2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Added this school last week, how long does it take to receive a complete email?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all the interview invites people are getting! Quick question, are any of you who got the II applying for MD/PhD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who got their receipt of application on 7/10 (first day they were sent out) not heard anything yet?

They sent me an email on 8/1 after the EDP application closed telling me that "upon careful review" of my application they had decided to defer me. My MCAT score was also slightly below the EDP cutoff.
Okay, would you mind sharing your scores?

My email just said choose fall or summer, not a year and obviously we would be starting in 2018. I don't think it was a mistake, I think they use that grad application for all of their graduate programs and none of the others apply this far in advance. I'll call tomorrow to ask if I should wait for a fix or just choose fall 2017.

Regarding dates, they will send you a date. I don't believe you get to choose. You just choose a campus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I also saw that Fall 2018 wasn't an option. I called several times the office number they gave in the email for any questions, but no one was there. Have you been able to reach them?

I also saw that Fall 2018 wasn't an option. I called several times the office number they gave in the email for any questions, but no one was there. Have you been able to reach them?
Yes! They said to choose fall 2017 and they will change it on their end because there is nothing they can do about it since it's a school-wide application.

Last edited:
If you got interview invites, would you be okay with sharing your stats, and whether or not you are IS and EDP. I'm applying next year and it would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive an invitation to apply to the rural health program here? I am wondering if this could mean an II is on the way??

what do you put for the "are you applying for a dual degree program" is you are NOT MD/PhD? The emails says to only select "No" if MD/PhD, but if you pick yes it says stuff about an additional application and so on?

I think the way they phrased it in the email was confusing, but I'm not MD/PhD and I said no.
Okay so did I... does your portal status just say in process? All we do is pay the fee and answer those basic questions on the grad application and then we pick location, correct?

Last edited:
OOS border state, LizzyM about 72... hoping for some love! Just submitted primary here

Okay so did I... does your portal status just say in process? All we do is pay the fee and answer those basic questions on the grad application and then we pick location, correct?
Yeah that's what I did, and mine says the same thing. I also had both of the required forms sent off to IUSM today, although from the portal it seems like those can be uploaded even after the interview.

Anybody applying MSTP and got verification of their primary? My AMCAS was verified on 6/10 and have not received a confirmation on receipt of the primary yet.

Last edited:
Rejected just now. OOS, 3.7, 509-511, 2 first-author pubs/1 co-author in ortho surgery. Oh well. First rejection stings a bit.

Rejected just now. OOS, 3.7, 509-511, 2 first-author pubs/1 co-author in ortho surgery. Oh well. First rejection stings a bit.
Keep your head up, you've got 2 IIs! That's something to be proud of. And it's certainly more than what some of us have.

Reactions: 1 users
Added this school last week and haven't heard anything yet :D should I call them? Or send them an email?

Rejected this morning.

OOS, White, LizzyM : 76

No ties to Indiana

IM NOT MAD AT ALL

Last edited:
OOS with lower stats and didn't get rejected this morning...maybe they have yet to reject people this far down LOL

OOS with lower stats and didn't get rejected this morning...maybe they have yet to reject people this far down LOL
I got rejected OOS. I wish I did my research on this school more because apparently they really like OOS applicants to have a tie to the state.

II! In State Resident

I got rejected OOS. I wish I did my research on this school more because apparently they really like OOS applicants to have a tie to the state.

Possibly dumb question, but are adcoms any more/less likely to consider OOS people from nearby states vs very far away? For example, from the midwest applying to midwest schools vs from the south applying midwest etc?

Possibly dumb question, but are adcoms any more/less likely to consider OOS people from nearby states vs very far away? For example, from the midwest applying to midwest schools vs from the south applying midwest etc?
I think it makes sense to have better chances if you live in a boarder state. I have lower stats and am OOS but am an IL resident and haven't gotten a rejection so that could be why.

How are you even supposed to indicate if you do have ties?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I sent a letter to the office about my state ties, but it was also indicated on my primary app since I had lived in Indiana until college and my permanent family address is in Indiana.

II! Michigan (border state may help), LizzyM 78, got the confirmation email on 7/10.

Which city should I sign up for? Anyone have suggestions?

Reactions: 2 users
Email this morning, rejected. OOS, California and no Indiana ties (probably why). LizzyM 75.5. Oh well, guess I was too optimistic as an OOS applicant. Congrats to those who got interviews!!

Email this morning, rejected. OOS, California and no Indiana ties (probably why). LizzyM 75.5. Oh well, guess I was too optimistic as an OOS applicant. Congrats to those who got interviews!!
I had pretty much the same stats, rejected too today. A good way to deal with rejection is alcohol!

Yeah, Fort Wayne and south bend are the closest, so I think I'm just going with Fort wayne

A piece of information for people going in to the applicant portal: make sure you click the correct city you want to interview at on the first try. Made my decision for the city I wanted and the next time I entered the portal the box was grayed out and couldn't be changed!

A piece of information for people going in to the applicant portal: make sure you click the correct city you want to interview at on the first try. Made my decision for the city I wanted and the next time I entered the portal the box was grayed out and couldn't be changed!
howwww do you schedule the interview? I've selected a city, and it's grayed out now, but it won't give me any dates to choose from? Do I need to do the whole application first?