You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary if you don't mind saying?My first II! Got an email this morning, scheduled for early September
Thanks! Secondary submitted on 7/12Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary if you don't mind saying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Secondary submitted on 7/12
Congrats to all receiving II...just curious if folks applied only to Case or along with Lerner?
Do you guys think 4500/3500 characters is ok?
also congrats on the II's! this seems like an awesome place!
also congrats on the II's! this seems like an awesome place!
what do you mean 4500/3500Do you guys think 4500/3500 characters is ok?
also congrats on the II's! this seems like an awesome place!
I know it saves your extra characters if you go over with no apparent limit -- but an extra 1000 characters seems like it'll be quite obvious or annoyingly long to the person reading it. I'm not sure those extra characters could really be worth pushing it...Do you guys think 4500/3500 characters is ok?
also congrats on the II's! this seems like an awesome place!
I know it saves your extra characters if you go over with no apparent limit -- but an extra 1000 characters seems like it'll be quite obvious or annoyingly long to the person reading it. I'm not sure those extra characters could really be worth pushing it...
Yeah, 3500c is already a lot so I would stick as close to it as possible. Personally, I wouldn't go over more than ~200-250c from there.
I know it saves your extra characters if you go over with no apparent limit -- but an extra 1000 characters seems like it'll be quite obvious or annoyingly long to the person reading it. I'm not sure those extra characters could really be worth pushing it...
Yeah, 3500c is already a lot so I would stick as close to it as possible. Personally, I wouldn't go over more than ~200-250c from there.
True thanks for the advice! Yeah I printed it out and it did look noticeably long haha. I got a little too excited that I didn't have to use a character counting website 🙄
That's exactly what I did.For the question:
I was involved in multiple research projects and there is just no way I can describe the hypothesis, methods, results, interpretation, and suggestions for future research for all of them in 3,500 characters without it being incomprehensible. Is it okay to refer to my primary application to say something like "I was involved in [x] research projects, and the procedures of ___ are described briefly on my primary application. ___ is described below in more depth." And then write the essay on one specific project?
Does anybody know if MSTP II's are given out around the same time as everyone else's?
LM scoreMy first II! Got an email this morning, scheduled for early September
Around 81LM score
Was going into finalize my secondary and the website seems to be unavailable. Would anyone check to see if you have the same problem?
not working for me either ("service unavailable")
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 2 small announcements to make.
1) iApply was down unexpected for about an hour last night. It's back up and running again. If you got a 503 error page trying to log into iApply, check again now.
2) Our payment processor system has been undergoing extensive maintenance during off-hours, and this has resulted in some people getting an error message when trying to pay an application fee. Most of these errors have occurred around 10:00PM EST. If you get an error when trying to pay, try again in a couple hours or the next morning. I have not yet heard from anyone getting the error 2 days in a row.
1) iApply was down unexpected for about an hour last night. It's back up and running again. If you got a 503 error page trying to log into iApply, check again now.
2) Our payment processor system has been undergoing extensive maintenance during off-hours, and this has resulted in some people getting an error message when trying to pay an application fee. Most of these errors have occurred around 10:00PM EST. If you get an error when trying to pay, try again in a couple hours or the next morning. I have not yet heard from anyone getting the error 2 days in a row.
Placed on hold for an interview today.
Where's it say that you're on hold? On the application status page?
Yes.Where's it say that you're on hold? On the application status page?
When were you complete?Placed on hold for an interview today.
7/17When were you complete?
Ok, thanks 🙂7/17
No problem! Good luck!Ok, thanks 🙂
First II invite!!!!!
When they send an email about their bioethics program....
Congrats! Complete date?
Thank you, I submitted on 7/21
Thank you, I submitted on 7/21
Did you just apply to the university track or did you also include the college track?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
University track only. Honestly I was too burnt out to write more for the college track. Kinda regret it now lolDid you just apply to the university track or did you also include the college track?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are people's thoughts on the research essay? My research wasn't necessarily the traditional sort, I wrote a computer script for calculating polygenetic risk scores. I can't really think of a way to rework what I said in my AMCAS activities section as I marked the research as a MM experience. Would be it horrible for me to copy over what I wrote in that section with a little more explanation of what exactly the script does?
Maybe you could expand more on what you learned or what skills/perspective you gained? I'd probably re-word your AMCAS statement if you can, but I'm not sure it's a big dealWhat are people's thoughts on the research essay? My research wasn't necessarily the traditional sort, I wrote a computer script for calculating polygenetic risk scores. I can't really think of a way to rework what I said in my AMCAS activities section as I marked the research as a MM experience. Would be it horrible for me to copy over what I wrote in that section with a little more explanation of what exactly the script does?
II! For both College and University Tracks 🙂
Wow, congrats!!II! For both College and University Tracks 🙂
Man, I would love to go here for it's research, but I think my stats will keep me out (3.7/510 + PhD). Their MCAT percentiles on MSAR are odd: 508/515/517/520/523). Good luck to everyone applying!
Man, I would love to go here for it's research, but I think my stats will keep me out (3.7/510 + PhD). Their MCAT percentiles on MSAR are odd: 508/515/517/520/523). Good luck to everyone applying!
I have the opposite problem - low cGPA (3.56, bad freshman year, upswing w/4.0 postbacc) and higher MCAT (518, mediocre for top schools). No PhD. 😉 But I would love to go there for the research focus (and the amazing clinical opportunities!) as well.
I think their wide range of MCAT percentiles means that they look beyond numbers if you have something that catches their eye. Good luck!
Congrats! Stats?First II! Submitted secondary on 7/21. Best of luck everyone 🙂
LizzyM=75, in-stateCongrats! Stats?
Wondering the same thing. Any recommendations for scheduling interviews for both schools? Is same day okay?So I got an II from CWRU and Lerner this morning and accidentally scheduled interviews for both schools on the same day. Does anyone know how forgiving they might be in rescheduling one of them?
First II, by the way. I cried real tears this morning.
Wondering the same thing. Any recommendations for scheduling interviews for both schools? Is same day okay?
First II, by the way. I cried real tears this morning.
No same day is not okay. From my understanding, it's 2 full interview days (one for each program). I signed up for Thursday/Friday combo for the 2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you marked complete?Wondering the same thing. Any recommendations for scheduling interviews for both schools? Is same day okay?
First II, by the way. I cried real tears this morning.
Cool, thanks! Had I read the letter before jumping to SDN to report that I'd gotten an interview, I would have seen that you are definitely supposed to schedule them on different but consecutive days. No worries, ar1993, you can call admissions and reschedule no sweat.No same day is not okay. From my understanding, it's 2 full interview days (one for each program). I signed up for Thursday/Friday combo for the 2.
Cool, thanks! Had I read the letter before jumping to SDN to report that I'd gotten an interview, I would have seen that you are definitely supposed to schedule them on different but consecutive days. No worries, ar1993, you can call admissions and reschedule no sweat.
Thank you RufDoc!!
I was marked complete 7/19.When were you marked complete?
🙁 Did you get an email?Rejected. Was one of my reach schools so not that surprised. Good luck to everyone else applying!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K