-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Texas Tech Lubbock
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
earthair02
Full Member
prematch! interviewed 10/27
All I see is “Institutional Action” reading “IA” 😂IA but silence
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted931444
Congrats! May I pls ask for stats? LM or whatever you are willing to share. Thanks so much!prematch! interviewed 10/27
earthair02
Full Member
ty! sure, LM 83. i just didn’t want to stress anyone out bc i don’t think lubbock cared that much! they were way more interested in my storyCongrats! May I pls ask for stats? LM or whatever you are willing to share. Thanks so much!
D
deleted931444
Thank you!! Gorgeous LM score! Congrats again!!!😃ty! sure, LM 83. i just didn’t want to stress anyone out bc i don’t think lubbock cared that much! they were way more interested in my story
service_minded
Full Member
What is the typical schedule on a preview day ? There are no flight back to Austin after 2:30 pm from Lubbock.
Last edited:
G-easypeasy
Full Member
Mine was over right at 12What is the typical schedule on a preview day ? There is no flight back to Austin after 2:30 pm from Lubbock.
bluebluepink
Full Member
just interviewed here, school was super friendly and the interview went really smoothly. (I was really stressed out initially). I got really good feedback from both interviewers. Good luck to everyone!
I keep getting an email that just says “Texas Tech Store” and seeing “Texas Tech S” just makes my heart drop
Thirst is deeper than ever for a hopeful interview 🥵
Thirst is deeper than ever for a hopeful interview 🥵
I keep getting an email that just says “Texas Tech Store” and seeing “Texas Tech S” just makes my heart drop
Thirst is deeper than ever for a hopeful interview [emoji3062]
I think there’s still some time, but my hope begins to dwindle day after day.
Prematch email!! Interviewed Nov 1 ☺️
D
deleted931444
Congrats! That must feel awesome! Mind sharing stats, LM, something ? 🙂 Thanks so much, and congrats again!Prematch email!! Interviewed Nov 1 ☺️
Prematched this morning as well! Interviewed 11/17 LM 75. I was starting to lose hope on getting a prematch but now I know I'm going to be a doctor 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM 65! Super duper excited, thank you so much!Congrats! That must feel awesome! Mind sharing stats, LM, something ? 🙂 Thanks so much, and congrats again!
Congrats!IS ii!!!! LM 64, complete 7/11, West Texas ties. I think I can die happy now. So happy to be given a chance! [emoji16]
LETS GOOOOOO!!!!IS ii!!!! LM 64, complete 7/11, West Texas ties. I think I can die happy now. So happy to be given a chance! [emoji16]
Congrats!
Thanks guys, I really appreciate y'all's optimism through this process! Very excited and nervous!LETS GOOOOOO!!!!
D
deleted1122679
Congrats, I’ve been noticing you in this thread. That’s awesome go kill it! Happy it worked outIS ii!!!! LM 64, complete 7/11, West Texas ties. I think I can die happy now. So happy to be given a chance! [emoji16]
IS ii!!!!!!! LM 69.1 complete 9/20. Lots of West Texas ties
I’m shaking
I’m shaking
YOU TOO?? LOOK AT YALL GO!!! WOOHOOOIS ii!!!!!!! LM 69.1 complete 9/20. Lots of West Texas ties
I’m shaking
Thank you thank you!!Congrats, I’ve been noticing you in this thread. That’s awesome go kill it! Happy it worked out
Congrats y'all!!! y'all deserve it!!
Last edited:
villain-cold
Full Member
Will they send any more II. I was complete mid October and haven’t gotten one yet
D
deleted1146726
According to this linked post from @wysdoc, there was one on 01/10/23, so more may be sent for this cycle in early 2024.Will they send any more II. I was complete mid October and haven’t gotten one yet
2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock
any chance of still receiving a II from Lubbock? this is my top choice and have not heard anything yet :/
You may also find this helpful.
Texas Tech - Lubbock
CycleTrack is a free system for tracking and visualizing medical school applications while crowdsourcing data to make admissions more transparent.
bluebluepink
Full Member
interviewed a month ago and I haven’t heard back. I really want to go to this school. Should I send a letter of intent?
D
deleted1122679
If they accept them and there is no chance you would rank any other school that may interview you in the future higher seems to be the consensus.interviewed a month ago and I haven’t heard back. I really want to go to this school. Should I send a letter of intent?
bluebluepink
Full Member
Thank you! Now does anyone know if they accept LOI or should I email them 😂If they accept them and there is no chance you would rank any other school that may interview you in the future higher seems to be the consensus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes write to them to reaffirm your strong interestThank you! Now does anyone know if they accept LOI or should I email them 😂
bluebluepink
Full Member
Thank you so much! You have been so kind and helpful 🙂Yes write to them to reaffirm your strong interest
The student social was awesome. Makes me even more excited for the interview day tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone. You guys are going to absolutely kill it 🙏🏻😈
Good luck to everyone. You guys are going to absolutely kill it 🙏🏻😈
therealteenagewitch
New Member
Would it be wise to send a LOI now even though I recently sent interview thank yous?
Would you write something different than you did in your thank-you note?Would it be wise to send a LOI now even though I recently sent interview thank yous?
If not, use your rank list as your statement of intent.
What is % of prematch vs. match?
D
deleted1146726
I don't think the school releases this information publicly. I am a current student and know that at least 50 people received pre-match offers (based on attendance at a function for my class that had been held before Match Day). The Dean of Admissions says that only a "small minority" of students get pre-match offers. There is a TON of movement on Match Day, so definitely keep your hopes up if you've had an interview and want to attend here.What is % of prematch vs. match?
1 out of 7 who eventually matriculate prematch, and 6 out of 7 do not.What is % of prematch vs. match?
This is an overall TMDSAS statistic so please don’t ask this question on each school’s thread
hi yall, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the MD/MPH application - I prematched for MD in October (🥳) and got another email a few weeks ago with an acceptance to the MD/MPH program where I was told to fill out a separate application for the MPH admission. from what I saw online, it looks like there's a deadline to submit the MPH app in April 2024, but i was wondering if any of yall knew exactly how this timeline works or if admission into the MPH program is essentially guaranteed provided the app is submitted before the deadline. especially since i will be ranking other schools that i have not prematched to above TTU, i just wanna know if it would be fine to wait until after match day (or at least until i have a clearer idea of where i'll be ending up) to finish the MPH app. any input would be appreciated!
Waiting until after Match Day sounds reasonable, and if you land at Lubbock you have plenty of time to apply to the MPHhi yall, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the MD/MPH application - I prematched for MD in October (🥳) and got another email a few weeks ago with an acceptance to the MD/MPH program where I was told to fill out a separate application for the MPH admission. from what I saw online, it looks like there's a deadline to submit the MPH app in April 2024, but i was wondering if any of yall knew exactly how this timeline works or if admission into the MPH program is essentially guaranteed provided the app is submitted before the deadline. especially since i will be ranking other schools that i have not prematched to above TTU, i just wanna know if it would be fine to wait until after match day (or at least until i have a clearer idea of where i'll be ending up) to finish the MPH app. any input would be appreciated!
MPH is an automatic for anyone who is admitted to MD. Lot of people enroll after enrolling in MD too.hi yall, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the MD/MPH application - I prematched for MD in October (🥳) and got another email a few weeks ago with an acceptance to the MD/MPH program where I was told to fill out a separate application for the MPH admission. from what I saw online, it looks like there's a deadline to submit the MPH app in April 2024, but i was wondering if any of yall knew exactly how this timeline works or if admission into the MPH program is essentially guaranteed provided the app is submitted before the deadline. especially since i will be ranking other schools that i have not prematched to above TTU, i just wanna know if it would be fine to wait until after match day (or at least until i have a clearer idea of where i'll be ending up) to finish the MPH app. any input would be appreciated!
Happy New Year to everyone!!!
I know it’s been asked but does a letter of intent actually have an impact on how they rank you for the match? Or is it mostly for your own sanity?
Can’t decide if it is worth it to send one. Going to rank them #1 either way
I know it’s been asked but does a letter of intent actually have an impact on how they rank you for the match? Or is it mostly for your own sanity?
Can’t decide if it is worth it to send one. Going to rank them #1 either way
I talked to a dean about it and he STRONGLY implied your rank is set after the interview and that a letter of intent and updates weren’t going to move itHappy New Year to everyone!!!
I know it’s been asked but does a letter of intent actually have an impact on how they rank you for the match? Or is it mostly for your own sanity?
Can’t decide if it is worth it to send one. Going to rank them #1 either way
Thank you!! 🐐I talked to a dean about it and he STRONGLY implied your rank is set after the interview and that a letter of intent and updates weren’t going to move it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry I thought this was the main Texas thread. The dean wasn’t affiliated with tech but it seems like most have the same policyThank you!! 🐐
Congrats! When were you completed by?received an interview today! your sign to not let other discourage you from applying to anything (even if its late) 🙂
november 14th!Congrats! When were you completed by?