2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what do you mean by tri state

he/she means the NYC metropolitan area; NYC/ Southeast NY/ Long Island, Northeast NJ, and Southern Connecticut. Although I'm pretty sure they don't care about the tri-state area as more so NJ. So I doubt they'd prefer the tri-state students over NJ students if the two were to have similar stats.
 
Last edited:
I've been anonymous for a while before I made an account, but from fellow students, this website is apparently "cancer".

I had more or less the same opinion of SDN before I joined a while back. After actually spending time here though I've found that that's pretty much untrue (at least from my point of view). There are always going to be some toxic people but that's true of the internet in general. Overall though I've found some of the best advice I've gotten here and it's great for finding school specific information that might be a lot harder to come by.

Not to mention it's generally just "popular" to hate on SDN. I find most of it comes from people who haven't actually ever spent real time here or people who were being asses/hard-headed and were told what they didn't want to hear and leave feeling "attacked"; I've seen it happen a couple times.
 
For those who sent an update, was there an email confirmation? Because I didn't receive one.
 
Is it worth applyng here at all if we are from the south (GA)? Or too much instate bias?
 

Attachments

  • 3H7ROmp.gif
    3H7ROmp.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a call back! was offered interview dates 4/10 or 4/12! Was not given any info about interview day, just to expect to be there from 10-3. Follow up email with more info should be coming soon
Did you submit on the first day?
 
Got a call back! was offered interview dates 4/10 or 4/12! Was not given any info about interview day, just to expect to be there from 10-3. Follow up email with more info should be coming soon

You know you have to share some stats at this point right? MCAT, GPA etc. lol
 
You guys need to relax lol. Just because you didn't get one of the first interviews does not mean you've been passed up. And from the look of things, it seems that they're interviewing applicants in the immediate area for next week. So seriously, relax! 😉

No. It's over for me. What's the point. Get out of my face with that privileged, optimistic drivel. I'll never amount to anything.

Now leave me to my clove cigarettes and my black coffee that I don't like the taste of but drink anyway so that I can tell other people that I drink it and how basic they are for drinking a latte.
 
Last edited:
No. It's over for me. What's the point. Get out of my face with that privileged, optimistic drivel. I'll never amount to anything.

Now leave me to my clove cigarettes and my black coffee that I don't like the taste of but drink anyway so that I can tell other people that I drink it and how basic they are for drinking a latte.

That escalated quickly ...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*starts dialing buckoh24's number to extend II*

*sees 3 page update*

*slowly puts phone back down*
It really wasnt that bad cuz I formatted the last page like the AMCAS activity section so it basically just had contact info, hours, yada yada. The actual emat of the update was probably closer to 1.5 pages with 12 pt font so nothing crazy.
 
It really wasnt that bad cuz I formatted the last page like the AMCAS activity section so it basically just had contact info, hours, yada yada. The actual emat of the update was probably closer to 1.5 pages with 12 pt font so nothing crazy.
lol all these people giving you a hard time but if you have three pages of stuff worth updating after a year thats actually awesome for your application
 
lol all these people giving you a hard time but if you have three pages of stuff worth updating after a year thats actually awesome for your application
Haha I know. I ended up starting at a very productive research lab right after primaries so over half of my update is just research stuff. Now if only that was on ym primary then I probably would have gotten more love this cycle.