You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Offered Geffen Scholarship yesterday🙂 very honored
That is amazing! I thought they only tell you that at the time of acceptance. I am surprised.Offered Geffen Scholarship yesterday🙂 very honored
Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, was anyone accepted this week?
Or, was anyone who interviewed Feb 3rd accepted so far?
Or, was anyone who interviewed Feb 3rd accepted so far?
I interviewed Feb 3rd and haven’t heard anything . I wonder if this is the case for everyone???Also, was anyone accepted this week?
Or, was anyone who interviewed Feb 3rd accepted so far?
+1I interviewed Feb 3rd and haven’t heard anything . I wonder if this is the case for everyone???
Yeah if we haven't heard, then we're most likely waitlisted...
Next wave will be in May. Waiting game commences yet again.
Next wave will be in May. Waiting game commences yet again.
Yeah if we haven't heard, then we're most likely waitlisted...
Next wave will be in May. Waiting game commences yet again.
Just curious where your getting your information from? Are you speculating or did you ask admissions?
Also offered Geffen last week. So thrilled! I thought it would come with acceptance too so was very surprised.Offered Geffen Scholarship yesterday🙂 very honored
I called Admissions today. They were not clear about the timeline for decisions or about the status of people who interviewed in February.
They said the files are still under review...
I do not know if we can assume that we are waitlisted, but I would have low expectations before May.
And, congrats HermioneGrangerMD,
They said the files are still under review...
I do not know if we can assume that we are waitlisted, but I would have low expectations before May.
And, congrats HermioneGrangerMD,
Also offered Geffen last week. So thrilled! I thought it would come with acceptance too so was very surprised.
Congratulations! 50 points to Gryffindor lolAlso offered Geffen last week. So thrilled! I thought it would come with acceptance too so was very surprised.
Alright I just called about something unrelated but I did ask about the Fall interview thing. At the end of Feb/beginning of March, they will examine the entire pool of interviewees, and give out the remaining ~14 offers to Fall interviewees and Spring interviewees.
Did Joe say this?
I think for our sanity, it's safe to assume we won't hear back until after April 30.
Did Joe say this?
Yes
Idk if someone mentioned this already, but I just realized that as of March 15th, drew has to have already offered a number of acceptances equal to the class size. This is per AAMC traffic rules. So yes, I would say that it’s safe to assume we have been “waitlisted”.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The traffic rule is by March 30th.
I don't know what your source is, but as per the AAMC website, the traffic rule is March 15th: The AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers
Yeah but depending on how many actually accept their acceptance there will be some movement. I would not expect much though probably 10-15 max (again just my assumption)
I don't know. 2019 US News Rankings just ranked UCLA at #8 for research and #4 for primary care... even Yale was outranked....
In case anyone is wondering, interview season is finished here. Confirmed via phone call to office staff.
Just to clarify, are you saying they sent out all acceptance calls or just finished reviewing all interviewed apps?
I think Anon_ post was just saying that if anyone is waiting to be invited for an interview, they are no longer interviewing students.Just to clarify, are you saying they sent out all acceptance calls or just finished reviewing all interviewed apps?
Are any accepted students still waiting to hear about their financial aid? I was accepted a few weeks ago and haven't heard yet 🙁Also offered Geffen last week. So thrilled! I thought it would come with acceptance too so was very surprised.
Are any accepted students still waiting to hear about their financial aid? I was accepted a few weeks ago and haven't heard yet 🙁
Been waiting for 2 months!
Are any accepted students still waiting to hear about their financial aid? I was accepted a few weeks ago and haven't heard yet 🙁
When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
We don’t have access to the UCLA portal for some reason, I hope they fix it this week. Also did anyone have joe send them the ppt he presented on interview day? I asked for it but haven’t heard back for some timeAre any accepted students still waiting to hear about their financial aid? I was accepted a few weeks ago and haven't heard yet 🙁
yo what's goooooood?? I know they say patience is a virtue but this is worse than being ghosted.
I've sent 2 emails to Joe and he has ignored both. I'm guessing I am out of the running.yo what's goooooood?? I know they say patience is a virtue but this is worse than being ghosted.
Joe said if you don’t hear anything, assume you are waitlisted... which is my assumption right now lol!I've sent 2 emails to Joe and he has ignored both. I'm guessing I am out of the running.
.I've sent 2 emails to Joe and he has ignored both. I'm guessing I am out of the running.
Last edited:
I've sent 2 emails to Joe and he has ignored both. I'm guessing I am out of the running.
I was told Joe was out of the office until mid April on vacation and will get back to all emails after.
I'm assuming all spots are filled and that he has made all the phone calls needed before going on vacation... Again for our own sanity, expect movement after April 30 - expecting anything before then might be unrealistic.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!
Don’t lose hope... they are still making phone calls even before the April 30th deadline.
Did you just get a call?!?!?!
Yes i did!Did you just get a call?!?!?!
Yes i did!
That is amazing! Congratulations!!!
Congrats!!! That must have been so exciting and a nice surprise.
Hi all!
Don’t lose hope... they are still making phone calls even before the April 30th deadline.
Welcome to the squad!!
This thread was pretty quiet today. Assuming no one has been notified? Weird because on past threads people posted about acceptances the day after traffic day.
I called the office because I hadn’t heard anything since March when I called the office and was told I would hear back by end of April.This thread was pretty quiet today. Assuming no one has been notified? Weird because on past threads people posted about acceptances the day after traffic day.
Joe was apparently out of the office.
OMG I JUST GOT IN!!!
CONGRATS!!! Did you get a call from Joe?
CONGRATS!!! Did you get a call from Joe?
No, it was a Dr? From Admissions.
Dr.Calmes maybe. Congrats mang!No, it was a Dr? From Admissions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any information about financial aid from this particular program?
It all goes through UCLA and they give pretty generous need-based scholarships.
Does anyone have any information about financial aid from this particular program?
First, congratulations on your acceptance!
CDU does not handle any of the financial aid. If they've processed your acceptance through the UCLA portal, you'll have access to the Pre-Matriculation Checlist which includes info on how to apply for aid. Hope that helps!
First, congratulations on your acceptance!
CDU does not handle any of the financial aid. If they've processed your acceptance through the UCLA portal, you'll have access to the Pre-Matriculation Checlist which includes info on how to apply for aid. Hope that helps!
oh, ok! Thanks so much!
So I got a call from Dr. V from admissions on Tuesday saying she is presenting me for acceptance to UCLA Geffen.. Does this mean i'm in or should I still be holding tight? I interviewed before thanksgiving so i'm assuming they are pulling me off of the waitlist if I get accepted by Geffen. Does anyone have any information on this process?
Last edited: