-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When did you submit?Blessed with an II at 11 AM today for late May!!!![]()
Congrats!!Blessed with an II at 11 AM today for late May!!!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else not heard back? Applied the first day app opened and silence since.
Still havent and sent on the first day plus an update the first day that opened tooAnyone else not heard back? Applied the first day app opened and silence since.
When did you submit?
Thanks! And I submitted second day it opened and didn’t submit any updates.
only 36???Officially 36 interview slots still available.
D
deleted787552
Welp there go my chances. I'm out of faith juice to put in for this schoolonly 36???
whats the average mcat/ gpa of the people who are getting II and acceptances?
Blessed with an II at 11 AM today for late May!!!![]()
II around noon for late may as well
I got a call from seton hall today but couldn’t answer it. Do they send a follow up email or am I SOL lol
Edit: I don’t have a voicemail set up.....
OOS?
OOS?
OOS, 516 and 3.7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!
Now 33... 1 opening for May 24th and both June 5th and 7th are still empty. (16 each)only 36???
Dang. Didnt think they would fill the 300 interviews so fast!Now 33... 1 opening for May 24th and both June 5th and 7th are still empty. (16 each)
Dang. Didnt think they would fill the 300 interviews so fast!
There's less than 300 interviews. There's only about 16 interview days. 15 per day.
Closer to 225-240
It was fun while it lasted, best of luck to everyone!
248 to be exact (first two interview days had 12 each).There's less than 300 interviews. There's only about 16 interview days. 15 per day.
Closer to 225-240
Hey people who got the acceptance letter, when you replied, did you just get a "Welcome to the School of Medicine" email in return? I asked a couple questions in my response regarding financial aid, and all that was in the reply was "Hi Squeaks, Welcome to the School of Medicine"
I'm dying over here about financial aid, good thing this is my only acceptance at the moment, lol.
Edit: And I have a Dr's appt in a couple days to get the physical out of the way and take care of any vaccinations needed. Anyone know what all vaccines are required for this school?
Has anyone been accepted here that is giving up an acceptance at another school? Just out of curiosity
Schools do have some different requirements but I would bet you are safe with following the guidelines here248 to be exact (first two interview days had 12 each).
Hey people who got the acceptance letter, when you replied, did you just get a "Welcome to the School of Medicine" email in return? I asked a couple questions in my response regarding financial aid, and all that was in the reply was "Hi Squeaks, Welcome to the School of Medicine"
I'm dying over here about financial aid, good thing this is my only acceptance at the moment, lol.
Edit: And I have a Dr's appt in a couple days to get the physical out of the way and take care of any vaccinations needed. Anyone know what all vaccines are required for this school?
https://www.aamc.org/download/440110/data/immunizationform.pdf
AAMC Standardized Immunization Form - Committee on Student Records (COSR) - Leadership - Group on Student Affairs (GSA) - Member Center - AAMC
Great, thanks!Schools do have some different requirements but I would bet you are safe with following the guidelines here
https://www.aamc.org/download/440110/data/immunizationform.pdf
AAMC Standardized Immunization Form - Committee on Student Records (COSR) - Leadership - Group on Student Affairs (GSA) - Member Center - AAMC
D
Dr Hufflepup
HEY!!! There are still a lot of people who applied on day 1 getting II calls. This is hard, no doubt, but hang in there buddy!!! Hope you get that call yourself!It was fun while it lasted, best of luck to everyone!
IS MCAT 511 GPA 3.9OOS?
248 interviews for 55 spots....not bad odds
Especially considering some accepted students will get off the waitlist for more prestigious schools and attend.
Especially considering some accepted students will get off the waitlist for more prestigious schools and attend.
A
aloha101
Are IIs for late May done?
How long did it take to get the official acceptance email after the call? I got the call that I was accepted Friday morning and still haven't received the email. Asking because I was just given a deadline of tomorrow to accept my apartment at the other med school I was planning to attend. I'd like to have an official acceptance here before declining the apartment at the other school.
For me I got mine the Thursday after getting a call on FridayHow long did it take to get the official acceptance email after the call? I got the call that I was accepted Friday morning and still haven't received the email. Asking because I was just given a deadline of tomorrow to accept my apartment at the other med school I was planning to attend. I'd like to have an official acceptance here before declining the apartment at the other school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will be withdrawing my spot. Got accepted at one of my top schools! Hope one of you gets it!
Congratulations to all who’ve been accepted. This was my first time applying and not so lucky yet, but full force ahead for the new cycle. Anyways, in general, do people consider Emergency Medicine residency to be competitive or so not so much ? Thanks for the feedback
Congratulations and thank you!Will be withdrawing my spot. Got accepted at one of my top schools! Hope one of you gets it!
Can anyone shed light on how the merit scholarship process will work? All I can find on their scholarships page is that it says "You must apply in order to receive a scholarship. We will list the instructions to apply on this website on or around April 25th", but there are no listed instructions that I can find? I am curious if scholarship information will be made available prior to having to commit to Seton Hall and give up another acceptance.
Hey fellow SDNers, I'm looking to submit some new LOR's here and was wondering if anyone knew where they should be sent? I tried calling and emailing with no response so figured someone may have already had success in doing so. Thanks so much! Best of luck to everyone!
I would have letter writers upload any new LORs to AMCAS. The "Application Update" section on the admissions website doesn't seem like the best place to do it, and aside from directly emailing the admissions office, that appears to be the only way to send something to them.Hey fellow SDNers, I'm looking to submit some new LOR's here and was wondering if anyone knew where they should be sent? I tried calling and emailing with no response so figured someone may have already had success in doing so. Thanks so much! Best of luck to everyone!
Thank you! Really appreciate the help 🙂I would have letter writers upload any new LORs to AMCAS. The "Application Update" section on the admissions website doesn't seem like the best place to do it, and aside from directly emailing the admissions office, that appears to be the only way to send something to them.
From what I remember, we are required to be present at the class almost every day of the week for the group/team based case studies as well as labs and clinical skills. I think I saw the entire Wednesday dedicated to the Human Dimension following families program but I am not entirely positive about that. Also, several evenings were just filled in with self-study time, so you can probably leave around lunch on most days.does anyone who interviewed there know if there are mandatory sessions/classes every day? like will students need to be on campus every day of the week, 9-5? i just want to get a rough idea of the schedule
I have no reference for this as I do not have the interview folder with me right now nor am I sure if the schematic of the weekly schedule was even provided.
so you think from what you remmeber its mostly mornings except for a full day a week?From what I remember, we are required to be present at the class almost every day of the week for the group/team based case studies as well as labs and clinical skills. I think I saw the entire Wednesday dedicated to the Human Dimension following families program but I am not entirely positive about that. Also, several evenings were just filled in with self-study time, so you can probably leave around lunch on most days.
I have no reference for this as I do not have the interview folder with me right now nor am I sure if the schematic of the weekly schedule was even provided.
Something very similar to that I'd say.so you think from what you remmeber its mostly mornings except for a full day a week?
Yeah, they said it would vary depending on the day and topic, you might be done between 12-3 during the week. A lot of the Human Dimension doesn’t need to be completed on campus. It might involve making calls to your families or meeting up with them off campus.so you think from what you remmeber its mostly mornings except for a full day a week?
D
deleted787552
AHHHHH! Just got an II from here! They have interview dates open from 5/8-5/24. LizzyM 71ish OOS (not even in the region). Submitted I think day 3 and sent an update 10 days later
I didn't get a phone call just an email. Is there anything else I should be doing?
EDIT- They sent me a follow up email. Apparently they had called me a few weeks ago but my voicemail wasn't set up so set your voicemails people!!
I didn't get a phone call just an email. Is there anything else I should be doing?
EDIT- They sent me a follow up email. Apparently they had called me a few weeks ago but my voicemail wasn't set up so set your voicemails people!!
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed heard a timeline on when we would hear back? I have an interview in a few weeks and I'm getting antsy
Has anyone who interviewed heard a timeline on when we would hear back? I have an interview in a few weeks and I'm getting antsy
For the first two interview groups, calls were made on Friday of the week following the interview.
Last edited:
They told me 7-10 days! 🙂
