2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted through snail mail as well, darn!!! Interviewed Jan 24, received yesterday. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but definitely gonna keep hope! Can anyone comment as to when waitlist movement has begun in the past, or any related info? Also - it says not to contact them regarding my status, but is a letter of interest at this point a potentially good thing or definitely bad?

Members don't see this ad.

They will be meeting this week or next week, coming up soon though
Hayley had my file updated/replaced by 0930 this morning. What an angel. If I get in, I'm going to bring her cupcakes.

Gotta love middle of the night heart attacks.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted through snail mail as well, darn!!! Interviewed Jan 24, received yesterday. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but definitely gonna keep hope! Can anyone comment as to when waitlist movement has begun in the past, or any related info? Also - it says not to contact them regarding my status, but is a letter of interest at this point a potentially good thing or definitely bad?
Good luck! I hope they offer you an acceptance. I am not sure about the movement. However, during my interview they said their waitlist is "a good place to be". I suppose this means they accept a decent number of people of the list ordinarily.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! I hope they offer you an acceptance. I am not sure about the movement. However, during my interview they said their waitlist is "a good place to be". I suppose this means they accept a decent number of people of the list ordinarily.
Last year 70 people off the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this was answered earlier - does anyone know if Nova accepts biochem in place of orgo 2?

So can anyone help clear this up?

Let's say that there were 200 people accepted by January, and ~50 people withdrew their acceptance in February. Does this mean Nova is now going to try and accept 90 people by the time the interview cycle ends to hit 240? Or are they going to only accept 40 more (for that 240) and then fill in the additional 50 (the initial amount of people who withdrew) with the waitlist?

To try and make it more clear, as seats clear up when people withdraw, does Nova try to continually fill those seats by accepting more people until interviews end by March, or do they ignore those withdrawn seats and give it to waitlisted people?

I hope that question isn't too confusing.

So can anyone help clear this up?

Let's say that there were 200 people accepted by January, and ~50 people withdrew their acceptance in February. Does this mean Nova is now going to try and accept 90 people by the time the interview cycle ends to hit 240? Or are they going to only accept 40 more (for that 240) and then fill in the additional 50 (the initial amount of people who withdrew) with the waitlist?

To try and make it more clear, as seats clear up when people withdraw, does Nova try to continually fill those seats by accepting more people until interviews end by March, or do they ignore those withdrawn seats and give it to waitlisted people?

I hope that question isn't too confusing.

What you’re asking makes sense! I got the impression from my interview that they are continually looking at how many seats total are left (so in your example, the scenario that they would take the withdrawn acceptances into account try to fill those 90 spots). I don’t remember exactly how they worded it, but a phrase along the lines of, “we look and see who doesn’t put down their deposit and how many spots open up” was thrown in there at some point during the lunchtime presentation. With that being said though, it seems unlikely that they would really TRY to fill all of those spots with the remaining interviewees when I’m sure they have a decent-sized waitlist full of well qualified applicants. In other words, I think they will accept who they think deserves an acceptance, and someone interviewing at the very end of the cycle isn’t at an advantage over someone on the waitlist for the sake of trying to fill seats. So if they have 90 open seats and are interviewing 90 more applicants, I’m sure they will still reject/WL as they deem fair.

Where’d you get the number from??? I’m really hoping to get off the WL!!! I have my fingers crossed lolol.
That's the same number they stated on my interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
I posted this several pages back but here are the stats.

Now that I look at this... If you look at IS interviewed vs accepted... 80% of people who interviewed got accepted (which includes the waitlisted people who got accepted). That means that the people who didn't get accepted were rejected post-II.

So I think this means for us people on the WL is that we shouldn't sweat too much since there's a super high chance of getting off the WL. Or am I being too optimistic?

+1

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that I look at this... If you look at IS interviewed vs accepted... 80% of people who interviewed got accepted (which includes the waitlisted people who got accepted). That means that the people who didn't get accepted were rejected post-II.

So I think this means for us people on the WL is that we shouldn't sweat too much since there's a super high chance of getting off the WL. Or am I being too optimistic?
How do you find that data?

Is Nova still giving out II’s ?
Still haven’t heard back from them :(
I was complete in October too

Reactions: 2 users
All students are required to have an ipad, right? Are there certain specifications the ipad needs to have?

Interview at NOVA! anything I should watch out for? add? remember?
Tips for interview day this Thursday?!
Flying in from MD

Interview at NOVA! anything I should watch out for? add? remember?
Tips for interview day this Thursday?!
Flying in from MD

Know why Nova, why you want to be a DO, what you think is the biggest problem in healthcare today, Any wholes or red flags in your application.

Interviews are in the morning and the group is broken up into two smaller groups. One group interviews first while the other takes the tour first. The interview day is pretty long and concludes around 3:30 if I remember correctly. Just be yourself and you will do fine. Everyone is really nice and friendly.

Has anyone from 2/13 interview heard back yet?

Has anyone who has accepted their offer heard any follow up from nova? I only got a follow up with my payment but not anything about my paperwork

Has anyone who has accepted their offer heard any follow up from nova? I only got a follow up with my payment but not anything about my paperwork

I haven’t heard anything. I had a few emails in sharkmail, but nothing from the medical school.

Just a heads up nova will be letting the undergrads use the graduate dorms. So the grads can’t use them.

I haven’t heard anything. I had a few emails in sharkmail, but nothing from the medical school.
It is my understanding we will receive additional communications sometime in March after the second deposit is due.

Idk if this has already been answered, but does anyone know roughly when they start looking at/accepting people off the wait list?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

I just received an email from NSU admissions regarding my matriculation, and it states "start of classes on July 30th!" and "White Coat Ceremony will take place on Saturday, July 28, 2018." Hope this helps! :D

I absolutely love this school. I currently attend NSU for undergrad. I was so excited to attend here for med school, but will be attending a school closer to home (West Coast) to save on money, travel, living, etc. I'll be retracting my acceptance (RIP Deposit) as soon as I get the chance to fill out the form. I really hope it goes to one of you who are waitlisted and would love to be here!

It is my understanding we will receive additional communications sometime in March after the second deposit is due.
When is this second deposit due? I feel like this might be a good date to tell myself for wait list communication, because whoever doesn't pay this is opening their seat back up, right? Thanks for the info :D

When is this second deposit due? I feel like this might be a good date to tell myself for wait list communication, because whoever doesn't pay this is opening their seat back up, right? Thanks for the info :D
March 15

are II's still being sent :( .....

I was really considering Rolling Hills for housing but seeing as that is no longer an option, Do any current students have apartment suggestions?

I was really considering Rolling Hills for housing but seeing as that is no longer an option, Do any current students have apartment suggestions?

Many places near Nova. A lot of apartments on university drive (same road that goes to NSU). If you don't want to live in Davie and want something cheaper, you can head a little more north and try finding some places in plantation or sunrise (it's going to be difficult finding something cheap in plantation though). Or you can go a little northwest and find a place in Pompano. Pompano beach has some decent prices and it's a ~30ish minute drive to Nova, not too bad.

Accepted! Interviewed 2/15. :soexcited:

I am really psyched because this was my top choice at the start and is still a toss up between my top and second choice now.

...There is one thing in my acceptance letter that worried me a bit - the successful completion of all course work/requirements bit. They only mentioned gen chem 1&2 on there, which I APed out of. Does NSU not accept AP credit? I'm emailing Jermila to ask, but I'm sure I probably won't hear back until Monday and this is going to eat away at me all weekend. :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users

I am really psyched because this was my top choice at the start and is still a toss up between my top and second choice now.

...There is one thing in my acceptance letter that worried me a bit - the successful completion of all course work/requirements bit. They only mentioned gen chem 1&2 on there, which I APed out of. Does NSU not accept AP credit? I'm emailing Jermila to ask, but I'm sure I probably won't hear back until Monday and this is going to eat away at me all weekend. :laugh:

We’re on spring break. Not sure if the staff get off too?

I remember during the interview they mentioned that there would be a deposit that accepted students had to put down sometime in March, and students that didn't put down a deposit would give up their seat, opening up more seats for interviewees. Does anyone know when the deadline for that deposit was?

I remember during the interview they mentioned that there would be a deposit that accepted students had to put down sometime in March, and students that didn't put down a deposit would give up their seat, opening up more seats for interviewees. Does anyone know when the deadline for that deposit was?

March 15th is the deadline for the second deposit.

So I just heard from someone that there are 2 types of waitlists. One is the "alternate" waitlist, and the other waitlist says something else. But basically, the people in the other waitlist are first pulled off, and then if there's more seats, then they go into the alternate waitlist.

Is this true? For all the waitlisted people, did you all also get "Alternate" Waitlist, or did you get the other type of waitlist on the mail you received?

So I just heard from someone that there are 2 types of waitlists. One is the "alternate" waitlist, and the other waitlist says something else. But basically, the people in the other waitlist are first pulled off, and then if there's more seats, then they go into the alternate waitlist.

Is this true? For all the waitlisted people, did you all also get "Alternate" Waitlist, or did you get the other type of waitlist on the mail you received?

So the "other waitlist" is the better one? Because you'll get a seat first?

I got alternate and I was also under the impression that there were different types of waitlists so I called them. They told me that there is only kind of waitlist, so I hope that is true.

Is there a "second look" day at Nova or is this something primarily reserved for MD schools?

How did you receive the acceptance?