You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Rutgers University - RWJMS
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi, are there any current students who could speak a bit about housing near the Piscataway campus? I know that there are two housing days, but I'm just curious and want to begin thinking about it. Are there are popular options for a studio apartment or one bedrooms? I feel like I remember students on my interview day talking about renting townhouses or something, but I was hoping to have my own space at least during first year. Thanks!
Yep, I interviewed 12/8 and was accepted on Thursday.Has anyone who interviewed 12/08 been accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed mid-September, and have not heard anything since. Any ideas, friends?
similar situation, from a friend that interviewed recently, they said more decisions to come this week! so don't lose out hope completelyI interviewed mid-September, and have not heard anything since. Any ideas, friends?
similar situation, from a friend that interviewed recently, they said more decisions to come this week! so don't lose out hope completely
Thank you! Hope we all get some good news!!
interviewed last week and just placed on “competitive hold.” is this different from the waitlist, and anyone know how good a shot there is of getting in from his hold? pretty bummed.
same but interviewed a while back, from the wording of the email our shot of getting in seems good but I don't think we'll hear back until maybe march-may when ppl start denying the offer to go elsewhereinterviewed last week and just placed on “competitive hold.” is this different from the waitlist, and anyone know how good a shot there is of getting in from his hold? pretty bummed.
Alternate email an hour ago. Interviewed mid october. Will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else!
Was placed on Alternate List as well. Appreciate RWJMS for the opportunity to withdraw, rather being rejected.
@acc169 @arredand @GoldDoc did they say you were on the alternate list or category? just trying to figure out if there are separate waitlists. thanks!
@acc169 @arredand @GoldDoc did they say you were on the alternate list or category? just trying to figure out if there are separate waitlists. thanks!
"alternate list"
@acc169 @arredand @GoldDoc did they say you were on the alternate list or category? just trying to figure out if there are separate waitlists. thanks!
At this point in time the Committee has voted to place your application on our alternate list. It has been the experience of the Admissions Office that as accepted applicants accept other positions and withdraw from our class, we may be able to offer acceptances to applicants on our alternate list. Such actions would not occur until the late spring to early summer months.
What does yours say?@acc169 @arredand @GoldDoc did they say you were on the alternate list or category? just trying to figure out if there are separate waitlists. thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Competitive hold HPWL seems to be different than alternate list from previous threads. Quoted from the letter:What does yours say?
"As noted in our Policies and Procedures, applicants in the “Competitive Hold” category will be placed in the High Priority Alternate category after the admissions season is complete in late winter. Please remain in touch with us and know that applicants in the High Priority Applicant category are quite likely to be accepted to our school as spots become available. "
Competitive hold HPWL seems to be different than alternate list from previous threads. Quoted from the letter:
"As noted in our Policies and Procedures, applicants in the “Competitive Hold” category will be placed in the High Priority Alternate category after the admissions season is complete in late winter. Please remain in touch with us and know that applicants in the High Priority Applicant category are quite likely to be accepted to our school as spots become available. "
Do you or anyone else know where this "Polices and Procedures" can be found? I haven't been able to locate it anywhere and they did not explain what a "competitive hold" is on interview day.
did anyone who interviewed 12/15 get an acceptance?
I am sorry to see your interview day went poorly. I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of the MMI.Following the interview day, I have immediately withdrawn my application. The impression given by the school was very poor. Medical school interviews are supposed to be bidirectional, in the sense that candidates are also "interviewing" the faculty members and student body and comparing the school and its community to others at which they have interviewed. The MMI format provided no time to pick the brains of the faculty members and engage in meaningful, revealing conversation; for an admissions committee who claims to be so interested in the personalities of their candidates, their format does very little to provide a comprehensive assessment. The admissions committee should seek advice from Duke on how to design an effective MMI format, as theirs is far superior. Of the 8 schools I have interviewed at, RWJMS ranks at the bottom. As a warning to other candidates, be wary of a school who judges candidates based on 6 minute long encounters and faculty members who do not attempt to engage in conversation with potential students.
I had an entirely different and quite positive experience.
Is there a FB group for admitted students?
Yeah I got a confirmation email two days after I sent my email.For accepted students who emailed back to accept their place at RWJ... did anyone get a response/confirmation email?
Hi, are there any current students who could speak a bit about housing near the Piscataway campus? I know that there are two housing days, but I'm just curious and want to begin thinking about it. Are there are popular options for a studio apartment or one bedrooms? I feel like I remember students on my interview day talking about renting townhouses or something, but I was hoping to have my own space at least during first year. Thanks!
The townhouses you heard about is probably Society Hill! A bunch of students live there. At housing day, there are usually options in a few different places including Society Hill, New Brunswick, Highland Park, etc. I'm sure there are one bedroom options but you'll have to wait for housing day for specifics! In general, rent around here isn't so bad 🙂
Is there a FB group for admitted students?
Yes there is! If you search for RWJMS Class of 2022, it should come up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Rutgers accept update letters? If so, to where?
Does Rutgers accept update letters? If so, to where?
They did from me last year! I sent mine to [email protected]
For those who interviewed here already and got accepted, can you describe your MMI experience? Were they mainly ethical scenarios or personal questions? were there actors?
Thank you in advance
Thank you in advance
Congrats, if you dont mind me asking, what dates were available?II this afternoon. 4th quarter clutch
Congrats. When were you complete? Do you mind sharing your stats??
Complete late August. LizzyM 64.
Congrats, if you dont mind me asking, what dates were available?
I was initially given March 12, but I'll be away then. February 9 and 16 were given to me as options so I'm interviewing the 9th. 🙂
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
+1 any advice would be much appreciated!Hey everyone! I have an interview here next Tuesday and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to prepare for RWJ's MMI in particular. Thank you!
+2 advice appreciated
Congrats on your II!!! For my interview, I watched sample MMIs on YouTube, those can be really helpful (search MMI in Youtube). I’d also get in some practice answering the questions - find someone who you trust to give you honest feedback (not a family member, maybe a doctor you know or something) and have them ask you some practice MMI questions. Hope that helps. Good luck!!
Is there a disadvantage to interviewing March 12? I had the option for Feb and March and am worried considering their next round of acceptances goes out “mid March”. Thanks guys!
.
Last edited:
D
deleted854547
Is there a facebook page for accepted students?
Log into Facebook | Facebook yep!Is there a facebook page for accepted students?
Was that last round of II invites the last one for the cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an II about 20 minutes ago!! LM 75 complete early SeptemberWas that last round of II invites the last one for the cycle?
Didnt know they sent out II over weekends. But congrats! Do you mind sharing what dates were availableJust got an II about 20 minutes ago!! LM 75 complete early September
Thanks! I didn't get a list of available dates, they sent me an email saying that I'll be interviewing on February 16thDidnt know they sent out II over weekends. But congrats! Do you mind sharing what dates were available
A
aloha101
Do you guys think there are any more Interview Invites left to be sent out for this cycle?
when I called last week, admissions said they had at least one last round to send out this upcoming week!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K