anyone happen to hear anything in the past week?

I called yesterday and they said they'd had nooooooo movement whatsoever.

So was there any movement at all? I'm guessing none for this year then...

So did anyone get rejected yet off the waitlist? My friend caught the axe but I still haven’t yet so not sure what that means

Oh, really they’re rejecting people at this point? Interesting.

Probably trimming the WL to a small number of likely attendees in case they have last minute drops.

If anyone cares I got formally rejected while at my white coat ceremony on Friday. It’s sort of funny.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users