2017-2018 Indiana University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I was verified by AMCAS August 17th and still haven't recieved an email they got my application, is this normal or abnormal?
 
I need to submit documentation to IU because I received IA my freshman year (underage drinking ticket that resulted in disciplinary probation for 1 year, but I talked about how/what I learned from it.) Am I screwed out of an acceptance here?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this school do silent rejections?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Put South Bend as preferred campus, but received my interview date and location today for Oct. 4th at the Northwest campus
 
So I accidentally selected one city as preferred location thinking I could change it before submitting. Looks like it is now locked. Did this happen to anyone and do you know if a quick phone call can get me the preferred? Looks like it may not matter as they are giving some interview dates/locations to different campuses then the preferred one.
 
Rejected today. Received the receipt notification on 7/25. OOS but went to undergrad in South Bend. No other ties to the state except that my sister got her PhD from IU. It's kind of odd they don't ask for state ties prior to reviewing your application.:shrug:

Good luck to everyone still in the running!
 
got an II and paid the graduate application fee but i'm not sure what to do about my letters - it says they dont have them even though they were submitted through amcas. is that normal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if being from a surrounding state helps being OOS? No actual ties besides traveling there from time to time.
 
Does the school do silent rejections? I got the email that they received my app on 7/10 but wasn't complete until ~7/31 (Late LOR). I still haven't heard anything back yet and with people getting both IIs and rejections I was wondering if it would be a good idea to email admissions?
 
So I'm trying to get the 3x5 photo that we have to bring printed for my interview. Does anyone else have the same problem of not being able to find a place that prints this size? I'm seeing 4x6 minimum size everywhere.
 
So I'm trying to get the 3x5 photo that we have to bring printed for my interview. Does anyone else have the same problem of not being able to find a place that prints this size? I'm seeing 4x6 minimum size everywhere.
I'm interviewing tomorrow too and I just printed a 4x6 at walgreens and cut it down a bit!
 
Does the school do silent rejections? I got the email that they received my app on 7/10 but wasn't complete until ~7/31 (Late LOR). I still haven't heard anything back yet and with people getting both IIs and rejections I was wondering if it would be a good idea to email admissions?


I don't think you need LOR's to be complete? On their website it says they will contact you for LOR's once you have been invited to an interview after screening and receipt of your primary.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview was scheduled today for October 11th(I got the email), but my application portal still says they haven't received my forms. Plus I have to get a non-science LOR. Is this normal? I thought everything needed to be in place before I interviewed.
 
My interview was scheduled today for October 11th(I got the email), but my application portal still says they haven't received my forms. Plus I have to get a non-science LOR. Is this normal? I thought everything needed to be in place before I interviewed.
They accept an additional science professor letter in place of the non-science! Also, I had the yellow check-marks for a bit as well but once they received the forms I mailed in they went ahead and check-marked everything else off.