2017-2018 Hofstra University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1st tier waitlisted! Interviewed early oct

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1st tier waitlist as well. Interviewed late November

1st tier waitlist! interviewed mid-Sept. what exactly does 1st tier mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
1st Tier Waitlist as well :eek:. Any current student have any clue about how many or percent of class that were off waitlist in previous years?

My email says nothing about 1st tier wait list. It simply says "your application will continue to be considered for a position between now and the end of March. By that point, I will be offered a position in the class or for the wait list."

Guess this is a different email than above. Not sure exactly what it means but I'll take it I guess :shrug:

Reactions: 5 users
My email says nothing about 1st tier wait list. It simply says "your application will continue to be considered for a position between now and the end of March. By that point, I will be offered a position in the class or for the wait list."

Guess this is a different email than above. Not sure exactly what it means but I'll take it I guess :shrug:

May I ask when you interviewed?

Got this email as well. I think this is better than a waitlist since it's "either a position in the new class or a waitlist."

Have they rejected everyone or just put all on a first tier waitlist?

Post II rejection just now via email. Good luck to everyone else.

So how do you withdraw on the portal? I emailed to withdraw and they told me to hit the decline button on the portal which as far as I can tell does not exist?
Also got put on the hold for decision post interview...no wait list, acceptance, or rejection
Interviewed in September...

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m curious what the email people got said to indicate “1st tier waitlist”? I guess that would be the most competitive/likely to be accepted waitlist to be on?

I’m curious what the email people got said to indicate “1st tier waitlist”? I guess that would be the most competitive/likely to be accepted waitlist to be on?

"Our Admissions Committee has considered your accomplishments, motivation, and ability to succeed at our medical school and would like to place your application on our 1st tier waitlist for continued consideration for a position in the Class of 2022."

Anyone know when the 1st tier waitlist movement is based on past years?

I got second tier, the email literally just says: "Our Admissions Committee has considered your accomplishments, motivation, and ability to succeed at our medical school and would like to place your application on our 2nd tier waitlist for continued consideration for a position in the Class of 2022."

It sounds like everyone else and their mother got onto the first tier tho, so I will be withdrawing my second tier application.

Just got an email from the adcom saying thanks for interviewing abd that my application remains under review. It mentions that I will continue to be considered between today and the end of March. Not sure what this email means other than they are still making decisions?

I got this too. I think we are still in active running for spots rn as opposed to a WL where they are in consideration after all spots are filled!

I was just placed on the post-interview waitlist. Interviewed 10/20.

It seems like they changed it up this year with the waitlists (having a tiered system). Last year I didn't hear about waitlists until March and wasn't accepted until mid-June. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
2nd tier. -_--

Do these things ever see any movement?

2nd tier. -_--

Do these things ever see any movement?
It seems that they do have at least some movement, although I feel like being buried on the second tier (I got placed on it as well) is kind of disheartening. Also, like the poster above said, this is the first year they have done tiered waitlists..

2nd tier waitlist, for md phd tho, anyone know if md phd has more or less movement possibly than md?

Has anyone who interviewed in the month of December heard back in terms of acceptances?
I interviewed here on Jan 3 and they said that they had sent out a mass acceptance/rejection in December and that everyone who interviewed after (including me) would receive an update (or final decision) within 6 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Anyone else get an email saying we were still waiting to be accepted or waitlisted? Not sure if it's worse than getting waitlisted or literally that a decision hasn't been made yet.

Anyone else get an email saying we were still waiting to be accepted or waitlisted? Not sure if it's worse than getting waitlisted or literally that a decision hasn't been made yet.

Yeah I think a bunch of us got this as well it would seem. I think it is literally that they have not decided yet

I got this too. I think we are still in active running for spots rn as opposed to a WL where they are in consideration after all spots are filled!
Are you sure this is the correct interpretation? The wording was vague and when I first read it I thought a rejection might still be on the way at some point, but now I'm not sure

Are you sure this is the correct interpretation? The wording was vague and when I first read it I thought a rejection might still be on the way at some point, but now I'm not sure

By definition it said we were being considered either for a place in the class or for the waitlist, so I agree with the earlier poster that it is just a deferral to the next decision day. Did anyone actually get an acceptance today?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is from the email, “This email serves as an update that your application remains under review and will continue to be considered for a position in our next class between now and the end of March. By then, you will receive a definitive decision as to whether we are able to offer you a position in the class or a position on our waitlist.” I read it as we haven’t been placed on a WL and we are still in active consideration for a spot before the waitlisted

Ok, so there are 80+ people in the Hofstra 2022 accepted students group right now. Does that mean that the rest of us are interviewing for the remaining 20 accepts or a place on the waitlist? Since they have a hard cap on a class of 100?

Ok, so there are 80+ people in the Hofstra 2022 accepted students group right now. Does that mean that the rest of us are interviewing for the remaining 20 accepts or a place on the waitlist? Since they have a hard cap on a class of 100?
Virtually every school accepts far more than the number of spots they have because a significant percentage of accepted students won't actually attend. I assume that's true for Hofstra as well.

Most of the time, a good chunk of people in those fb groups are current students.

Question -- how soon after interviewing should one expect to hear back? I interviewed in early January and on the interview day, they were very vague about when we would hear back (no week range given). They simply said the latest we would hear back is the end of March. I see above that someone said 6 weeks -- can this be confirmed? I also heard on interview day from someone on admissions that the first wave of acceptances went out in December and that from now on, acceptances are rolling....not sure if true though and what this means.

Question -- how soon after interviewing should one expect to hear back? I interviewed in early January and on the interview day, they were very vague about when we would hear back (no week range given). They simply said the latest we would hear back is the end of March. I see above that someone said 6 weeks -- can this be confirmed? I also heard on interview day from someone on admissions that the first wave of acceptances went out in December and that from now on, acceptances are rolling....not sure if true though and what this means.

I remember hearing something similar on my interview day. However, the post interview email we received mentioned that we should be getting an update by mid January. That didn't happen :/
Curious to know the answer to your question as well.

I remember hearing something similar on my interview day. However, the post interview email we received mentioned that we should be getting an update by mid January. That didn't happen :/
Curious to know the answer to your question as well.
I saw that in the e-mail too and was confused as I had only just interviewed the week before. I believe that it was a mistake in the e-mail and they forgot to replace the date for later interviewees...

I saw that in the e-mail too and was confused as I had only just interviewed the week before. I believe that it was a mistake in the e-mail and they forgot to replace the date for later interviewees...

Yeah that was my second guess. Fingers crossed they get back to us before March!

Hey guys, I think they're sending out some acceptances today. I'm from the November interview group and just received an acceptance email. Fingers crossed to yahl!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted after receiving the "application will continue to be considered between now and March" email recently!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys, I think they're sending out some acceptances today. I'm from the November interview group and just received an acceptance email. Fingers crossed to yahl!

Congrats on the acceptance! Did you get the "your application will continued to be reviewed between now and march" email a week ago or so ago?

Congrats on the acceptance! Did you get the "your application will continued to be reviewed between now and march" email a week ago or so ago?
Yes! Definitely didn't expect to hear back so soon.