You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Indiana University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS applying here. As there is no secondary, how do I communicate my ties to the school? Do we send emails or letters to IU?
Has anyone received any confirmation that their application was received now that AMCAS has sent out the first batch?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think those are generally things discussed in the interviews.OOS applying here. As there is no secondary, how do I communicate my ties to the school? Do we send emails or letters to IU?
Has anyone received any confirmation that their application was received now that AMCAS has sent out the first batch?
Nope
OOS. Fingers crossed- this is the only school that I WANT to pay a secondary fee to, because that means I'd get an interview.
Got my confirmation that they received my application...and now we wait.
Got my confirmation that they received my application...and now we wait.
When were you verified, if you don't mind sharing?
I submitted the 25th and got the application processed email the very next day (not sure how it happened that quickly, but it did.)When were you verified, if you don't mind sharing?
I submitted the 25th and got the application processed email the very next day (not sure how it happened that quickly, but it did.)
Are you EDP?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hmm.. I haven't heard anything from them yet and I was verified on the day applications became available to submit for verification lol
Yes, sorry, should have mentioned that to start with.
Maybe check your spam? Seems like you should have heard.Hmm.. I haven't heard anything from them yet and I was verified on the day applications became available to submit for verification lol
Hmm.. I haven't heard anything from them yet and I was verified on the day applications became available to submit for verification lol
Same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe check your spam? Seems like you should have heard.
Just checked spam to be fully sure and no responses there either. I would say the EDP is why you have heard so quickly since you will have first priority over the regular application pool due to the accelerated review process for EDP applicants.
I just received an email of acknowledgment of my verified application!
i got an email saying they received my AMCAS primary.. not Early Decision
Samei got an email saying they received my AMCAS primary.. not Early Decision
i got an email saying they received my AMCAS primary.. not Early Decision
+1
Anyone else who still hasn't heard anything?
🙂 me.Anyone else who still hasn't heard anything?
I've got so many other freaking secondary essays piling up that I'm ok with it, though.
🙂 me.
I've got so many other freaking secondary essays piling up that I'm ok with it, though.
Ok, cool! I'm not worried, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one, haha. I don't think they do secondaries for Indiana though.
🙂 me.
I've got so many other freaking secondary essays piling up that I'm ok with it, though.
No worries, Indiana doesn't have a secondary. You won't need to do anything unless you get an II I don't believe.
Has anyone already designated letters to go to this school yet? I know they don't have a secondary, but do we need to send the recommendation letters before or after we get the email for the II (interview notice + fee)?
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to designate letters to go with your app. So don't wait to get the II.Has anyone already designated letters to go to this school yet? I know they don't have a secondary, but do we need to send the recommendation letters before or after we get the email for the II (interview notice + fee)?
Do you know how strict they are on the non-sci letter?
EDIT: Answered via their website. I think I read the non-sci letter thing on an older version of the MSAR or something.
EDIT: Answered via their website. I think I read the non-sci letter thing on an older version of the MSAR or something.
Last edited:
Does anyone know if IU is systems based or traditional curriculum?
You should give them a call. Their admissions office is actually quite helpful and responsiveAnyone applying MSTP here? I'm not sure how many letters to send in...MSAR for MD is 3 max, nothing on MSTP.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Went to IU as an undergrad. Loved the environment, friendliness, and knowledgeable faculty of the university. My stats don't quite match up to what they're looking to for medical school but best of luck to all who apply! IU is a great university.
So, I've been thinking a lot about the different campuses...and I'm really stuck on which one to choose. I'm leaning towards Indy because it's a bigger city. But, the class sizes are way bigger and I heard that not many people go to lecture, so I'm not sure how we would meet each other? Does anyone have any insights or helpful information to offer?
when do you get to choose which campus?So, I've been thinking a lot about the different campuses...and I'm really stuck on which one to choose. I'm leaning towards Indy because it's a bigger city. But, the class sizes are way bigger and I heard that not many people go to lecture, so I'm not sure how we would meet each other? Does anyone have any insights or helpful information to offer?
If you're accepted EDP, you choose in October before the regular admits do their preferences, I believe.when do you get to choose which campus?
submitted my amcas june 1 and just now receieved confirmation they got my amcas today on 7/18. OOS
+1submitted my amcas june 1 and just now receieved confirmation they got my amcas today on 7/18. OOS
Finally got the notice that they received my primary. Verified 6/19.
Finally got the notice that they received my primary.
+1 verified 6/20
Are we supposed to get any confirmation email or anything from the admissions committee to verify they received our primary? I added IndianaU to my list on 7/10 and haven't heard anything since.
You should get it pretty soon if you haven't already.
+1, but I was verified two days ago.I was verified on 6/15 and haven't gotten the email that they received my AMCAS. I'm OOS. Anyone else not get the email?
Same here. I was verified 6/14. Also OOS.I was verified on 6/15 and haven't gotten the email that they received my AMCAS. I'm OOS. Anyone else not get the email?
Pretty sure I was verified on 6/14 and I'm also OOS. Did you triple check your spam?Same here. I was verified 6/14. Also OOS.
Yeah I check it regularly. Seems like it is a bit sporadic so I'm not sure.Pretty sure I was verified on 6/14 and I'm also OOS. Did you triple check your spam?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same boat over here-- No email from them yet that they got my stuff even though I was verified 6/10. I'm IS.
The hero we need.Okay y'all, so I called admissions and they said that they didn't receive primary applications from AMCAS until the 2nd week of July. They're still downloading primaries, so those of us who haven't gotten emails yet should be getting them in the coming weeks.
Same as well. Verified very earlySame
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K