2017-2018 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s soooo quiet here but given that 3/15 has passed and drew probably gave out all their seats based on AAMC rules, I’m guessing I’m waitlisted lol

Members don't see this ad.

Offered Geffen Scholarship yesterday:) very honored

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, was anyone accepted this week?
Or, was anyone who interviewed Feb 3rd accepted so far?

Reactions: 1 user
Also, was anyone accepted this week?
Or, was anyone who interviewed Feb 3rd accepted so far?
I interviewed Feb 3rd and haven’t heard anything . I wonder if this is the case for everyone???

Yeah if we haven't heard, then we're most likely waitlisted...

Next wave will be in May. Waiting game commences yet again.

Yeah if we haven't heard, then we're most likely waitlisted...

Next wave will be in May. Waiting game commences yet again.

Just curious where your getting your information from? Are you speculating or did you ask admissions?

I called Admissions today. They were not clear about the timeline for decisions or about the status of people who interviewed in February.
They said the files are still under review...
I do not know if we can assume that we are waitlisted, but I would have low expectations before May.

And, congrats HermioneGrangerMD,
Also offered Geffen last week. So thrilled! I thought it would come with acceptance too so was very surprised.

Alright I just called about something unrelated but I did ask about the Fall interview thing. At the end of Feb/beginning of March, they will examine the entire pool of interviewees, and give out the remaining ~14 offers to Fall interviewees and Spring interviewees.

Did Joe say this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if someone mentioned this already, but I just realized that as of March 15th, drew has to have already offered a number of acceptances equal to the class size. This is per AAMC traffic rules. So yes, I would say that it’s safe to assume we have been “waitlisted”.

Yeah but depending on how many actually accept their acceptance there will be some movement. I would not expect much though probably 10-15 max (again just my assumption)

I don't know. 2019 US News Rankings just ranked UCLA at #8 for research and #4 for primary care... even Yale was outranked....

Reactions: 2 users
In case anyone is wondering, interview season is finished here. Confirmed via phone call to office staff.

In case anyone is wondering, interview season is finished here. Confirmed via phone call to office staff.

Just to clarify, are you saying they sent out all acceptance calls or just finished reviewing all interviewed apps?

Just to clarify, are you saying they sent out all acceptance calls or just finished reviewing all interviewed apps?
I think Anon_ post was just saying that if anyone is waiting to be invited for an interview, they are no longer interviewing students.

Also offered Geffen last week. So thrilled! I thought it would come with acceptance too so was very surprised.
Are any accepted students still waiting to hear about their financial aid? I was accepted a few weeks ago and haven't heard yet :(

Are any accepted students still waiting to hear about their financial aid? I was accepted a few weeks ago and haven't heard yet :(

When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

We don’t have access to the UCLA portal for some reason, I hope they fix it this week. Also did anyone have joe send them the ppt he presented on interview day? I asked for it but haven’t heard back for some time

yo what's goooooood?? I know they say patience is a virtue but this is worse than being ghosted.

Reactions: 5 users
I've sent 2 emails to Joe and he has ignored both. I'm guessing I am out of the running.

I was told Joe was out of the office until mid April on vacation and will get back to all emails after.

I'm assuming all spots are filled and that he has made all the phone calls needed before going on vacation... Again for our own sanity, expect movement after April 30 - expecting anything before then might be unrealistic.

Hi all!
Don’t lose hope... they are still making phone calls even before the April 30th deadline.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! That must have been so exciting and a nice surprise.

withdrew acceptance/scholarship ... hope one of you all gets it! Good luck

Reactions: 6 users
This thread was pretty quiet today. Assuming no one has been notified? Weird because on past threads people posted about acceptances the day after traffic day.

This thread was pretty quiet today. Assuming no one has been notified? Weird because on past threads people posted about acceptances the day after traffic day.
I called the office because I hadn’t heard anything since March when I called the office and was told I would hear back by end of April.

Joe was apparently out of the office.

I got accepted earlier today , it feels like I’m floating... for those stressing right now and those in the future my stats were 3.7, 505, on base extracurriculars, I had a poor MMI, but a good personal interview. I’ll update my mdapp when it’s all over

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone have any information about financial aid from this particular program?

Does anyone have any information about financial aid from this particular program?

It all goes through UCLA and they give pretty generous need-based scholarships.

First, congratulations on your acceptance!

CDU does not handle any of the financial aid. If they've processed your acceptance through the UCLA portal, you'll have access to the Pre-Matriculation Checlist which includes info on how to apply for aid. Hope that helps!

First, congratulations on your acceptance!

CDU does not handle any of the financial aid. If they've processed your acceptance through the UCLA portal, you'll have access to the Pre-Matriculation Checlist which includes info on how to apply for aid. Hope that helps!

oh, ok! Thanks so much!

So I got a call from Dr. V from admissions on Tuesday saying she is presenting me for acceptance to UCLA Geffen.. Does this mean i'm in or should I still be holding tight? I interviewed before thanksgiving so i'm assuming they are pulling me off of the waitlist if I get accepted by Geffen. Does anyone have any information on this process?

Last edited: