2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally decided to make an account after months of lurking. Submitted late May, update sent early December, II 3 days later, Interview 2 days later. OOS, LM 75. Hoping to get some good news from here soon! #GunsUp #Wreck'Em #MahomesForPresident
OOS traditionally get accepted very early (October/November) or late (~April/May). Congrats on the interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So far, only one OOS on this thread and they were for the FMSTAT program so I’m not sure if any normal MD program applicants who are OOS have been accepted (interviewed mid October and haven’t heard anything)

I was told TTUHSC Lubbock's adcom is meeting tomorrow a final time before match day -- Is it pretty standard for admissions to meet after applicant match rankings submissions and before match day? Wondering if this is their allocated time to go over their later candidates, especially because I was told I wasn't considered for pre-match due to my interview date. Next Friday can't get here fast enough

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told TTUHSC Lubbock's adcom is meeting tomorrow a final time before match day -- Is it pretty standard for admissions to meet after applicant match rankings submissions and before match day? Wondering if this is their allocated time to go over their later candidates, especially because I was told I wasn't considered for pre-match due to my interview date
They can’t see where y’all ranked your schools, but they still have to come up with their list of students they would like to have in their class. They know who they have offered a spot via prematch and JAMP, but need to add more to fill out the class number. They will probably even get a list of extra students to draw from if they need to use their Wait List.

They can’t see where y’all ranked your schools, but they still have to come up with their list of students they would like to have in their class. They know who they have offered a spot via prematch and JAMP, but need to add more to fill out the class number. They will probably even get a list of extra students to draw from if they need to use their Wait List.
Is the school version of applicant ranking sequential (like 1-900 for interviewed candidates) or grading scale or some other form? Must be quite difficult to put together their lists for so many interviewees

Is the school version of applicant ranking sequential (like 1-900 for interviewed candidates) or grading scale or some other form? Must be quite difficult to put together their lists for so many interviewees
It's the former. That's the only way a match system can work.

Reactions: 1 users
maybe they use the grading system to rank the applicants?
Whatever system they use, at the end of the day they have to submit a numerical ranking of interviewed applicants to TMDSAS.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if TTU Lubbock has a ranked or unranked alternate list? If it's unranked, how do they choose candidates off of it?

Anyone know if TTU Lubbock has a ranked or unranked alternate list? If it's unranked, how do they choose candidates off of it?
This happens after the match is complete and they know how the class profile looks. Most schools in Texas use an unranked alternate list because they want to ensure their class looks diverse enough and they fill spots with someone equivalent that they have lost.

Can anyone explain the differences in the provided statistics in MSAR for MCAT and GPA? They give two metrics for the current first year class, one being all accepted students, and then all matriculated students. Which set of statistics are more accurate to view when trying to align your own scores with the school's? Does the "all accepted applicants" category of stats include pre-matches and those that matched with the school on match day but did not attend? I can't make out which set of students they use to calculate the first category (assuming the second is the stats of the ≈180 student class from last August)

Specifically for TTUHSC Lubbock (directly from MSAR),

MCAT:
"all accepted applicants - this school": Median 512 | 10th-90th% 504-522 | 25th-75th% 507-517
"all matriculated students - this school": Median 508 | 10th-90th% 503-516 | 25th-75th% 505-513

cGPA:
"all accepted applicants - this school": Median 3.9 | 10th-90th% 3.49-4.0 | 25th-75th% 3.71-3.99
"all matriculated students - this school": Median 3.79 | 10th-90th% 3.32-3.99 | 25th-75th% 3.57-3.94

sGPA:
"all accepted applicants - this school": Median 3.88 | 10th-90th% 3.36-4.0 | 25th-75th% 3.66-3.99
"all matriculated students - this school": Median 3.77 | 10th-90th% 3.15-4.0 | 25th-75th% 3.5-3.93

Can anyone explain the differences in the provided statistics in MSAR for MCAT and GPA? They give two metrics for the current first year class, one being all accepted students, and then all matriculated students. Which set of statistics are more accurate to view when trying to align your own scores with the school's? Does the "all accepted applicants" category of stats include pre-matches and those that matched with the school on match day but did not attend? I can't make out which set of students they use to calculate the first category (assuming the second is the stats of the ≈180 student class from last August)

Specifically for TTUHSC Lubbock (directly from MSAR),

MCAT:
"all accepted applicants - this school": Median 512 | 10th-90th% 504-522 | 25th-75th% 507-517
"all matriculated students - this school": Median 508 | 10th-90th% 503-516 | 25th-75th% 505-513

cGPA:
"all accepted applicants - this school": Median 3.9 | 10th-90th% 3.49-4.0 | 25th-75th% 3.71-3.99
"all matriculated students - this school": Median 3.79 | 10th-90th% 3.32-3.99 | 25th-75th% 3.57-3.94

sGPA:
"all accepted applicants - this school": Median 3.88 | 10th-90th% 3.36-4.0 | 25th-75th% 3.66-3.99
"all matriculated students - this school": Median 3.77 | 10th-90th% 3.15-4.0 | 25th-75th% 3.5-3.93
Accepted will include all prematches, matches, and waitlist offers. Matriculated will be all who actually enroll. Matriculated info will be a better way to look at the data.

I forgot to ask in the last post -- are the GPA stats for Texas schools on MSAR the TMDSAS given recalculated GPA or your raw college letter grade weighted GPA numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
For example, someone with a 520 and 4.0 that prematches to TTU and Baylor, but matches to Baylor in the end will still be factored in the accepted student data for TTU. They will not be factored in the matriculated data though, since they do not actually attend TTU. This is the reason for many programs the accepted averages are higher than the matriculated averages.

Reactions: 2 users
I forgot to ask in the last post -- are the GPA stats for Texas schools on MSAR the TMDSAS given recalculated GPA or your raw college letter grade weighted GPA numbers?
Also, I have heard that TTUHSC really likes their own--so like graduates/grad students and people from west Texas get tons of love from TTUHSC. So you if you fall under one of those categories you definitely have some things leaning in your favor

Also, I have heard that TTUHSC really likes their own--so like graduates/grad students and people from west Texas get tons of love from TTUHSC. So you if you fall under one of those categories you definitely have some things leaning in your favor
Unfortunately don't have any ties to TTU or West Texas 😅 but still hoping for a miracle

• Care
when TMDSAS calculates your GPA they leave off all the + and - parts of your grade.
so a B-, a B+, and a B are all worth 3.0 points
The GPA is unweighted

when TMDSAS calculates your GPA they leave off all the + and - parts of your grade.
so a B-, a B+, and a B are all worth 3.0 points
The GPA is unweighted
Just to make sure I understand correctly, for Texas schools specifically on MSAR, the GPA numbers are unweighted (TMDSAS recalculation). For all other schools, they're weighted (+/-). Is that right?

Just to make sure I understand correctly, for Texas schools specifically on MSAR, the GPA numbers are unweighted (TMDSAS recalculation). For all other schools, they're weighted (+/-). Is that right?
yes, that is why some people can have higher AMCAS GPA's than their TMDSAS GPA

I wouldn't call including + and - "weighted".
Weighted is some (bogus in my opinion) thing that high schools do with your grades, saying that an A in an Honors class is with 5.0, not 4.0

Accepted will include all prematches, matches, and waitlist offers. Matriculated will be all who actually enroll. Matriculated info will be a better way to look at the data.
For an applicant accepted is better data since it would reflect those being interviewed and accepted.

Most schools are aspiring to move up their statistics which results in higher rankings.

For higher preferred schools, the accepted and matriculated stat numbers are very close. As go further down in the pecking order, the difference becomes a little more pronounced like 512 vs 508. What it actually means the ones who scored 512 or higher went to other places in Texas.

+1 for the pre-II R lol. After I already withdrew months ago 😅

I was still holding out for that pre-II A :(

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I called the admissions office earlier to see what time their acceptance emails would be coming out. Just updating here -- they said they'd start sending them out at 8 am along match results and seemed to indicate they may continue sending into the day

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Does TMDSAS send transcript request to everyone midnight the day of match?

Every year TMDSAS picks a small number of applicants to prank at midnight of match day, knowing it will fill well cause them to receive absolutely no sleep that might.

Every year TMDSAS picks a small number of applicants to prank at midnight of match day, knowing it will fill well cause them to receive absolutely no sleep that might.
“TMDSAS will only send a request to dental and medical applicants who have been accepted and veterinary students who have been interviewed”

“TMDSAS will only send a request to dental and medical applicants who have been accepted and veterinary students who have been interviewed”

Unfortunately, this has happened in the past. Luckily only about half an hour until we know for certain!

Matched!! Congrats to everyone else who did as well, excited to meet you guys!!

Stats:
511 MCAT
3.97 cGPA
3.96 sGPA
4th Q Casper
II: 01/27
ORM

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
To anyone that didn't match today to TTU Lubbock where it was your highest ranked school, this is a friendly reminder that they pick about 50 students for the waitlist and select approx 20 off of it (according to MSAR). Last year, 05/17 and 06/20 were dates two students got selected so there's still a chance!

To anyone that didn't match today to TTU Lubbock where it was your highest ranked school, this is a friendly reminder that they pick about 50 students for the waitlist and select approx 20 off of it (according to MSAR). Last year, 05/17 and 06/20 were dates two students got selected so there's still a chance!
Just to be clear these dates do not apply to anyone IS who matched elsewhere.

May 15th is usually the deadline for anyone IS who matched elsewhere to lose their waitlists within the state.

Most likely those IS admitted on 5/17 and 6/20 would be those who had no other admission on those dates.

Matched!! Congrats to everyone else who did as well, excited to meet you guys!!

Stats:
511 MCAT
3.97 cGPA
3.96 sGPA
4th Q Casper
II: 01/27
ORM
Lol same, I have to figure out a roommate situation

PreMatched, and now Matched.
Let's go Red Raiders!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
PreMatched, and now Matched.
Let's go Red Raiders!!!
Guns Up!!

1677855797256.png

MATCHED IS

Congrats to everyone else who did as well, excited to meet you guys!!

Stats:
501 MCAT
3.96 cGPA
3.94 sGPA
3RD Q Casper
ORM'

LM 65

I ranked this school 2. number 1 was UHCOM so my app is still active in that school. If I get into UHCOM through rolling admission I will be leaving this school because of preference to location.

Last edited:
Pre-matched and matched! 512 MCAT, 3.96 cGPA and sGPA, 4th Q casper, ORM. Does anyone know if there is a groupme or facebook group yet? :oops:

Reactions: 4 users
Matched!!! IS, from West Texas! LM 68. So excited to meet everyone!!!

Reactions: 5 users
If we didn't match just now, does that mean its over?

• Care
If we didn't match just now, does that mean its over?
No! Watch out for a WL email in a few weeks from TTU Lubbock or any other school you may have interviewed at. They're selective about their alternate pool here so if you're in it you'll be notified in a few weeks