2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Though I'd gotten everything submitted a few weeks prior, I received my "officially complete" e-mail on September 12th.

I wonder if I should email... I completed everything early August and got my complete email late August. How long after 4 weeks should I wait?! I'm doomed :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on the "hold for interview" list a month ago. I called the admin office and they said those of us on hold should receive some sort of update by the end of the week.

Reactions: 1 users
I was placed on the "hold for interview" list a month ago. I called the admin office and they said those of us on hold should receive some sort of update by the end of the week.

Maybe I was placed on hold without being updated? I will give it until the end of the week and email if I still don't hear back. I hate having to email, I feel impatient. However, I would rather know that my application didn't get lost or forgotten about.

Should I submit my secondary here? GPA: 3.75 MCAT: 507 OH resident

Reactions: 1 user
I kinda tripped up on the 2nd MMI (10% cut one) but the other two went well I think. Hopefully they average!

Hmmmm, they have been verifying my letters for more than 4 weeks.. Is this normal?

Hmmmm, they have been verifying my letters for more than 4 weeks.. Is this normal?
It took them 2 weeks to verify mine and get updated into the portal. They also specifically say not to contact them until after 3 weeks, I believe.

What a rush. Good luck other Holders

just got the email. Not selected for an interview. Good luck everyone!

Got not one... not two... not three.. BUT FOUR emails telling me I didn't get an interview at this school. Hahaha, gez I got the message the first two times

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got not one... not two... not three.. BUT FOUR emails telling me I didn't get an interview at this school. Hahaha, gez I got the message the first two times

SAME. I guess they really wanted to drive the point home lol :(

What date were you complete? Getting too close to the 4 week mark....
Kinda complicated... lol. I called on 8/28 and the lady said they received everything and my portal was changed to complete. But then I got a complete email from them on 9/12... Not sure which one counts.

Alternate list! Super bummed, fell in love with this school. 507 MCAT, 3.9 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA. IN resident.

Has anyone gotten off of hold yet?

Just got a email saying that because of my low GPA, I'll be put on hold until my grades come in at the end of the year. My last 120 credits are 3.71 but I have 199 credits total so what the heck is a 9 credit semester going to do lol. My GPA is going to move 0.01 points. Anyways, I knew this school was a long-shot as I'm pretty far from the area and my LizzyM is sub 60. Good luck to all of you with interviews!

Last edited:
Just got a email saying that because of my low GPA, I'll be put on hold until my grades come in at the end of the year. My last 120 credits are 3.71 so what the heck is a 9 credit semester going to do lol. My GPA is going to move 0.01 points. Anyways, I knew this school was a long-shot as I'm pretty far from the area and my LizzyM is sub 60. Good luck to all of you with interviews!

Wow, sounds like they at least took a in depth look at your stats and even gave you a customized decision.
Risky, but it may be worth a shot to call and tell them 0.01 is the max it will move. Can't hurt?

Wow, sounds like they at least took a in depth look at your stats and even gave you a customized decision.
Risky, but it may be worth a shot to call and tell them 0.01 is the max it will move. Can't hurt?
I mean, they have my app so you'd think they'd know that from seeing my 199 credits right? I think it's just a nice way of them saying a 3.1 cGPA is too low. Anyways, at least they emailed me about it and didn't silently reject me.

II invite this morning! However, I also heard back from my #1 DO school choice this morning, so I will be withdrawing my MU-COM application. Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to those still interviewing.

II invite this morning! However, I also heard back from my #1 DO school choice this morning, so I will be withdrawing my MU-COM application. Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to those still interviewing.
You are 6 for 6 on DO interviews? Congrats!

Woke up to an II this morning!

Today marks the last day of the 2-4 week "hold" I was placed on... hoping i hear something today.

I kinda tripped up on the 2nd MMI (10% cut one) but the other two went well I think. Hopefully they average!
They take into account who the interviewer is for the MMIs as some are notorious for being lenient and others more critical.

They take into account who the interviewer is for the MMIs as some are notorious for being lenient and others more critical.
This is true. We have some really difficult teachers on in class so it's not surprising that they are difficult in interviews. I had a guy high five me during the middle of my interview. Sure made me feel good. It's actually one of the reason that MUCOM became my top pick. I mean... who does that in an interview?!?! Says a lot to me about the culture and attitude of MUCOM. After 2 years, I'll say that my intuition was correct.

I was told 2-4 weeks and this time frame has recently passed without a sound.... safe to assume I was rejected and ghosted?

I was told 2-4 weeks and this time frame has recently passed without a sound.... safe to assume I was rejected and ghosted?

Definitely not. Admissions does there best to give everyone answer in a timely matter, but as with the application process at every school, it takes a while! Marian does not silently reject anyone. If you just hit 4 weeks, my assumption is that you will likely hear back next week.

Hi All,
We want to let you know from the admissions office we are working as dilligently as possible. We have seen a substantial increase of applications this year, so there are more to process. We do not do silent rejections, if you are not being brought in for an interview you will hear from us. If you are on hold, the committee met last week and will meet again this week. We are hoping to give everyone who has been at this status for 4+ weeks a decision by Friday. We appreciate your patientce during a time having patientce is not easy.

I submitted my secondary on 9/7 and I just got the complete email. Welp

Hi All,
We want to let you know from the admissions office we are working as dilligently as possible. We have seen a substantial increase of applications this year, so there are more to process. We do not do silent rejections, if you are not being brought in for an interview you will hear from us. If you are on hold, the committee met last week and will meet again this week. We are hoping to give everyone who has been at this status for 4+ weeks a decision by Friday. We appreciate your patientce during a time having patientce is not easy.
Thank you for your transparency!

It is much appreciated.

Alternate list! Super bummed, fell in love with this school. 507 MCAT, 3.9 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA. IN resident.
Why on earth did you get on the alt list? I was put on there too and I was super bummed. Do you know what our next steps should be

It has been well past the 4 weeks since I have been complete, should I reach out to see my status?

It has been well past the 4 weeks since I have been complete, should I reach out to see my status?
I was on hold since August 28th...got rejected today. Hopefully you will hear back soon :)

If you read the post 4 posts up by MU admissions, you will have your answer
Well isn't everyone extra snippy today haha. Relax and be nice guys, we are all going to be colleagues some day.

Reactions: 3 users
Receieved an interview today, after being on hold for a few weeks!

Well isn't everyone extra snippy today haha. Relax and be nice guys, we are all going to be colleagues some day.

My apologies, my browser didn’t refresh, so I didn’t see everyone else’s posts. Although, I don’t think anyone was trying to be rude.

just got rejected, OOS. Good luck to everyone who is going here, its a pretty great school.