2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you receive the acceptance?
PMed you first - but just for other people with this question, I received my acceptance by email.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they going to be sending out acceptances/waitlist etc this week or are they closed for spring break?

Has anyone from february interviews heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those offered interviews, did you get a phone call or e-mail? Or was there some update on the portal?

Yes, I heard back last Friday with acceptance! I know today people who interviewed 2/13 and were placed on the WL got their WL in the mail today.

Hmm, I interviewed on 2/13 and haven't gotten a letter or an acceptance email yet. I called admissions a few days ago and they said to expect something next week. Are there others who haven't heard back yet from Feb. interviews? Now I'm not sure if it's that the letter is taking long or they haven't sent out all the acceptances yet. So nerve wracking!

Hmm, I interviewed on 2/13 and haven't gotten a letter or an acceptance email yet. I called admissions a few days ago and they said to expect something next week. Are there others who haven't heard back yet from Feb. interviews? Now I'm not sure if it's that the letter is taking long or they haven't sent out all the acceptances yet. So nerve wracking!
Apparently the dean has been in Clearwater a lot for the new campus, which could be why it's taking a little longer than expected.

So is "Alternate" the same thing as the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone who interviewed Feb 8th not heard anything?

Any idea on when waitlist movement will happen? Or when interview season ends?

The last interview was conducted today. The dean told us that there will be a decision in 2 weeks from today.
Did they say anything about if the class is full or roughly how many spots are available?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

Last year they interviewed until april...and the year before that too. There was also a major hurricane that shut down the school for weeks early in the cycle. I doubt they’re done interviewing.

Last edited:
Last year they interviewed until april...and the year before that too. There was also a major hurricane that shut down the school for weeks early in the cycle. I doubt they’re done interviewing.

That's true, but they did say during the interview that they have less people giving up their seats this year so maybe that caused them to end interviews early.

I called in today they said March is their last month for interviews

Last edited:
The second deposit is due today for many accepted students. Just an FYI for those of you who are anxiously waiting on the WL.

Reactions: 2 users
The second deposit is due today for many accepted students. Just an FYI for those of you who are anxiously waiting on the WL.
Guess tomorrow will be the earliest any of us who are waitlisted will hear back then. Sent in my Letter of Intent a few days ago and got a couple emails back saying that it’d be added to my file during subsequent review, but anyways thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: 4 users
Just FYI if anyone is curious/in my situation - AP Chemistry does NOT give you credit for labs, but NSU does accept UNE Online's labs.

Wish I'd known about this prior to just now. Sucks to be in the middle of trying to relax before school but have to cram not one, but two self-paced labs in at the speed of light. This is the only school that's given me a problem about the labs, and of course, it's my favorite school, so I'm making it happen. :laugh:

Just FYI if anyone is curious/in my situation - AP Chemistry does NOT give you credit for labs, but NSU does accept UNE Online's labs.

Wish I'd known about this prior to just now. Sucks to be in the middle of trying to relax before school but have to cram not one, but two self-paced labs in at the speed of light. This is the only school that's given me a problem about the labs, and of course, it's my favorite school, so I'm making it happen. :laugh:
Eek, I'm sorry to hear about the last-minute course requirement. Good luck!!

wow. very disappointing. i’ll never understand why schools don’t just reject an applicant they were never going to interview in the first place.

Just an update. Our second deposits for accepted students were due yesterday on the 15. I can assume there was a big chunk of people who did not pay their deposit and have lost their seat. I am sure there will be more waitlist movement very soon! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
There were interviews today so idk what the above poster was saying. But if you don’t hear anything within the next week, I’d start preparing for the next cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
There were interviews today so idk what the above poster was saying. But if you don’t hear anything within the next week, I’d start preparing for the next cycle.
Who told you there were interviews today? I was specifically told by the counselors and the dean on Tuesday that we were the last interview group for the cycle.

Who told you there were interviews today? I was specifically told by the counselors and the dean on Tuesday that we were the last interview group for the cycle.
Literally saw two interview groups walking around HPD.

Yep, the MD program is interviewing till mid or end of April. I believe that their interviews are always on a Friday.
It was not because DO students were touring them. MD applicants are ushered by faculty.