2017-2018 Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you know about how many interview invites they send out?
About 300 and they accept about 220 for a class of 120ish.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Howard Med Hopeful here! Praying for everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Time to work on this, now that MCAT is over with. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently in graduate school. Does Howard look at current coursework more highly than previous coursework???

I got an email that said my app was received and screened. Do y'all know what they base this screen on?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

pre or post-secondary?

Post secondary, it said this "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." The subject said "FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE-YOUR SECONDARY HAS BEEN RECEIVED/SCREENED"

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long Howard typically likes the individual essay questions to be? There is no word or character limit and I know some of the secondaries I have sent have had extremely long and extremely short limits with some in between. I'm not a fan of ambiguity, so if some of you guys could say what your essay lengths were, it'd give me a better picture. Thanks!

Does anyone know how long Howard typically likes the individual essay questions to be? There is no word or character limit and I know some of the secondaries I have sent have had extremely long and extremely short limits with some in between. I'm not a fan of ambiguity, so if some of you guys could say what your essay lengths were, it'd give me a better picture. Thanks!

Mine were about 600 words each. (Could have gotten the general idea down in 400 words.)

Mine were about 200-400 words

Members don't see this ad :)
My status page is showing " your application is NOT ready". This is still showing even after I received email that my application has been received and screened. Is any body else noticing this?

My status page is showing " your application is NOT ready". This is still showing even after I received email that my application has been received and screened. Is any body else noticing this?

I think they mention in the complete email that you will not see any status updates online.

I see, they made it look like I was missing something. I am used to seeing "application complete" when all your documents have been received.

I see, they made it look like I was missing something. I am used to seeing "application complete" when all your documents have been received.

Me, too. That's understandable. The waiting doesn't help either.

This makes me question if there is any real significance in applying early, all this waiting is just psychological warfare.

Reactions: 3 users
Howard accepts people all the way until March, found out when I called astroturfing cycle, so applying early not sure how much affect it has

Howard and Meharry honestly...
Meharry has been sending me emails claiming that my application is complete and ready to be considered for an II.. and i don't even remember the password to open their secondary. :arghh:

Meharry has been sending me emails claiming that my application is complete and ready to be considered for an II.. and i don't even remember the password to open their secondary. :arghh:
WHAT! I haven't been getting those emails at all :(

you're probably good, I think it doesn't mean anything because I haven't even submitted their secondary yet. so a glitch is my best guess.
Lol, these schools with their erroneous emails. Que pasa con eso?

Howard accepts people all the way until March, found out when I called astroturfing cycle, so applying early not sure how much affect it has
I meant to put last cycle...lol..not sure why autocorrect put "astotroturfing" lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'm applying late, since my mcat scores don't come out until late october
Same, but since I already have one score on file maybe they will give me a preliminary look? and Finally some action !

but are october applications too late?
Well they accept mcat score from January of 2018, and when I called last year I asked if that was even too late to apply and they were like nah, we'll still be interviewing

So I think I submitted 2nd, but the application didn't go away .. hoping to get a complete email or something soon. IS that normal? also is there a portal for updates?
EDIT: on the status page, I can see most if not all of what I need! Here is to claiming my II form Howard! good luck everyone

EDIT: on the status page, I can see most if not all of what I need!

Wait, what status page? I thought there wasn't really any page after you submit your secondary. At least in the email it says that the apply.howard.edu site is for their internal use, and that we'd get updates through email?

Just submitted my app, and while I can see that I'm complete via the status page, does Howard typically send complete emails?

Wait, what status page? I thought there wasn't really any page after you submit your secondary. At least in the email it says that the apply.howard.edu site is for their internal use, and that we'd get updates through email?
When you open the secondary, there's a status tab that you can click on and view if everything is complete/if you have an interview or not

When you open the secondary, there's a status tab that you can click on and view if everything is complete/if you have an interview or not
I did receive a "secondary received" email that said "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." It also said not to use the apply.howard.edu site to look for updates. All updates will be sent via email.

Does "not scheduled yet" next to a lock for interview mean .... no interview I assume...? Initially saw it as "you have an interview but you just havent picked a date yet!" but.... no other information to back that up on the portal haha....

I did receive a "secondary received" email that said "This acknowledgement email means that all of your documents have been received and a preliminary review has taken place." It also said not to use the apply.howard.edu site to look for updates. All updates will be sent via email.

+1

Does "not scheduled yet" next to a lock for interview mean .... no interview I assume...? Initially saw it as "you have an interview but you just havent picked a date yet!" but.... no other information to back that up on the portal haha....
I think it just means you don't have an interview yet. Because I literally just submitted mine and that was the immediate status afterwards.

How long after you submitted did you receive that email??

I think it just means you don't have an interview yet. Because I literally just submitted mine and that was the immediate status afterwards.
yeah i figured, just saying thats not the best way for them to tell us that haha