2017-2018 Johns Hopkins University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else in total silence?...since October

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just interviewed today. Was told that I would hear back in April. I think the next wave of decisions is February 1st.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone go to the Greeters? what was it like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It was informative. Not a lot of students showed up at my sessions though. Also, don't expect food. There's a lot of candy though!

It was informative. Not a lot of students showed up at my sessions though. Also, don't expect food. There's a lot of candy though!

Really enjoyed it. I reached out to some students on the contact list sent in the greeters email beforehand and got to meet them that night & ask about specific stuff from their bios that relate to me. Helpful to know a bit about them already. There were many current students at my session, but +1 on no food but lots of candy.

Last edited:
So Feb. 1st is the next batch of decisions right?

This wait is killing me... Any day now Hopkins!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they call or just email?

Accepted!!! Only saw it on the portal!

Reactions: 9 users
WL - has anyone done the digging on when they start to remove from the alternate list? Is it when they do their next round of acceptances, or later, like in May?

I WASNT READY! This was supposed to happen on Thursday. I'm too scared to check.

Reactions: 1 users
WL - has anyone done the digging on when they start to remove from the alternate list? Is it when they do their next round of acceptances, or later, like in May?
On their website it says they start to use the waitlist mid-May

Does anyone know how many students JHU typically ends up accepting from the waitlist/alternative list?

accepted after finally checking the portal

Reactions: 7 users
Where are you guys seeing it on the portal? I only see the option to "View application" and "Print Receipt" :(

Where are you guys seeing it on the portal? I only see the option to "View application" and "Print Receipt" :(
When did you interview? Your decision might not be released today

I WASNT READY! This was supposed to happen on Thursday. I'm too scared to check.
Omg I felt the same way - I was expecting it on Thursday and was TOTALLY UNPREPARED for that email!

Just got the big R on my birthday lol. Best of luck to everyone else!!

My son got accepted on 1/30.
OS Interviewed on 11/30

Just realized that the priority financial aid deadline was Feb. 1... does anyone know how large of a difference not applying by this deadline makes? :sorry:

^ yes I called and she said it's not a "hard" deadline but rather a goal to try to get your stuff done ASAP for maximal consideration

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know an exact date for when the next decisions are going to be released?

Does anyone know if JHU takes updates from those who are on the waitlist. I was WL'ed in December post interview. I found out the other day that a manuscript that I am co-author on has been accepted for publication. If they take updates from WL'ed candidates, I'd like to know how to send an update!

Does anyone know if JHU takes updates from those who are on the waitlist. I was WL'ed in December post interview. I found out the other day that a manuscript that I am co-author on has been accepted for publication. If they take updates from WL'ed candidates, I'd like to know how to send an update!

I believe Hopkins does accepts updates post-interview. You would send them to Ms. Mazza.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know when is the right time to send in a LOI if you are waitlisted?

For people who interviewed early January, does anyone remember when they said we should expect decisions?