2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got confirmation email too.

We are currently reviewing applications and expect to begin scheduling interviews in the next couple of weeks. If you are selected for an interview, you can expect an email from the Office of Admissions.”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted on March 20th (13 days ago) and have not received the confirmation email yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone not get a confirmation? I submitted on the first day and didn’t receive an email confirmation.

Did anyone not get a confirmation? I submitted on the first day and didn’t receive an email confirmation.

I have not. I submitted on March 20th which I think was the first day.

Maybe they've already had time to review your applications and you guys will be receiving a better email later today!:p

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is the definition of med applicant neuroticism. But, instead of taking months to go through each application step, it's only taking days to weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
Also got my confirmation email today!

Now I have to be patient and hopeful and pray for II!

This thread is the definition of med applicant neuroticism. But, instead of taking months to go through each application step, it's only taking days to weeks.
In some ways the expedited schedule is preferable compared to the months long waiting. That said reading this thread suggests many applicants have self-medicated with original formulation Four Loko.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not. I submitted on March 20th which I think was the first day.
I submitted mine the first day as well but I did get the email. I doubt there is a difference between the ones who did and didn't get the email. I honestly thought it was gonna be a rejection email when I first saw it xD

I submitted mine the first day as well but I did get the email. I doubt there is a difference between the ones who did and didn't get the email. I honestly thought it was gonna be a rejection email when I first saw it xD
OMG me too!

I think I submitted mine the 2nd/3rd day. I've heard that at other schools apps can come in randomly or stratified by stats so maybe that's an explanation why? I was hoping it was an II lol but at least I know they got my app

Confirmation email this morning, really hoping for some love here!

Submitted March 22, received confirmation email today.

Applied April 1st , got a confirmation email April 2nd 10:30 am.

Still no confirmation or any other email. Thinking it means screened out at this point.

Did those who havent gotten emails have 3.5+ and 508+ ? (idk if thats what the screen would be)

Even people with MD acceptances are still applying here... It’s an exciting program!

That is very odd to me. I have no idea why anyone with an MD acceptance in hand from an already fully accredited school would apply here. Being a part of a guinea pig class isn't the best, and really for those who dont have other options (aka me)

That is very odd to me. I have no idea why anyone with an MD acceptance in hand from an already fully accredited school would apply here. Being a part of a guinea pig class isn't the best, and really for those who dont have other options (aka me)

There are several reasons, namely, desirable location (for some) and cost (3yrs and 30% scholarship would be just over 50% the cost of an equivalent private school). This school also has a unique curriculum that may fit well with someones career plans. I have 4 acceptances and would seriously consider going here over my other options if given the opportunity. I

Did those who havent gotten emails have 3.5+ and 508+ ? (idk if thats what the screen would be)
MCAT yes but GPA is a little lower. I don't think it'd be wise to speculate at this point. If you are worried, you should email/call admissions.

Last edited:
MCAT yet but GPA is a little lower. I don't think it'd be wise to speculate at this point. If you are worried, you should email/call admissions.
I already got my conformation. I was just trying to see if those who didnt had lower stats in common cuz someone mentioned them possibly screening people out.

I already got my conformation. I was just trying to see if those who didnt had lower stats in common cuz someone mentioned them possibly screening people out.
It could be a combo of things too then. If those are the artificial cutoffs then people under that and people over it who don't fit whatever other mission related criteria they're looking for could be the ones who haven't heard back yet.

On the other more likely hand, they recently opened up and are being flooded with apps so it's probably 1-2 people going through 1000+ apps right now so it'll take time

Reactions: 3 users
my confirmation email went to spam folder so look out

My confirmation email bounced! I emailed admissions and they told me the confirmation email was returned as Undeliverable. So maybe people who didn’t receive a confirmation email should contact admissions.

There are several reasons, namely, desirable location (for some) and cost (3yrs and 30% scholarship would be just over 50% the cost of an equivalent private school). This school also has a unique curriculum that may fit well with someones career plans. I have 4 acceptances and would seriously consider going here over my other options if given the opportunity. I

I agree with everything Raven18 has stated as well. The location is amazing, plus the hospital connection is another huge plus. I would definitely consider going here over some acceptances

Didn't realize 25% of the class is guaranteed to SHU undergrads....guess that leaves about 41 spots o_O
(Article in The Setonian - can't share link as a newbie)
If you can PM me the link (don't know what newbies can/can't do) I'd like to see it and Ill share it.

My confirmation email bounced! I emailed admissions and they told me the confirmation email was returned as Undeliverable. So maybe people who didn’t receive a confirmation email should contact admissions.
I’m actually more surprised they responded back that quickly

Apparently the MCAT average for interviewees at CalMedu (which started accepting apps about a month before SHU) is a 514 with a range of 508-524.

Apparently the MCAT average for interviewees at CalMedu (which started accepting apps about a month before SHU) is a 514 with a range of 508-524.
Did they say GPA avg also? I think CalMed got a lot of the Cali applicants who had no IS love and wanna stay there (much like NYC applicants may feel with SHU)

Did they say GPA avg also? I think CalMed got a lot of the Cali applicants who had no IS love and wanna stay there (much like NYC applicants may feel with SHU)
I think it was around 3.8 but I could be wrong

Well, if SHU follows those MCAT and GPA trends, then I don't stand a chance, lol.

Reactions: 7 users

Nope I couldn't find an avg GPA.

Yea but I think SHU is even more competitive given the unique 3 year curriculum, it's already an established institution, it is affiliated with a great hospital, and its location.

They only relayed that MCAT information at my interview, nothing about GPA.

But yes, CalMed has stated as a part of their mission that they want to give a home to more instate applicants who are often forced OOS so they are admittedly carrying an instate bias.

EDIT: I'm assuming Seton Hall will also be at least a bit instate/in-the-area favoring.

But yes, CalMed has stated as a part of their mission that they want to give a home to more instate applicants who are often forced OOS so they are admittedly carrying an instate bias.

Seton Hall is also leaning towards keeping NJ students in NJ, so I'd assume SHU also has an instate bias

EDIT: I'm assuming Seton Hall will also be at least a bit instate/in-the-area favoring.
Kinda like SHU. They said that they want to train people who will stay in NJ area for residency and beyond and that many NJ residents go to OOS private schools.

Seton Hall is also leaning towards keeping NJ students in NJ, so I'd assume SHU also has an instate bias

Do you think they have an in state bias in addition to having 25% of the class being SHU graduates?

Do you think they have an in state bias in addition to having 25% of the class being SHU graduates?

Yes, I think just generally they'd prefer having in state students, or tri state students