2017-2018 Hofstra University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Hofstra have an official ultrasound training certificate or is it just some training that you can do? I attended the waitlist session but I cant seem to remember and I cant find anything online.

First things first, the ultrasound training is not optional. It is ~2h every other week and is part of the core curriculum. Second, we don't receive any sort of certificate for it. It is, as the u/s instructor loves to tell us, "an extension of the physical exam."
 
Just wondering, did WL people just get another email reminding them about their WL position? I know it says no action required, but they just make me nervous every time haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First things first, the ultrasound training is not optional. It is ~2h every other week and is part of the core curriculum. Second, we don't receive any sort of certificate for it. It is, as the u/s instructor loves to tell us, "an extension of the physical exam."
Does Hofstra have an official ultrasound training certificate or is it just some training that you can do? I attended the waitlist session but I cant seem to remember and I cant find anything online.

I remember the dean mentioning at my interview day about putting in extra hours of training to receive a certificate. They do, however, already have extensive ultrasound training integrated into their curriculum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! Facebook challenged millennial here...can anyone help me find the Facebook page? Thanks!
 
Withdrew acceptance w/ scholarship today. Super tough decision because this school sounds amazing! good luck everyone, sure y'all will love it
 
Incoming MS1 here! PM me if you have questions about this school, about interview day, Northwell Health (I'm a local quite familiar with the hospitals), or anything in general! Good Luck!

Hey I know this is an old thread but I am planning on applying to Hofstra Med this 2019 cycle and had a question. I am currently volunteering at a Northwell affiliated hospital and was wondering if that would help me get into the school. Additionally, would you say doing research at Northwell Health would help with admissions.
 
I was accepted off the first-tier waitlist about a week ago. I already had another acceptance and even signed a lease in the other location. However, after learning earlier this week that Zucker would be offering me scholarship money each year and some subsidized loans, I reconsidered and ultimately decided to attend Zucker! Thank you to all of you that decided to go elsewhere if that had a role in my acceptance. I am super excited and would be willing to talk to anyone in a similar tough situation.

Just so you know, I did try to ask the other school very nicely if they could help me out with any funding, and they said no.
 
I understand that we need to wear business casual for clinics. Does any current student know what that means for males? Nice pants of course, but buttoned shirt or nice collared polo? Thanks.
 
I understand that we need to wear business casual for clinics. Does any current student know what that means for males? Nice pants of course, but buttoned shirt or nice collared polo? Thanks.
Slacks/dress pants with a dress shirt and tie. Most preceptors will say to wear your white coat over that
 
I understand that we need to wear business casual for clinics. Does any current student know what that means for males? Nice pants of course, but buttoned shirt or nice collared polo? Thanks.
Buttoned shirt. No tie required. Aint no one wants to wear that tie. (although for neurology rotation, yes. yes you do need to wear that tie)