You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Boston University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 waitlistMine still says deferral until March...:-/
Update, was just waitlisted :-(
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
+1
WAIT LIST...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1+1
WAIT LIST...
Accepted just now via email!!
Me too. So do we know how big this waitlist is?+1
WAIT LIST...
Rejected
Waitlisted.
Here's to hoping! Congrats to all those who are accepted!
Here's to hoping! Congrats to all those who are accepted!
Wow WL is huge this year and Dean W. said there hasn’t been WL movement in 3 of the last 5 years :/
D
deleted870337
waitlisted, will be withdrawing, good luck all!
Waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're a sweetheart <3. Good luck to you!!rejected. Congrats to everyone accepted! Waitlist people, don't forget that a lot of rejects are too sad to post. Keep your heads up!
Same here - waitlisted after being deferred in JanWaitlist as well after being deferred back in January
Haha this is already 16 more waitlists than they admitted from the WL last year (0)
Make that 17
I'm WL #18.
Can the school see where else we’ve been waitlisted/accepted if we stay on the waitlist?
They can see where we've been accepted but not* which waitlists we're on.
Last edited:
#19 lol.....I think it's safe to say that they reached 100 for waitlist positions offered 
I really got the feeling in the interview that it was an exclusive list

I really got the feeling in the interview that it was an exclusive list

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like they just WLed everyone that wasn’t accepted
WL #20
#19 lol.....I think it's safe to say that they reached 100 for waitlist positions offered
I really got the feeling in the interview that it was an exclusive list![]()
They reject 700+ people..
Waitlisted as well and interviewed in September. Going to accept the waitlist for however little it might be worth lol. Fortunately I have other acceptances but I definitely would have considered BU. Congratulations to those accepted and best of luck!
Half way through a drive to a second look weekend for a school that I most likely won’t be attending since I WAS JUST ACCEPTED TO BU VIA EMAIL/PORTAL. Interviewed 1/26. So excited!
Waitlisted as well. Dam I was really excited with the idea of going here.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha this is already 16 more waitlists than they admitted from the WL last year (0)
While the sentiment is true that waitlist movement here is minimal at best, 2 of my good friends were accepted off the waitlist in May/June of last year and are now M1’s so there is certainly not 0 movement.
Two years ago they over accepted and some students were forced to defer so the ‘15-‘16 cycle did have almost no movement at all then those deferred students affected the movement for the ‘16-‘17 cycle. However, if that situation has been remedied then I would think we should see more waitlist movement here this cycle.
Stay positive! Good luck! And congrats to those accepted 🙂 I as well was accepted Jan with only an email reflecting a portal update.
Those who were accepted this week, anyone also get the Dean’s Scholarship? If not, when do we generally find out if we received one?
I was accepted today and just received an email about a merit scholarship ($5K/year)! Hope you hear soon 🙂
Waitlisted, was deferred in Jan
I interviewed in Sept and waitlisted as well...Long time lurker here, and got the waitlist email today. My friend who interviewed in September with me also got waitlist. So whats the count now? Like 24? 26?
I interviewed in Sept and waitlisted as well...
ditto
Waitlisted. Honestly, I feel blessed. Thought for sure I'd be axed by now.
I know we shouldn't get our hopes up, but this year has got to be different than previous years, right? I for one believe Dr. Witzburg; I think the waitlist is only comprised of those who have a chance of getting off. He seemed sincere on interview day. I have no reason not to believe him.
I know we shouldn't get our hopes up, but this year has got to be different than previous years, right? I for one believe Dr. Witzburg; I think the waitlist is only comprised of those who have a chance of getting off. He seemed sincere on interview day. I have no reason not to believe him.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes accepted this morning and got the email with Dean’s Scholarship email shortly there afterThose who were accepted this week, anyone also get the Dean’s Scholarship? If not, when do we generally find out if we received one?
Waitlisted. Honestly, I feel blessed. Thought for sure I'd be axed by now.
I know we shouldn't get our hopes up, but this year has got to be different than previous years, right? I for one believe Dr. Witzburg; I think the waitlist is only comprised of those who have a chance of getting off. He seemed sincere on interview day. I have no reason not to believe him.
That's what they have been trying to do for the past 2 years but have been unsuccessful. Who knows though this could be the year they got it right.
That's what they have been trying to do for the past 2 years but have been unsuccessful. Who knows though this could be the year they got it right.
For 2015-2016, they overaccepted, and had to defer people to the next class, which in turn seemed to have affected the 2016-2017 waitlist. Has Dr. Witzburg been saying the same encouraging words about the waitlist over the past few years?
Last edited:
Accepted yesterday! Any Facebook group or other online communities for accepted students?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
