2017-2018 Howard University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in graduate school. Does Howard look at current coursework more highly than previous coursework???
 
pre or post-secondary?

Post secondary, it said this "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." The subject said "FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE-YOUR SECONDARY HAS BEEN RECEIVED/SCREENED"


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Does anyone know how long Howard typically likes the individual essay questions to be? There is no word or character limit and I know some of the secondaries I have sent have had extremely long and extremely short limits with some in between. I'm not a fan of ambiguity, so if some of you guys could say what your essay lengths were, it'd give me a better picture. Thanks!
 
Does anyone know how long Howard typically likes the individual essay questions to be? There is no word or character limit and I know some of the secondaries I have sent have had extremely long and extremely short limits with some in between. I'm not a fan of ambiguity, so if some of you guys could say what your essay lengths were, it'd give me a better picture. Thanks!

Mine were about 600 words each. (Could have gotten the general idea down in 400 words.)
 
Does anyone know how long Howard typically likes the individual essay questions to be? There is no word or character limit and I know some of the secondaries I have sent have had extremely long and extremely short limits with some in between. I'm not a fan of ambiguity, so if some of you guys could say what your essay lengths were, it'd give me a better picture. Thanks!

Mine were about 200-400 words


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
My status page is showing " your application is NOT ready". This is still showing even after I received email that my application has been received and screened. Is any body else noticing this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status page is showing " your application is NOT ready". This is still showing even after I received email that my application has been received and screened. Is any body else noticing this?

I think they mention in the complete email that you will not see any status updates online.
 
I see, they made it look like I was missing something. I am used to seeing "application complete" when all your documents have been received.
 
Howard accepts people all the way until March, found out when I called astroturfing cycle, so applying early not sure how much affect it has
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I think I submitted 2nd, but the application didn't go away .. hoping to get a complete email or something soon. IS that normal? also is there a portal for updates?
EDIT: on the status page, I can see most if not all of what I need! Here is to claiming my II form Howard! good luck everyone
 
EDIT: on the status page, I can see most if not all of what I need!

Wait, what status page? I thought there wasn't really any page after you submit your secondary. At least in the email it says that the apply.howard.edu site is for their internal use, and that we'd get updates through email?
 
Just submitted my app, and while I can see that I'm complete via the status page, does Howard typically send complete emails?
 
Wait, what status page? I thought there wasn't really any page after you submit your secondary. At least in the email it says that the apply.howard.edu site is for their internal use, and that we'd get updates through email?
When you open the secondary, there's a status tab that you can click on and view if everything is complete/if you have an interview or not
 
When you open the secondary, there's a status tab that you can click on and view if everything is complete/if you have an interview or not
I did receive a "secondary received" email that said "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." It also said not to use the apply.howard.edu site to look for updates. All updates will be sent via email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you open the secondary, there's a status tab that you can click on and view if everything is complete/if you have an interview or not
Does "not scheduled yet" next to a lock for interview mean .... no interview I assume...? Initially saw it as "you have an interview but you just havent picked a date yet!" but.... no other information to back that up on the portal haha....
 
I did receive a "secondary received" email that said "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." It also said not to use the apply.howard.edu site to look for updates. All updates will be sent via email.

+1
 
Does "not scheduled yet" next to a lock for interview mean .... no interview I assume...? Initially saw it as "you have an interview but you just havent picked a date yet!" but.... no other information to back that up on the portal haha....
I think it just means you don't have an interview yet. Because I literally just submitted mine and that was the immediate status afterwards.
 
I did receive a "secondary received" email that said "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." It also said not to use the apply.howard.edu site to look for updates. All updates will be sent via email.
How long after you submitted did you receive that email??