2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ I got the same email. Anyone else? I too am interested in what exactly this means, and how I can get off the "hold" pile and into the "interview" pile
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected.

3.4 cGPA, 3.1 sGPA, 508 MCAT, CA-Resident. Submitted primary 6/20 and secondary 8/3.

Shame too, was probably my number one choice DO school.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ I got the same email. Anyone else? I too am interested in what exactly this means, and how I can get off the "hold" pile and into the "interview" pile
Me too. I was rejected pre secondary but sent an email asking for a more holistic review of my application, and they sent one to me. so I guess this is better than being rejected at this point.

Rejected. I took the MCAT last Saturday so I figured they would wait for my new score before making a decision but nope. Very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected. I took the MCAT last Saturday so I figured they would wait for my new score before making a decision but nope. Very disappointed.

When did you get the complete email? Sorry to hear

Reactions: 1 user

I am in the same boat as well. I am very upset and disappointed. They couldn't wait for us to get our score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr. IceHocky et al,
Being placed on hold means the reviewer of your file wanted a second set of eyes, so your file will be sent to the review committee and the application will be reviewed once again. A final decision will be made after the review committee. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
II!!!! So stoked, I love this school!

Reactions: 1 users
II, from the Southeast

I think I submitted beginning of July probably

Pretty excited although I don't know anything about this school. It was like the only DO school that was in a city XD so that's why I applied.

Edit: I just looked over my secondary and there are so many cringe worthy answers. Idk why they gave me an interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I am in the same boat as well. I am very upset and disappointed. They couldn't wait for us to get our score?

I highkey want to send an email to ask if they would be willing to wait for my score.

Mr. IceHocky et al,
Being placed on hold means the reviewer of your file wanted a second set of eyes, so your file will be sent to the review committee and the application will be reviewed once again. A final decision will be made after the review committee. I hope this helps!

Thank you. Is it helpful to send the school an update or interest letter?

I highkey want to send an email to ask if they would be willing to wait for my score.

You should try, it cant hurt, like I said I sent an email when they declined to send me a secondary, I think they also mistakenly thought I was retaking the MCAT and when I explained why Marian is one of my top choices and the strengths in my application they changed my status and sent me one.

II this morning too! OOS, 3.5 gpa, 513 mcat

Reactions: 2 users
Hi @MU COM

My application was submitted earlier this month, but all of my LORs are marked incomplete along with my application. They were all uploaded and sent through AACOMAS - do I need to do anything or just wait it out?

Thanks

Last edited:
You should try, it cant hurt, like I said I sent an email when they declined to send me a secondary, I think they also mistakenly thought I was retaking the MCAT and when I explained why Marian is one of my top choices and the strengths in my application they changed my status and sent me one.

That's pretty cool. Good on you for reaching out and being active! Nice of MU-COM to accommodate as well.

Does anyone know if Marian have a student host program for interviewees?

II :D I didn't think I was that special and thought plenty of interview invites went around, this thread certainly proved that theory wrong. I'm OOS and stoked :)

II this morning!!! First II so far, I'm so excited!!!

OOS but from the Midwest, LizzyM ~66
Complete 6/26

When I was scheduling this morning, there were dates available from end of august thru September. I chose Sept 9th!

II this morning, complete 7/20. 3.85/516, OOS (no ties at all...). Excited!

Whoa...incredible stats! Why aren't you focusing on MD?

I applied to both for a number of reasons. Currently have 5 II, a mix of DO and MD (I need to update my sig...). MUCOM in particular appealed to me because of the university being Catholic.

Reactions: 1 user
II!!! Nice surprise in the AM before going to my ACOM interview. Complete 7/5

So this school has interviews on Saturdays?? The interview scheduling is really confusing me

Hi @MU COM

My application was submitted earlier this month, but all of my LORs are marked incomplete along with my application. They were all uploaded and sent through AACOMAS - do I need to do anything or just wait it out?

Thanks
This happened to me too...I waited it out for a little while but then they sent me an incomplete app file and I called them...there had been something wrong on their end so I would wait for a few weeks and then call to make sure there is nothing wrong

@mgrey How are you liking MUCOM? Any tips for interviews? Any woes about it being a new school?

Last edited: