2017-2018 Hofstra University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Hofstra have an official ultrasound training certificate or is it just some training that you can do? I attended the waitlist session but I cant seem to remember and I cant find anything online.

First things first, the ultrasound training is not optional. It is ~2h every other week and is part of the core curriculum. Second, we don't receive any sort of certificate for it. It is, as the u/s instructor loves to tell us, "an extension of the physical exam."

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, did WL people just get another email reminding them about their WL position? I know it says no action required, but they just make me nervous every time haha

Just wondering, did WL people just get another email reminding them about their WL position? I know it says no action required, but they just make me nervous every time haha

Yup! Nearly got a heart attack cause I thought it was a decision haha

Members don't see this ad :)
First things first, the ultrasound training is not optional. It is ~2h every other week and is part of the core curriculum. Second, we don't receive any sort of certificate for it. It is, as the u/s instructor loves to tell us, "an extension of the physical exam."
Does Hofstra have an official ultrasound training certificate or is it just some training that you can do? I attended the waitlist session but I cant seem to remember and I cant find anything online.

I remember the dean mentioning at my interview day about putting in extra hours of training to receive a certificate. They do, however, already have extensive ultrasound training integrated into their curriculum.

Time to see how much the tiers of the wait list matter

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance with a scholarship as well. They should have a lot of money moving around now!

Reactions: 1 users
Happy May 1 everyone! From last year's thread, WL movement was reported on May 1 so hopefully we hear something today :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have access to the MSAR waitlist statistics for Hofstra who can post it?

Sure! Here is the most updated stats for Hofstra:
Median MCAT: 516
Median GPA: 3.78
Median sGPA: 3.74
Interviewed: 686

Thinking meant how many people are wait-listed and how many are taken off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Hofstra has a Summer program?

At the accepted student weekend I remember hearing of a summer program thats invite only

Accepted! Interview early Feb. 1st tier waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Facebook challenged millennial here...can anyone help me find the Facebook page? Thanks!

Accepted yesterday. 1st tier waitlist! Interviewed late November

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew acceptance w/ scholarship today. Super tough decision because this school sounds amazing! good luck everyone, sure y'all will love it

Incoming MS1 here! PM me if you have questions about this school, about interview day, Northwell Health (I'm a local quite familiar with the hospitals), or anything in general! Good Luck!

Hey I know this is an old thread but I am planning on applying to Hofstra Med this 2019 cycle and had a question. I am currently volunteering at a Northwell affiliated hospital and was wondering if that would help me get into the school. Additionally, would you say doing research at Northwell Health would help with admissions.

I was accepted off the first-tier waitlist about a week ago. I already had another acceptance and even signed a lease in the other location. However, after learning earlier this week that Zucker would be offering me scholarship money each year and some subsidized loans, I reconsidered and ultimately decided to attend Zucker! Thank you to all of you that decided to go elsewhere if that had a role in my acceptance. I am super excited and would be willing to talk to anyone in a similar tough situation.

Just so you know, I did try to ask the other school very nicely if they could help me out with any funding, and they said no.

Reactions: 4 users
I understand that we need to wear business casual for clinics. Does any current student know what that means for males? Nice pants of course, but buttoned shirt or nice collared polo? Thanks.

I understand that we need to wear business casual for clinics. Does any current student know what that means for males? Nice pants of course, but buttoned shirt or nice collared polo? Thanks.
Slacks/dress pants with a dress shirt and tie. Most preceptors will say to wear your white coat over that

Buttoned shirt. No tie required. Aint no one wants to wear that tie. (although for neurology rotation, yes. yes you do need to wear that tie)