2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewing on November 3rd?

Members don't see this ad.

Why on earth did you get on the alt list? I was put on there too and I was super bummed. Do you know what our next steps should be
Assuming something with my interview maybe? Guess we just have to wait at this point:/

Can anyone that has interviewed here lend some tips? This will be my first MMI experience so I'm trying to prepare the best I can. Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I just got a II here and noticed there were no interview dates scheduled for november. I am OOS (michigan) and the only dates offered right now are Oct 6 and 7 as well as December 1. Anyone else not see any november interviews?

Hey everyone, I just got a II here and noticed there were no interview dates scheduled for november. I am OOS (michigan) and the only dates offered right now are Oct 6 and 7 as well as December 1. Anyone else not see any november interviews?
II also! Neighboring state, Lizzy 65. Super excited and now prepping hard. Datewise, I saw earlier a Nov 3 date but maybe they were taken up.

II! Excited to be back in the Hoosier state. OOS, URM, upward trend. Attended school in Indiana. No November dates available when I looked, so December it is!

Does Marian do hospital rotations at the Indiana medical center? Where are their hospital rotations?

Also how "Jesus-y" is Marian? I am a nonreligious racial minority. Would I feel comfortable here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Marian do hospital rotations at the Indiana medical center? Where are their hospital rotations?

I'm gonna be honest, I'm from Indiana and I have no idea what that is, unless you mean IU's hospital. Our biggest affiliates are with Community Health and St. Vincent's for rotations, but I believe they have a list of all the affiliated hospitals/networks on their website.

Also how "Jesus-y" is Marian? I am a nonreligious racial minority. Would I feel comfortable here?

Unless the occasional cross or religious piece of artwork offends you, you'll feel comfortable. A good number of students and faculty (I won't say a large number, because I honestly don't know) are not Catholic or Christian. I think the only impact it has had was that we had the opportunity to attend a service this week (campus wide) so no classes were held between 11am and noon. But even that doesn't happen often.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm from Indiana and I have no idea what that is, unless you mean IU's hospital. Our biggest affiliates are with Community Health and St. Vincent's for rotations, but I believe they have a list of all the affiliated hospitals/networks on their website.

Unless the occasional cross or religious piece of artwork offends you, you'll feel comfortable. A good number of students and faculty (I won't say a large number, because I honestly don't know) are not Catholic or Christian. I think the only impact it has had was that we had the opportunity to attend a service this week (campus wide) so no classes were held between 11am and noon. But even that doesn't happen often.
Yeah I meant IU’s hospital. Do they rotate there?

What’s the match list like? At the interview, will they ask me ethics questions on like abortion and stuff? I am personally pro-choice but that is not a Christian answer.

Anyone else interviewing this Saturday?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I meant IU’s hospital. Do they rotate there?

What’s the match list like? At the interview, will they ask me ethics questions on like abortion and stuff? I am personally pro-choice but that is not a Christian answer.

their 2017 match is available online, or if not online then it is in last year's thread and was posted by MUCOM. and abortion could potentially be a question, but that could be a question at any school. they won't judge you on your opinion, they want to know your thought process and if you can look at both sides of an argument while also staying strong on your opinion. like HoosierDoc said, religion does not play a large part at the med school other than the occasional advertisements and opportunities for attending church, and some religious symbols placed in the building.

Reactions: 1 users
Are there 2 MMI or 3 on interview day? And are saturday interviews right away or at the end?

Interviewed here, feel free to ask any questions. Interview structure is 2 MMI and 1 traditional interview

They said they'd get back to everyone by Friday, so guess in the next 4 hours I'm either getting an II or Rejection...no pressure or anything

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can anyone send me the parking directions and building room # we’re supposed to report to for tomorrow’s interview? I never got the email.

Can someone post this here? Im also unclear. I think we meet at Evans?

@MU COM If we have been complete for 4+ weeks and have not heard one way or another, has a decision not been made on our application yet, or will we be hearing later today/next week? Thank you

Last edited:
Interviewed here yesterday. Really loved the nearby area and the faculty! Everyone seemed quite friendly and laid back. Would love to go here! Just need that acceptance ;):happy:

Last edited:
Is the traditional open file?

It's closed file, they will explain this in detail on your interview day as well. My traditional interviewer only knew my major and the school I went to, but other than that its closed! They go thru a series of about ~8 questions they ask everyone. Typical stuff like "why do you think you're a good fit for medicine...talk about a challenge you have faced and what you learned...tell me about your hobbies... etc."

It was relaxed and my interviewer was so friendly! The 24 minutes flew by and it felt like we were just having a pleasant, no-stress conversation :)

Interviewed here yesterday (Sat. 10/7). I loved everything about the school. I think the best thing was the complete transparency of the admissions office. They tell you exactly what to expect during the interview day (obvi besides the specific MMI/tradish interview questions) and the timeline for hearing their decisions. They don't leave anything unanswered.

It's an awesome community and they really care (like actually really care) about their students. It's a new school, so they're super open to feedback and always trying to improve things. I'd love to go here.

If any of you have questions about the interview, feel free to ask away!

How long did they say a decision would come out?

P.S. I loved how environmentally conscious they are- I saw all kinds of recycling and charging stations for electric cars. <3

How long did they say a decision would come out?

P.S. I loved how environmentally conscious they are- I saw all kinds of recycling and charging stations for electric cars. <3

They said they meet from 7-9am on Thursdays and get through about 25 applications during that time. Between Fri/Sat, there were 67 people interviewed. So we can hear back anytime between next Thursday (10/12) and the 26th. They review apps in random order, so there's no predicting in advance when our app will be reviewed. However, if our application is not reviewed on a given Thursday, we will receive an email notifying us that they didn't get to our file. So nice of them to keep us in the loop!

This school was beautiful. The student body seemed happy and very relaxed and fun. Very excited to hear from the admissions committee soon.

Does everyone receive a secondary? Just submitted primary here on Friday

YAS, letters are complete! The waiting begins, now to be an anxious mess. :rofl:

Alternate List. A little confused, but best of luck to everyone else!

Accepted!! Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who has been accepted had their portal updated? If so, when? Or is the Nov. 1 portal update going to happen all at once?