You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Finally got a confirmation email from SHU that they got my app. Looks like ~10 days is the turnaround time for processing apps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone not get a confirmation? I submitted on the first day and didn’t receive an email confirmation.
Did anyone not get a confirmation? I submitted on the first day and didn’t receive an email confirmation.
I have not. I submitted on March 20th which I think was the first day.
+1I have not. I submitted on March 20th which I think was the first day.
Did anyone not get a confirmation? I submitted on the first day and didn’t receive an email confirmation.
Maybe they've already had time to review your applications and you guys will be receiving a better email later today!😛
Just received a confirmation email about an hour ago!!Finally got a confirmation email from SHU that they got my app. Looks like ~10 days is the turnaround time for processing apps
D
deleted870424
This thread is the definition of med applicant neuroticism. But, instead of taking months to go through each application step, it's only taking days to weeks.
Also got my confirmation email today!
Now I have to be patient and hopeful and pray for II!
Now I have to be patient and hopeful and pray for II!
In some ways the expedited schedule is preferable compared to the months long waiting. That said reading this thread suggests many applicants have self-medicated with original formulation Four Loko.This thread is the definition of med applicant neuroticism. But, instead of taking months to go through each application step, it's only taking days to weeks.
I submitted mine the first day as well but I did get the email. I doubt there is a difference between the ones who did and didn't get the email. I honestly thought it was gonna be a rejection email when I first saw it xDI have not. I submitted on March 20th which I think was the first day.
OMG me too!I submitted mine the first day as well but I did get the email. I doubt there is a difference between the ones who did and didn't get the email. I honestly thought it was gonna be a rejection email when I first saw it xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
I submitted mine the first day as well but I did get the email. I doubt there is a difference between the ones who did and didn't get the email. I honestly thought it was gonna be a rejection email when I first saw it xD
I think I submitted mine the 2nd/3rd day. I've heard that at other schools apps can come in randomly or stratified by stats so maybe that's an explanation why? I was hoping it was an II lol but at least I know they got my app
9
916146
Confirmation email this morning, really hoping for some love here!
Submitted March 22, received confirmation email today.
D
deleted906520
Submitted March 22, received confirmation email today.
You are accepted to med school and you applied!? Smh
You are accepted to med school and you applied!? Smh
accepted to a DO program.
You are accepted to med school and you applied!? Smh
You really think I'm the only one with a DO acceptance who applied here? 🙄
Even people with MD acceptances are still applying here... It’s an exciting program!You really think I'm the only one with a DO acceptance who applied here? 🙄
Even people with MD acceptances are still applying here... It’s an exciting program!
That is very odd to me. I have no idea why anyone with an MD acceptance in hand from an already fully accredited school would apply here. Being a part of a guinea pig class isn't the best, and really for those who dont have other options (aka me)
Did those who havent gotten emails have 3.5+ and 508+ ? (idk if thats what the screen would be)
Yes I do.
I do, but have not received an emailDid those who havent gotten emails have 3.5+ and 508+ ? (idk if thats what the screen would be)
That is very odd to me. I have no idea why anyone with an MD acceptance in hand from an already fully accredited school would apply here. Being a part of a guinea pig class isn't the best, and really for those who dont have other options (aka me)
There are several reasons, namely, desirable location (for some) and cost (3yrs and 30% scholarship would be just over 50% the cost of an equivalent private school). This school also has a unique curriculum that may fit well with someones career plans. I have 4 acceptances and would seriously consider going here over my other options if given the opportunity. I
MCAT yes but GPA is a little lower. I don't think it'd be wise to speculate at this point. If you are worried, you should email/call admissions.Did those who havent gotten emails have 3.5+ and 508+ ? (idk if thats what the screen would be)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already got my conformation. I was just trying to see if those who didnt had lower stats in common cuz someone mentioned them possibly screening people out.MCAT yet but GPA is a little lower. I don't think it'd be wise to speculate at this point. If you are worried, you should email/call admissions.
D
deleted787552
It could be a combo of things too then. If those are the artificial cutoffs then people under that and people over it who don't fit whatever other mission related criteria they're looking for could be the ones who haven't heard back yet.I already got my conformation. I was just trying to see if those who didnt had lower stats in common cuz someone mentioned them possibly screening people out.
On the other more likely hand, they recently opened up and are being flooded with apps so it's probably 1-2 people going through 1000+ apps right now so it'll take time
my confirmation email went to spam folder so look out
Oh wait I just found mine lolmy confirmation email went to spam folder so look out
There are several reasons, namely, desirable location (for some) and cost (3yrs and 30% scholarship would be just over 50% the cost of an equivalent private school). This school also has a unique curriculum that may fit well with someones career plans. I have 4 acceptances and would seriously consider going here over my other options if given the opportunity. I
I agree with everything Raven18 has stated as well. The location is amazing, plus the hospital connection is another huge plus. I would definitely consider going here over some acceptances
If you can PM me the link (don't know what newbies can/can't do) I'd like to see it and Ill share it.Didn't realize 25% of the class is guaranteed to SHU undergrads....guess that leaves about 41 spots 😵
(Article in The Setonian - can't share link as a newbie)
D
deleted787552
I’m actually more surprised they responded back that quicklyMy confirmation email bounced! I emailed admissions and they told me the confirmation email was returned as Undeliverable. So maybe people who didn’t receive a confirmation email should contact admissions.
If you can PM me the link (don't know what newbies can/can't do) I'd like to see it and Ill share it.
Post 452 beat you to it.
Did they say GPA avg also? I think CalMed got a lot of the Cali applicants who had no IS love and wanna stay there (much like NYC applicants may feel with SHU)Apparently the MCAT average for interviewees at CalMedu (which started accepting apps about a month before SHU) is a 514 with a range of 508-524.
D
deleted787552
I think it was around 3.8 but I could be wrongDid they say GPA avg also? I think CalMed got a lot of the Cali applicants who had no IS love and wanna stay there (much like NYC applicants may feel with SHU)
Did they say GPA avg also? I think CalMed got a lot of the Cali applicants who had no IS love and wanna stay there (much like NYC applicants may feel with SHU)
Nope I couldn't find an avg GPA.
Yea but I think SHU is even more competitive given the unique 3 year curriculum, it's already an established institution, it is affiliated with a great hospital, and its location.
Welp lets hope its lower cuz I like this school but dont have those stats sooooI think it was around 3.8 but I could be wrong
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they say GPA avg also? I think CalMed got a lot of the Cali applicants who had no IS love and wanna stay there (much like NYC applicants may feel with SHU)
They only relayed that MCAT information at my interview, nothing about GPA.
But yes, CalMed has stated as a part of their mission that they want to give a home to more instate applicants who are often forced OOS so they are admittedly carrying an instate bias.
EDIT: I'm assuming Seton Hall will also be at least a bit instate/in-the-area favoring.
They only relayed that MCAT information at my interview, nothing about GPA.
But yes, CalMed has stated as a part of their mission that they want to give a home to more instate applicants who are often forced OOS so they are admittedly carrying an instate bias.
Seton Hall is also leaning towards keeping NJ students in NJ, so I'd assume SHU also has an instate bias
Kinda like SHU. They said that they want to train people who will stay in NJ area for residency and beyond and that many NJ residents go to OOS private schools.They only relayed that MCAT information at my interview, nothing about GPA.
But yes, CalMed has stated as a part of their mission that they want to give a home to more instate applicants who are often forced OOS so they are admittedly carrying an instate bias.
EDIT: I'm assuming Seton Hall will also be at least a bit instate/in-the-area favoring.
Seton Hall is also leaning towards keeping NJ students in NJ, so I'd assume SHU also has an instate bias
Do you think they have an in state bias in addition to having 25% of the class being SHU graduates?
Do you think they have an in state bias in addition to having 25% of the class being SHU graduates?
Yes, I think just generally they'd prefer having in state students, or tri state students