2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted yesterday! Any Facebook group or other online communities for accepted students?
Were you on the waitlist before being accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Have any admitted students received more info on second look yet (start time, content, etc)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people actually bring their parents to 2nd look?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the percentage of BUSM students that got their first choice of residency program this year? Wondering if they release those match list info here. Thanks!

to people who were accepted last week - have you received any acceptance info in the mail yet? My interviewer said that I would receive something last Friday, and I didn't get anything this week

You gotta make sure you had your address right. My girlfriend wanted me to put her as my emergency contact and I accidentally put her as my permanent address.. it happens. I could have sworn I put my address, but they mailed it to hers so the mistake must have been on my end.. oh well. Good luck bro

to people who were accepted last week - have you received any acceptance info in the mail yet? My interviewer said that I would receive something last Friday, and I didn't get anything this week
I got mine on Thursday last week

My parents + significant other all want to go to second look. Is that excessive/are other people doing the same?

Withdrew, and threw some merit aid back along with it.

Good Luck to those WL! and fun in Boston to those who are committed!

Is anyone going to second look alone? Id bring my parents but flights are expensive to boston and my girlfriend is busy with work.

Is anyone going to second look alone? Id bring my parents but flights are expensive to boston and my girlfriend is busy with work.
I am! Same, flights were too expensive. Glad I won’t be the only loner :)

Super niche question, but could any MD PhDs accepted here message me about if you're leaning towards accepting here or accepting elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
to those thinking about matriculating here, How do y'all feel about the tuition increase? do you guys have cheaper options and how much of a factor is cost in your decision making process?

Hi all-- For those of you who have been accepted to BUSM we just created the "Boston University School of Medicine Class of 2022" facebook group! Look us up =) ( I can't post the direct link b/c SDN doesn't allow it)

Does anyone know what time Second Look ends? I'm having a hard time telling from their emails and all the flights I see out leave at 6PM.

There's a PDF attachment to the invitation email with more details about the schedule. Looks like it ends around 5pm. If you have an earlier flight though I'm sure you could leave a bit early

Found the email that you were referring to! :eek: A later email mentioned it and for the life of me, I couldn't find it. Thanks!

Withdrew my WL position last night - good luck to all!!!:)

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you hears some good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, but can anybody speak to the waitlist movement timeline at BU? The wailist confirmation email I received mentioned that most waitlist decisions occur between June 1st and July 31st. Is there any reason why they would wait a full month after April 30th?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all on the waitlist!!!

Has anyone who got accepted in March received financial aid info?

I am so suprised there hasn’t been more chatter after someone got accepted off the waitlist. I low-key freaked ouuuut Waitlist has at least moved by one!

How do we know it was the waitlist though (I assume you're talking about @3toedsloth)? they might have been accepted with everyone else and just got around to it.

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, good luck to everyone on the alternate list!

Withdrew. Best of luck to everyone on the WL

So does anyone have any info on the state of the waitlist this year? Or any informed guesses on it’s movement/chances?

Based on the number of people who confirmed they were on the waitlist back in March, I imagine it looks something like this:
spongebob-list.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
I emailed Witzburg last week and he said the class is over subscribed and they arent pulling from the WL yet
Yet? It sounds like they won't pull from the list at all? Thanks for the tidbit, appreciate it.

Withdrew from Waitlist here! Wishing the best for everyone!

they're not pulling from the waitlist again? dang thought there might have been movement this year saw a lot of people at other second looks who were withdrawing from BU

Hey everybody! Just called the office of admissions and figured I would update everyone that is waiting. They said that they have not pulled anybody off the waitlist this year and that if there was movement they anticipate that it would happen during early June. They said in previous years, thats when most of the movement really occurred for BU. I guess there is still hope but it leaves me doubtful.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know why waitlist movement happens this late at BU? I thought the deadline for multiple acceptances was May 1st?
some people may get off waitlists elsewhere and decide to withdraw from BU

Last year my friend got in off the waitlist here in early June and the dean told her this is the latest he's called someone to get off the waitlist in years. Now they say most movement is in June pfft.

Last year, I think the accepted class size was smaller. I have two close friends who got off in the first week of May.

To be fair, the waitlist email sent this March specifically stated most movement was June-July. When they wrote that email, they knew they accepted more than the class size. They probably didn't anticipate so many people to hold on to acceptances, but I don't think they'd overaccept or else they'd have a class that was too large come August.

Does this make sense, or does anyone see a flaw in my logic?

Do you know why waitlist movement happens this late at BU? I thought the deadline for multiple acceptances was May 1st?

The lady on the phone told me that its traditionally around then. Dont really know why but she says that at this point the only way that waitlist movement would happen (like most people have mentioned) is if someone drops out of another program and someone from BU takes that spot instead.

I did ask her about the selection process though and she did say that when a spot opens up, all the applicants are pooled together in order to determine who could best fill that spot (she mentioned diversity but I dont know if thats the driving factor).

The lady on the phone told me that its traditionally around then. Dont really know why but she says that at this point the only way that waitlist movement would happen (like most people have mentioned) is if someone drops out of another program and someone from BU takes that spot instead.

I did ask her about the selection process though and she did say that when a spot opens up, all the applicants are pooled together in order to determine who could best fill that spot (she mentioned diversity but I dont know if thats the driving factor).

That makes sense. Yea, a school like BU (which really emphasizes diversity) would probably want to preserve a specific class demographic. Thanks for asking!

Hey everyone,

I know most of us are freaking out as June is approaching (most of the waitlist movement is going to happen) so I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck. If it doesn’t work out, you will be back and you will get them next time! As someone who hasn’t gotten into a school yet and is waitlisted to two right now, I am right there with the rest of us who are frantically waiting and am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!!

I have a question for those who applied last cycle with AP Physics. I see BU only takes it case by case and that they recommend supplementing with another physics course but I didn’t do that. For those of you who also used AP Physics to fulfill the Physics requirement, was this a problem in your app cycle with BU? Did they mention it in interviews? Or did you explain it on the secondary somewhere why you didn’t take advanced physics courses?