2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email from them!!!!... asking me to take a survey over my interview day experience. Not cool TTU LBK, not cool.
My heart LITERALLY Skipped a beat when I saw this same email... for the survey... ah, so close! lol

I interviewed on 12/01

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like today is the last day of interviews! Let the waiting game begin +pity+

Anyone heard anything from December interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Dec. 1 and haven't heard anything
I interviewed here on the same day and am anxiously waiting for something... I really enjoyed this interview and it is my top! I get the slight feeling we might have to wait until Match Day:shrug:

Happy belated christmas everyone! Dont forget that the true blessing in your life are friends and family!

Is the admissions office open this week or they will open on January,02 ? Anyone knows ? II first week of Dec., still waiting to hear

Got a polite email just now confirming the TTU Lubbock interview season is over. In case there was any lingering doubt out there.

Reactions: 1 users
Is TTU Lubbock having anymore interviews in January. Patiently :shrug:waiting

Anyone has got accepted recently? II in Dec., still waiting to hear?

Anyone has got accepted recently? II in Dec., still waiting to hear?
It's pretty safe to assume that you won't hear anything until Match Day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone ranking TTU Lubbock as their #1 on TMDSAS? Also, does anyone know how many offers they give out on Match Day approximately? I think I remember them saying they were shooting for 900 interviews? From what I heard, they went light on prematch this year like many schools around Texas. The waiting game until Match Day has been so dreadful :(

Anyone ranking TTU Lubbock as their #1 on TMDSAS? Also, does anyone know how many offers they give out on Match Day approximately? I think I remember them saying they were shooting for 900 interviews? From what I heard, they went light on prematch this year like many schools around Texas. The waiting game until Match Day has been so dreadful :(
Only like 2.5 more weeks to go! Hang in there. I prematched here, but I have a couple schools ranked higher. I would love to go here though. Best of luck!

Hi Y'all, don't forget to update your "school preference rank" list by 5:00 PM Friday, January 19, 2018 (Central Time) on TMDSAS and print a copy of your ranking preferences just in case. 4 more days to rank your choices! Best of luck everyone!

I ranked them as my #1 because they are the only school where you can transfer into the MD/PhD program after your first year. Everywhere else (that I know of) you have to be accepted into the MD/PhD right off the bat.

A&M gave out these statistics so I imagine TTU Lubbock is similar. With ~900 interviews I believe ~450 acceptances are offered.

Does anyone know what this school's step 1 average is? I'd really appreciate it! Also, if you're ranking this school above A&M can you pm me?

Does anyone know what this school's step 1 average is? I'd really appreciate it! Also, if you're ranking this school above A&M can you pm me?

I vaguely remember them mentioned it was a 232 or 233 at the interview presentation

Hey everybody! Just dropping in to say good luck before match day; the waiting is rough but it'll be worth it in the end!

Reactions: 2 users
Am i the only one who is ranking them 12th on my list?

Anyway, good luck guys, wish i was invited here.

I'm OOS and I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on housing for medical students. I looked at The Edge and The Dominion, but both seem a little pricey...do they offer discounts to med students?

I'm OOS and I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on housing for medical students. I looked at The Edge and The Dominion, but both seem a little pricey...do they offer discounts to med students?

Got this response when asking a current MS1:
"I would stay at the edge to be honest. I'm moving there next year. Ashton point is a good price because it's further away but still safe. It’s like a 6-7 min drive vs 1-2 min drive, because the edge is literally right next to the school.
But you would deff need a roommate because The Edge is pricey for singles. I don't think there's a discount because most of the ppl who stay there are med students or work at the hospital"

If the opinion of an MS0 means anything, I plan on finding a roommate and living at The Edge as well.

Has there been a Facebook page made for those accepted?

As far as living I'll be looking for a roommate for a house soon! I don't know much about apartments in Lubbock area, but there are a ton of affordable options for renting decent homes.

After I prematched I went up to Lubbock and looked at the city/housing options. You can get some very nice housing options for around $1000-$1400 a month. Plus, you can literally get from anywhere in Lubbock to the HSC in 15 minutes or less so there are tons of housing options.

There is no facebook group yet as far as I know.

After I prematched I went up to Lubbock and looked at the city/housing options. You can get some very nice housing options for around $1000-$1400 a month. Plus, you can literally get from anywhere in Lubbock to the HSC in 15 minutes or less so there are tons of housing options.

There is no facebook group yet as far as I know.

Yikes that's still pricey. I thought living in Lubbock would be cheaper?

I'm pretty sure the $1000-1500 range for 1 bedroom are nice apartments. There are significantly cheaper options if you want to pay less... comes with a loss of quality too though. The problem with 1 bedrooms is that they have fixed costs for builders. Having a roommate probably knocks down the price 300-400 per person. I guarantee you won't pay that in cities like Houston/Dallas.

The Edge is literally across the street from the HSC. It takes about 30 seconds with your car. You pay for convenience!

I have lived in lubbock my entire life. Average 1 bed apartment prices here in lubbock is around 600-700 a month. now if you want to get the granite countertops, nice location in proximity to the school, or some other upgrade, you will pay more. essentially 1200 will get you all the aforementioned ammenities plus more. i lived in a 250 a month 1 bed during undergrad, and it wasnt like a hole in the wall, but it wasnt polished floors and nice location either.

I have lived in lubbock my entire life. Average 1 bed apartment prices here in lubbock is around 600-700 a month. now if you want to get the granite countertops, nice location in proximity to the school, or some other upgrade, you will pay more. essentially 1200 will get you all the aforementioned ammenities plus more. i lived in a 250 a month 1 bed during undergrad, and it wasnt like a hole in the wall, but it wasnt polished floors and nice location either.

I feel like the best deals I've seen have been houses for rent that are like $1400 total for 4 bedroom 2 bath, which is crazy cheap per person. As a Lubbock native, do you think that's the best bang for my buck?

I feel like the best deals I've seen have been houses for rent that are like $1400 total for 4 bedroom 2 bath, which is crazy cheap per person. As a Lubbock native, do you think that's the best bang for my buck?
most certainly, me and my wife currently rent a 3 bedroom house for $1200. however, be aware that there is a rule in place that says no more than 4 people can live in a single house if they are all unrelated. its a rule that the city put in place after something like 12 frat kids were living in a 3 bedroom together. So ya know, be reasonable, 1 person per room lol.

most certainly, me and my wife currently rent a 3 bedroom house for $1200. however, be aware that there is a rule in place that says no more than 4 people can live in a single house if they are all unrelated. its a rule that the city put in place after something like 12 frat kids were living in a 3 bedroom together. So ya know, be reasonable, 1 person per room lol.

Sweet, thanks!

Happy match day eve everyone! hope you all can make it through one more day of anxiety ritteled anticipation!

Having already been through one match day, my worst fear is opening up the TMDSAS window and seeing the "sorry, you did not match" again. Hoping the next 23 hours go by quickly!

Having already been through one match day, my worst fear is opening up the TMDSAS window and seeing the "sorry, you did not match" again. Hoping the next 23 hours go by quickly!

Been there last year and its such an awful feeling! I was lucky enough to prematch this year...still really anxious for the Match Day. I hope you get your good news tomorrow :)
Good luck everyone!

Matched today and SOOOOO excited! Anyone know what the next step is? Do you wait for Tech to contact us or is there somewhere we go to accept our offer?

Matched today and SOOOOO excited! Anyone know what the next step is? Do you wait for Tech to contact us or is there somewhere we go to accept our offer?
for the prematches, we had to log in to the portal and complete a form, sign something, and order our background check as well as pay the placement guarantee fee. I'm not sure if it's any different for y'all but I'd check the portal to be safe. Congratulations!

I got a pre match here but did match here today. Still no word on a facebook group?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

For those that matched here today, has anyone received an email?

For those that matched here today, has anyone received an email?
I didn't receive an email today. I was thinking I would get something. But when I got my prematch offer email a couple months ago, it came at 9:30pm. I checked my portal and nothing has really changed since the prematch.

Probably giving us the night to officially celebrate ;)