2017-2018 Indiana University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, this is my first post on this thread. I am currently on the alternate list and was wondering when should we expect movement?
 
Another alternate, here.

From previous year's thread, it appears we'll get a letter in the mail at about the middle of June if we're accepted. SO basically another month of obsessively checking the mailbox. If we don't get accepted this month, we can still get a letter OR a phone call in July.
Well, so I guess we continue to wait anxiously. Thank you!!!
 
Got an email encouraging me to apply to the Md-mph program as if I was accepted despite already being rejected anybody else have that?
 
Has anyone spoken with an IUSM advisor post-rejection to discuss their application? I'm curious how helpful they were.
I did a previous cycle. It was fairly unhelpful-- they told me to improve my GPA (No one has the time/moneyfor that) and that everything else was solid (it wasn't). I addressed everything EXCEPT what they told me to fix and I got into IU the next cycle I applied.... BUT I will say that during my interview I could say that I called to speak with Dr. whoever about my app, and I think that def helped. So I would do it just to be able to say you did it, at least.
 
Based on previous years, the first waitlist movement starts in the middle of June. So maybe soon we'll hear something. Last year nothing until early July.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was nice to finally see you all! A little intimidating...a little nerve wracking...definitely suffering from the seemingly ubiquitous imposter syndrome. In any case, good luck tomorrow and in the weeks and months afterwards!