2017-2018 Indiana University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Congrats to all the interview invites people are getting! Quick question, are any of you who got the II applying for MD/PhD?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else who got their receipt of application on 7/10 (first day they were sent out) not heard anything yet?
 
My email just said choose fall or summer, not a year and obviously we would be starting in 2018. I don't think it was a mistake, I think they use that grad application for all of their graduate programs and none of the others apply this far in advance. I'll call tomorrow to ask if I should wait for a fix or just choose fall 2017.

Regarding dates, they will send you a date. I don't believe you get to choose. You just choose a campus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I also saw that Fall 2018 wasn't an option. I called several times the office number they gave in the email for any questions, but no one was there. Have you been able to reach them?
 
I also saw that Fall 2018 wasn't an option. I called several times the office number they gave in the email for any questions, but no one was there. Have you been able to reach them?
Yes! They said to choose fall 2017 and they will change it on their end because there is nothing they can do about it since it's a school-wide application.
 
Last edited:
If you got interview invites, would you be okay with sharing your stats, and whether or not you are IS and EDP. I'm applying next year and it would be very helpful.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what do you put for the "are you applying for a dual degree program" is you are NOT MD/PhD? The emails says to only select "No" if MD/PhD, but if you pick yes it says stuff about an additional application and so on?
 
I think the way they phrased it in the email was confusing, but I'm not MD/PhD and I said no.
Okay so did I... does your portal status just say in process? All we do is pay the fee and answer those basic questions on the grad application and then we pick location, correct?
 
Last edited:
Okay so did I... does your portal status just say in process? All we do is pay the fee and answer those basic questions on the grad application and then we pick location, correct?
Yeah that's what I did, and mine says the same thing. I also had both of the required forms sent off to IUSM today, although from the portal it seems like those can be uploaded even after the interview.
 
Rejected just now. OOS, 3.7, 509-511, 2 first-author pubs/1 co-author in ortho surgery. Oh well. First rejection stings a bit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got rejected OOS. I wish I did my research on this school more because apparently they really like OOS applicants to have a tie to the state.

Possibly dumb question, but are adcoms any more/less likely to consider OOS people from nearby states vs very far away? For example, from the midwest applying to midwest schools vs from the south applying midwest etc?
 
Possibly dumb question, but are adcoms any more/less likely to consider OOS people from nearby states vs very far away? For example, from the midwest applying to midwest schools vs from the south applying midwest etc?
I think it makes sense to have better chances if you live in a boarder state. I have lower stats and am OOS but am an IL resident and haven't gotten a rejection so that could be why.
 
Email this morning, rejected. OOS, California and no Indiana ties (probably why). LizzyM 75.5. Oh well, guess I was too optimistic as an OOS applicant. Congrats to those who got interviews!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email this morning, rejected. OOS, California and no Indiana ties (probably why). LizzyM 75.5. Oh well, guess I was too optimistic as an OOS applicant. Congrats to those who got interviews!!
I had pretty much the same stats, rejected too today. A good way to deal with rejection is alcohol!
 
A piece of information for people going in to the applicant portal: make sure you click the correct city you want to interview at on the first try. Made my decision for the city I wanted and the next time I entered the portal the box was grayed out and couldn't be changed!
 
A piece of information for people going in to the applicant portal: make sure you click the correct city you want to interview at on the first try. Made my decision for the city I wanted and the next time I entered the portal the box was grayed out and couldn't be changed!
howwww do you schedule the interview? I've selected a city, and it's grayed out now, but it won't give me any dates to choose from? Do I need to do the whole application first?