2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got officially rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist as well after being deferred back in January

Sounds like the waitlist is pretty big and the dean said last year they didn't accept anyone off of the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Wow WL is huge this year and Dean W. said there hasn’t been WL movement in 3 of the last 5 years :/

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted, will be withdrawing, good luck all!

rejected. Congrats to everyone accepted! Waitlist people, don't forget that a lot of rejects are too sad to post. Keep your heads up!

Reactions: 2 users
rejected. Congrats to everyone accepted! Waitlist people, don't forget that a lot of rejects are too sad to post. Keep your heads up!
You're a sweetheart <3. Good luck to you!!

For the future generations stressing over calls - was accepted by email today after having my decision deferred, no phone call yet.

Waitlist be like
take-a-number.jpg

Edit: Waitlisted, interviewed in September, deferred in Jan

Reactions: 4 users
Haha this is already 16 more waitlists than they admitted from the WL last year (0)

WL will be withdrawing, good luck to everyone!

"the waitlist is made up of a small stack of files on my desk" smh :thinking:

Reactions: 9 users
Can the school see where else we’ve been waitlisted/accepted if we stay on the waitlist?

They can see where we've been accepted but not* which waitlists we're on.

Last edited:
accepted by email this morning. Will be declining offer

#19 lol.....I think it's safe to say that they reached 100 for waitlist positions offered +pity+
I really got the feeling in the interview that it was an exclusive list :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like they just WLed everyone that wasn’t accepted

#19 lol.....I think it's safe to say that they reached 100 for waitlist positions offered +pity+
I really got the feeling in the interview that it was an exclusive list :laugh:

They reject 700+ people..

Waitlisted as well and interviewed in September. Going to accept the waitlist for however little it might be worth lol. Fortunately I have other acceptances but I definitely would have considered BU. Congratulations to those accepted and best of luck!

Half way through a drive to a second look weekend for a school that I most likely won’t be attending since I WAS JUST ACCEPTED TO BU VIA EMAIL/PORTAL. Interviewed 1/26. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted as well. Dam I was really excited with the idea of going here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Haha this is already 16 more waitlists than they admitted from the WL last year (0)

While the sentiment is true that waitlist movement here is minimal at best, 2 of my good friends were accepted off the waitlist in May/June of last year and are now M1’s so there is certainly not 0 movement.

Two years ago they over accepted and some students were forced to defer so the ‘15-‘16 cycle did have almost no movement at all then those deferred students affected the movement for the ‘16-‘17 cycle. However, if that situation has been remedied then I would think we should see more waitlist movement here this cycle.

Stay positive! Good luck! And congrats to those accepted :) I as well was accepted Jan with only an email reflecting a portal update.

Reactions: 5 users
Those who were accepted this week, anyone also get the Dean’s Scholarship? If not, when do we generally find out if we received one?

Those who were accepted this week, anyone also get the Dean’s Scholarship? If not, when do we generally find out if we received one?

I was accepted today and just received an email about a merit scholarship ($5K/year)! Hope you hear soon :)

Long time lurker here, and got the waitlist email today. My friend who interviewed in September with me also got waitlist. So whats the count now? Like 24? 26?

+1 waitlist. Is BU receptive to letters of intent/whatever else they're called?

Long time lurker here, and got the waitlist email today. My friend who interviewed in September with me also got waitlist. So whats the count now? Like 24? 26?
I interviewed in Sept and waitlisted as well...

Waitlisted. Honestly, I feel blessed. Thought for sure I'd be axed by now.

I know we shouldn't get our hopes up, but this year has got to be different than previous years, right? I for one believe Dr. Witzburg; I think the waitlist is only comprised of those who have a chance of getting off. He seemed sincere on interview day. I have no reason not to believe him.

Last edited:
Yes accepted this morning and got the email with Dean’s Scholarship email shortly there after

Waitlisted. Honestly, I feel blessed. Thought for sure I'd be axed by now.

I know we shouldn't get our hopes up, but this year has got to be different than previous years, right? I for one believe Dr. Witzburg; I think the waitlist is only comprised of those who have a chance of getting off. He seemed sincere on interview day. I have no reason not to believe him.

That's what they have been trying to do for the past 2 years but have been unsuccessful. Who knows though this could be the year they got it right.

That's what they have been trying to do for the past 2 years but have been unsuccessful. Who knows though this could be the year they got it right.

For 2015-2016, they overaccepted, and had to defer people to the next class, which in turn seemed to have affected the 2016-2017 waitlist. Has Dr. Witzburg been saying the same encouraging words about the waitlist over the past few years?

Last edited:
Accepted, interviewed in September. Will be declining the offer.

Accepted yesterday! Any Facebook group or other online communities for accepted students?