2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my waitlist position at this school. I receive an acceptance to MU-COM, and I've decided I wanted to attend there even if I received an acceptance from IUSM! Good luck everyone else!
Join the club!!! See you in August!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my IS acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you deserving students on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
What address should we send the transcripts to?

Send them to the Office of Admissions/Financial Aid address. It's something on W. Michigan St., Fesler Hall. Should be on the website.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, this is my first post on this thread. I am currently on the alternate list and was wondering when should we expect movement?

Another alternate, here.

From previous year's thread, it appears we'll get a letter in the mail at about the middle of June if we're accepted. SO basically another month of obsessively checking the mailbox. If we don't get accepted this month, we can still get a letter OR a phone call in July.
Well, so I guess we continue to wait anxiously. Thank you!!!

Got an email encouraging me to apply to the Md-mph program as if I was accepted despite already being rejected anybody else have that?

Has anyone spoken with an IUSM advisor post-rejection to discuss their application? I'm curious how helpful they were.
I did a previous cycle. It was fairly unhelpful-- they told me to improve my GPA (No one has the time/moneyfor that) and that everything else was solid (it wasn't). I addressed everything EXCEPT what they told me to fix and I got into IU the next cycle I applied.... BUT I will say that during my interview I could say that I called to speak with Dr. whoever about my app, and I think that def helped. So I would do it just to be able to say you did it, at least.

Based on previous years, the first waitlist movement starts in the middle of June. So maybe soon we'll hear something. Last year nothing until early July.

Been waiting a long time to say this. ACCEPTED!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those accepted off the waitlist, would you mind sharing if you were IS or OOS?

Anyone hear anything about need based scholarships yet?

Has anyone heard of any recent waitlist movement since June 22?

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
I received a call yesterday pulling me from the waitlist and offering me a position at the Northwest campus. I declined and withdrew my application to attend Marian! Hope it goes to one of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I'm hoping for one more large amount of positions offered this month.
I am sure they’ll offer more acceptances. I haven’t seen an OOS student post an acceptance off the waitlist on this thread yet. There’s still hope!!

I received a call yesterday pulling me from the waitlist and offering me a position at the Northwest campus. I declined and withdrew my application to attend Marian! Hope it goes to one of you.
I will see you there!

Has anyone heard anything lately? We are running out of July

Has anyone heard anything lately? We are running out of July
I was expecting to see some movement of the waitlist on Friday, so that was a little disappointing. It looks like there are a few of us really crossing our fingers here and hoping for nothing short of a miracle. we're riding this thing out until orientation!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got a call for a spot at the terre haute campus!!!! Wow!

Reactions: 4 users
It was nice to finally see you all! A little intimidating...a little nerve wracking...definitely suffering from the seemingly ubiquitous imposter syndrome. In any case, good luck tomorrow and in the weeks and months afterwards!