2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Though I'd gotten everything submitted a few weeks prior, I received my "officially complete" e-mail on September 12th.

I wonder if I should email... I completed everything early August and got my complete email late August. How long after 4 weeks should I wait?! I'm doomed 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was placed on the "hold for interview" list a month ago. I called the admin office and they said those of us on hold should receive some sort of update by the end of the week.

Maybe I was placed on hold without being updated? I will give it until the end of the week and email if I still don't hear back. I hate having to email, I feel impatient. However, I would rather know that my application didn't get lost or forgotten about.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a email saying that because of my low GPA, I'll be put on hold until my grades come in at the end of the year. My last 120 credits are 3.71 but I have 199 credits total so what the heck is a 9 credit semester going to do lol. My GPA is going to move 0.01 points. Anyways, I knew this school was a long-shot as I'm pretty far from the area and my LizzyM is sub 60. Good luck to all of you with interviews!
 
Last edited:
Just got a email saying that because of my low GPA, I'll be put on hold until my grades come in at the end of the year. My last 120 credits are 3.71 so what the heck is a 9 credit semester going to do lol. My GPA is going to move 0.01 points. Anyways, I knew this school was a long-shot as I'm pretty far from the area and my lizzyM is sub 60. Good luck to all of you with interviews!

Wow, sounds like they at least took a in depth look at your stats and even gave you a customized decision.
Risky, but it may be worth a shot to call and tell them 0.01 is the max it will move. Can't hurt?
 
Wow, sounds like they at least took a in depth look at your stats and even gave you a customized decision.
Risky, but it may be worth a shot to call and tell them 0.01 is the max it will move. Can't hurt?
I mean, they have my app so you'd think they'd know that from seeing my 199 credits right? I think it's just a nice way of them saying a 3.1 cGPA is too low. Anyways, at least they emailed me about it and didn't silently reject me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They take into account who the interviewer is for the MMIs as some are notorious for being lenient and others more critical.
This is true. We have some really difficult teachers on in class so it's not surprising that they are difficult in interviews. I had a guy high five me during the middle of my interview. Sure made me feel good. It's actually one of the reason that MUCOM became my top pick. I mean... who does that in an interview?!?! Says a lot to me about the culture and attitude of MUCOM. After 2 years, I'll say that my intuition was correct.
 
I was told 2-4 weeks and this time frame has recently passed without a sound.... safe to assume I was rejected and ghosted?
 
I was told 2-4 weeks and this time frame has recently passed without a sound.... safe to assume I was rejected and ghosted?

Definitely not. Admissions does there best to give everyone answer in a timely matter, but as with the application process at every school, it takes a while! Marian does not silently reject anyone. If you just hit 4 weeks, my assumption is that you will likely hear back next week.
 
I was told 2-4 weeks and this time frame has recently passed without a sound.... safe to assume I was rejected and ghosted?
Hi All,
We want to let you know from the admissions office we are working as dilligently as possible. We have seen a substantial increase of applications this year, so there are more to process. We do not do silent rejections, if you are not being brought in for an interview you will hear from us. If you are on hold, the committee met last week and will meet again this week. We are hoping to give everyone who has been at this status for 4+ weeks a decision by Friday. We appreciate your patientce during a time having patientce is not easy.
 
Hi All,
We want to let you know from the admissions office we are working as dilligently as possible. We have seen a substantial increase of applications this year, so there are more to process. We do not do silent rejections, if you are not being brought in for an interview you will hear from us. If you are on hold, the committee met last week and will meet again this week. We are hoping to give everyone who has been at this status for 4+ weeks a decision by Friday. We appreciate your patientce during a time having patientce is not easy.
Thank you for your transparency!

It is much appreciated.
 
Alternate list! Super bummed, fell in love with this school. 507 MCAT, 3.9 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA. IN resident.
Why on earth did you get on the alt list? I was put on there too and I was super bummed. Do you know what our next steps should be
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well isn't everyone extra snippy today haha. Relax and be nice guys, we are all going to be colleagues some day.

My apologies, my browser didn’t refresh, so I didn’t see everyone else’s posts. Although, I don’t think anyone was trying to be rude.