2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS applying here. As there is no secondary, how do I communicate my ties to the school? Do we send emails or letters to IU?

Has anyone received any confirmation that their application was received now that AMCAS has sent out the first batch?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS. Fingers crossed- this is the only school that I WANT to pay a secondary fee to, because that means I'd get an interview.

Got my confirmation that they received my application...and now we wait.

Hmm.. I haven't heard anything from them yet and I was verified on the day applications became available to submit for verification lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe check your spam? Seems like you should have heard.

Just checked spam to be fully sure and no responses there either. I would say the EDP is why you have heard so quickly since you will have first priority over the regular application pool due to the accelerated review process for EDP applicants.

I just received an email of acknowledgment of my verified application!

:) me.
I've got so many other freaking secondary essays piling up that I'm ok with it, though.

Ok, cool! I'm not worried, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one, haha. I don't think they do secondaries for Indiana though.

:) me.
I've got so many other freaking secondary essays piling up that I'm ok with it, though.

No worries, Indiana doesn't have a secondary. You won't need to do anything unless you get an II I don't believe.

Has anyone already designated letters to go to this school yet? I know they don't have a secondary, but do we need to send the recommendation letters before or after we get the email for the II (interview notice + fee)?

Has anyone already designated letters to go to this school yet? I know they don't have a secondary, but do we need to send the recommendation letters before or after we get the email for the II (interview notice + fee)?
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to designate letters to go with your app. So don't wait to get the II.

Do you know how strict they are on the non-sci letter?

EDIT: Answered via their website. I think I read the non-sci letter thing on an older version of the MSAR or something.

Last edited:
Anyone applying MSTP here? I'm not sure how many letters to send in...MSAR for MD is 3 max, nothing on MSTP.

Does anyone know if IU is systems based or traditional curriculum?

Anyone applying MSTP here? I'm not sure how many letters to send in...MSAR for MD is 3 max, nothing on MSTP.
You should give them a call. Their admissions office is actually quite helpful and responsive

Went to IU as an undergrad. Loved the environment, friendliness, and knowledgeable faculty of the university. My stats don't quite match up to what they're looking to for medical school but best of luck to all who apply! IU is a great university.

So, I've been thinking a lot about the different campuses...and I'm really stuck on which one to choose. I'm leaning towards Indy because it's a bigger city. But, the class sizes are way bigger and I heard that not many people go to lecture, so I'm not sure how we would meet each other? Does anyone have any insights or helpful information to offer?

So, I've been thinking a lot about the different campuses...and I'm really stuck on which one to choose. I'm leaning towards Indy because it's a bigger city. But, the class sizes are way bigger and I heard that not many people go to lecture, so I'm not sure how we would meet each other? Does anyone have any insights or helpful information to offer?
when do you get to choose which campus?

Are we supposed to get any confirmation email or anything from the admissions committee to verify they received our primary? I added IndianaU to my list on 7/10 and haven't heard anything since.

submitted my amcas june 1 and just now receieved confirmation they got my amcas today on 7/18. OOS

Finally got the notice that they received my primary. Verified 6/19.

Are we supposed to get any confirmation email or anything from the admissions committee to verify they received our primary? I added IndianaU to my list on 7/10 and haven't heard anything since.

You should get it pretty soon if you haven't already.

I was verified on 6/15 and haven't gotten the email that they received my AMCAS. I'm OOS. Anyone else not get the email?

I was verified on 6/15 and haven't gotten the email that they received my AMCAS. I'm OOS. Anyone else not get the email?
+1, but I was verified two days ago.

Same boat over here-- No email from them yet that they got my stuff even though I was verified 6/10. I'm IS.

Okay y'all, so I called admissions and they said that they didn't receive primary applications from AMCAS until the 2nd week of July. They're still downloading primaries, so those of us who haven't gotten emails yet should be getting them in the coming weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay y'all, so I called admissions and they said that they didn't receive primary applications from AMCAS until the 2nd week of July. They're still downloading primaries, so those of us who haven't gotten emails yet should be getting them in the coming weeks.
The hero we need.

Reactions: 2 users