2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the alternate list today, IS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the alternate list today, IS.
what were your stats if you dont mind me asking? I am currently on the waitlist at tech and I am desperate to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if TTU takes letters of intent/interest for those on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
I’m dropping my IS acceptance here today. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone from last year have any tips for me that got in OOS from Texas? Really hoping to have a good PS if anyone is willing to look mine over. Wish everyone form 2017-18 the best of luck. Thanks!

I will be withdrawing my position today. (IS)

Good luck everyone!

Any waitlist acceptances here recently? I've seen several people drop their spot here.

Reactions: 2 users
Any waitlist acceptances here recently? I've seen several people drop their spot here.
Was just accepted off the waitlist. 5 days to decide is kind of nerve-wracking, as I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools too.

Does anyone from last year have any tips for me that got in OOS from Texas? Really hoping to have a good PS if anyone is willing to look mine over. Wish everyone form 2017-18 the best of luck. Thanks!
I was the only one in my cohort that was OOS, and they were pretty straight up during one of the seminars that you're heavily disadvantaged due to funding restrictions... But hey, it somehow worked out for me. I'm certain the interview played a crucial role, I made a really good impression with the medical student I interviewed with (my faculty interview went well, but I wouldn't call it stellar).

Was just accepted off the waitlist. 5 days to decide is kind of nerve-wracking, as I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools too.

I was the only one in my cohort that was OOS, and they were pretty straight up during one of the seminars that you're heavily disadvantaged due to funding restrictions... But hey, it somehow worked out for me. I'm certain the interview played a crucial role, I made a really good impression with the medical student I interviewed with (my faculty interview went well, but I wouldn't call it stellar).
Congrats! Did you get a phone call or email? Also what are your stats?

Congrats! Did you get a phone call or email? Also what are your stats?
Thanks! It was by email. I'm not really comfortable saying my exact stats, but I will say that my GPA would probably be considered slightly below average and my MCAT score was very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! It was by email. I'm not really comfortable saying my exact stats, but I will say that my GPA would probably be considered slightly below average and my MCAT score was very good.
No worries, thanks dude. Good luck making your decision!!

OOS applicant here, just got accepted off the waitlist via email

OOS applicant here, just got accepted off the waitlist via email

congrats! they're dealing with OOS waitlists before they start the IS waitlist movement. buckle up guys!

It’s refreshing to see WL movement! It’s my understanding that last year there was very little.

It’s refreshing to see WL movement! It’s my understanding that last year there was very little.

they overfilled the class last year, this year they didn’t. should be a decent amt of movement from what I know

Just accepted to both MD and MD/PhD. More than excited.... For those that will ask GPA 3.61 (physics major), MCAT 514, 2 yrs research, and 1 publication.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from here, hope it goes to one of you wonderful people!

Just withdrew my acceptance from here, hope it goes to one of you wonderful people!

OOS acceptance this morning! I believe I got your slot, Grimwrapper! Thanks! For anyone interested: LM 70, Reapplicant and on TTUs WL last year. Excited this is all happening!

Is it just me, or has there been almost no IS waitlist movement?

They’re gonna sort out OOS waitlist spots and then move on to IS waitlist spots. That’s what a little birdie told me.

No news here! I’m moving with my wife and kids to Utah next week for med school up there unless I hear back from Tech. I hope they accept some IS soon! I still will move back if I get accepted, but that’s such a hassle!!
Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23183053d5877bc8_w.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
So if we are OOS on the waitlist it's probably safe to say at this point that we aren't getting in since they seem to be moving on to IS waitlist? Just trying to plan for the coming months!

Accepted off the waitlist this morning!
IS, Lizzy M: 70.6

Yes, it was my first acceptance.
512 MCAT, 3.89 GPA
Edit: Thank you!

Just got accepted via phone. They're moving down the list quickly it sounds so make sure you're checking your phone!

I broke my phone this week and am waiting for a new one, can I call them from another number to double check? Will they leave a voicemail?

hi guys, I just realized the TMDSAS says "After 5:00 pm CT on June 1, no medical school in Texas may offer a position to an applicant already accepted by another medical school in Texas." Does that mean, TTU will no longer consider me after June 1st bc I was accepted at TCOM? Thanks.