2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Submitted my primary for here in July and haven't heard any word since. Is it safe to say I got rejected? Other friends of mine have gotten their rejections, but I haven't yet. It also seems that they aren't going to be offering any new II any time soon? haha SoCal resident here
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To confirm what booboobaby said, I'm a relatively young application (<23) to be exact and i am taking a gap year but not exactly non-trad! Don't stress! I don't think that Age is the major factor here
 
I missed a call from a CDU number earlier today. I called back and no one was able to answer and asked me to leave a message. Should I just call Joe directly? Thoughts anyone?
 
Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! So I counted 4 acceptances and at the interview Joe expressed that 11 spots were offered I wonder if he was counting these? Just thinking aloud. Thanks for all your support.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m so excited. I left work early to come here and appreciate this life changing opportunity. I really hope some of you hear good news soon. After all our hard work we deserve it.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 220
BIG CONGRATS to you all...! I can only imagine...it's gotta feel pretty doggone nice... enjoy! Any of you willing to share your stats, appreciated.
 
Does anyone have any tips or information about what Interview day is like?! I have an interview on feb 3rd and I am kinda nervous! Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂
 
does anyone know if those who interviewed in fall but didn't get the call yesterday are going to be reconsidered with the rest of the interview pool, or are they just waitlisted?

I don't think those who interviewed in the fall get reconsidered with the rest of the interview pool. I think they are waitlisted if they didn't get called on Monday.
 
I don't think those who interviewed in the fall get reconsidered with the rest of the interview pool. I think they are waitlisted if they didn't get called on Monday.

I’m speculating here just like you but I don’t think we are waitlisted just yet. Personally, I will consider myself waitlisted when they accepted all 24. And knowing the more competitive applicants are typically in the fall, I don’t think they will easily disregard that and (lack of a better phrase) create us equal with the rest of the pool.
 
Ahh! Congrats to all who've been accepted, and welcome to the Drew family! If you have questions, feel free to PM me. 🙂

If you're waiting to hear back, just hold on a bit longer and don't lose hope! Rooting for you!
 
I wouldn’t recommend calling. At least not at this particular time, because I’m sure several applicants are doing the same thing. We don’t want to inundate the admission’s office. However, if you have significant updates or want to express your interest, then a LOI/Update Letter might be useful.

Good luck!
 
I wouldn’t recommend calling. At least not at this particular time, because I’m sure several applicants are doing the same thing. We don’t want to inundate the admission’s office. However, if you have significant updates or want to express your interest, then a LOI/Update Letter might be useful.

Good luck!


okay thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any word from CDU/UCLA for people who interviewed in February? Patiently waiting here!
Interviewed on Feb 3rd (the last interview day). I believe Joe said that decisions won’t be announced until early-mid March. I don’t remember him stating a specific date. So hopefully we’ll hear something next week!
 
Interviewed on Feb 3rd (the last interview day). I believe Joe said that decisions won’t be announced until early-mid March. I don’t remember him stating a specific date. So hopefully we’ll hear something next week!
Thanks for that update! Last I heard during my January interview was we wouldn't find out until the end of February so I was a little excited this week.
 
Thanks for that update! Last I heard during my January interview was we wouldn't find out until the end of February so I was a little excited this week.
If they work fast, then it’s possible they could announce this week too! It’s been a while since the last interview date so who knows lol
 
Surprised there haven't been any reports of acceptances on here this week. I was accepted this week, but in the interest of anonymity, I won't say precisely when. I interviewed here fairly early in the cycle, so if you interviewed in Sept/Oct, don't lose hope!

Congrats on your acceptance!!
 
Since no one else posted, I didn’t say for the interest of anonymity either. But I was also accepted this past week

Congrats to you as well! I'm sure you must be extremely excited 🙂

If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Before or After December?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for answering! This is my gut feeling, but for some reason I can't find anything online to back it up. It makes sense tho!

This is how Joe described it during my interview. I've also looked through past application thread for Drew/UCLA and remember a few peoples post that said the same thing when they were applying for residencies.