2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any OOS people heard back yet? It’s been almost two months since the interview for me and I haven’t gotten anything from them. My inbox from TTU has been so quiet I’m starting to miss the preview day invites lol
@DMCMB is the only person stating admitted as OOS to FMAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning, was complete back in June!

Everything is coming up Farmhand!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any OOS people heard back yet? It’s been almost two months since the interview for me and I haven’t gotten anything from them. My inbox from TTU has been so quiet I’m starting to miss the preview day invites lol
Probably won't hear a final decision back until March at the earliest. More likely April or May.

Where can I find information about the preview day on 12/10? I never received an email and I'm having trouble finding anything on their website.

As for the interview, I saw some posts about it being traditional and some posts about it being an MMI. Could someone give some insight?

Where can I find information about the preview day on 12/10? I never received an email and I'm having trouble finding anything on their website.

As for the interview, I saw some posts about it being traditional and some posts about it being an MMI. Could someone give some insight?
They sent an email yesterday.
8am-12:30 pm. Casual clothes, at the academic event center.

How casual have people been dressing for preview day? I don’t want to be too over or underdressed 😊

How casual have people been dressing for preview day? I don’t want to be too over or underdressed 😊
I attended McGovern's preview day, and though some were dressed as if it were an interview, most dressed down at last somewhat. I wore my suit pants, nice dress shoes, and a patterned button-down shirt with no tie. Basically, I lost the jacket and tie and swapped the classic white/blue suit shirt for one with a more casual look.

When in doubt, it cannot hurt to dress up a bit, but I wouldn't stress it. Many people wore khakis and polos at the McGovern preview day, and the tour guides were in sweats/jeans and school polos. I know this isn't TTUHSC preview day info, but I hope it helps some.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I attended McGovern's preview day, and though some were dressed as if it were an interview, most dressed down at last somewhat. I wore my suit pants, nice dress shoes, and a patterned button-down shirt with no tie. Basically, I lost the jacket and tie and swapped the classic white/blue suit shirt for one with a more casual look.

When in doubt, it cannot hurt to dress up a bit, but I wouldn't stress it. Many people wore khakis and polos at the McGovern preview day, and the tour guides were in sweats/jeans and school polos. I know this isn't TTUHSC preview day info, but I hope it helps some.
When I went to the TTU preview day, I wore nice jeans and a sweater. Just wear what you would if you were going on a first date. I didn’t see anyone in a suit at mine. At the McGovern one however I did see a few people in suits, but for the most part everyone was dressed similar to me

When I went to the TTU preview day, I wore nice jeans and a sweater. Just wear what you would if you were going on a first date. I didn’t see anyone in a suit at mine. At the McGovern one however I did see a few people in suits, but for the most part everyone was dressed similar to me
Agreed! I honestly don't think anyone cares what we wear on these campus visit days, as long as the clothing is clean. They know what we look like all dolled up. They just wanna show us why we should salivate at the chance to attend their school!

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed! I honestly don't think anyone cares what we wear on these campus visit days, as long as the clothing is clean. They know what we look like all dolled up. They just wanna show us why we should salivate at the chance to attend their school!
Tech’s preview day kinda did blow me away. It was super cool, and the anatomy lab was enormous

Members don't see this ad :)
Tech’s preview day kinda did blow me away. It was super cool, and the anatomy lab was enormous
I wanna attend so badly, but it's so far away that only a flight makes sense, and money is super tight. The new lab looked so nice in photos!

I wanna attend so badly, but it's so far away that only a flight makes sense, and money is super tight. The new lab looked so nice in photos!
Yeah I get that, I had to drive more than 6 hours to attend the McGovern preview. Tech also gave a mock lecture about the shoulder when I was there that was pretty interesting

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I get that, I had to drive more than 6 hours to attend the McGovern preview. Tech also gave a mock lecture about the shoulder when I was there that was pretty interesting
You're a trooper for making that drive! I wanna take part in a mock lecture like mad. Has to be so cool!

What an amazing school! I had a great day! Highly recommend!

Reactions: 6 users
Wondering if we’ll get another round of pre-matches before match day 🫢 last round was almost a month ago

Texas Medical schools go on break between 17th and 2nd.

All announcements need to happen by next friday.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Oh that's a great point, I didn't realize that! Do you know if pre-matching typically resumes from Jan 3rd to 31st?
Every school follows their own path in prematches and one has to read the previous year's threads to predict (knowing past processes do not predict future processes.

All prematches should be issued before match submit deadline in February so applicants can rank them.

Secondary submitted June 1st- LM 65

Last edited:
II IS today. Complete 7/6 Feeling so grateful it isn’t even funny 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
How about a vespa or motorcycle as a cheaper option?
I'm personally going this route for whatever med school I go to (ESPECIALLY if it's urban), gas prices only going up and up means that while I need a personal vehicle for med school, I personally don't need a car for something that I'll be spending 90% of my time just commuting with. Scooters have solid trunk space, comfy for sitting after a long day with twist and go throttle, and have much more safety with that step through/underbone design compared to getting T-boned hugging the tank of a motorcycle. Just remember ATGATT and be a defensive rider every ride and you drastically minimize your risk of injury to basically near a car - also don't speed for no reason, I see a lot of other motorcyclists do that and I don't get it.

150cc is basically an all-rounder displacement for everything but interstates (they can even take old backroad highways for touring!) here in TX - your engine can comfortably cruise at 60 with a little extra throttle to get out of dangerous situations and not too much power to be intimidating to a new rider - crashing at 40 in full gear probably won't do too much damage like crashing at 80 on the freeway would.

Sorry if this is too off-topic, just wanted to give my advice from a lot of research into this underrated option for med school transport 😃

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I'm personally going this route for whatever med school I go to (ESPECIALLY if it's urban), gas prices only going up and up means that while I need a personal vehicle for med school, I personally don't need a car for something that I'll be spending 90% of my time just commuting with. Scooters have solid trunk space, comfy for sitting after a long day with twist and go throttle, and have much more safety with that step through/underbone design compared to getting T-boned hugging the tank of a motorcycle. Just remember ATGATT and be a defensive rider every ride and you drastically minimize your risk of injury to basically near a car - also don't speed for no reason, I see a lot of other motorcyclists do that and I don't get it.

150cc is basically an all-rounder displacement for everything but interstates (they can even take old backroad highways for touring!) here in TX - your engine can comfortably cruise at 60 with a little extra throttle to get out of dangerous situations and not too much power to be intimidating to a new rider - crashing at 40 in full gear probably won't do too much damage like crashing at 80 on the freeway would.

Sorry if this is too off-topic, just wanted to give my advice from a lot of research into this underrated option for med school transport 😃
Lubbock is notorious for closing all highways in the city in winter when the roads ice over (thanks to undergrads who drive like crazy). This causing crazy traffic on all roads near campus. If anyone does go with a motorcycle/scooter/etc. in Lubbock, I would definitely recommend living as close to campus as possible!

I know no one posted on here but has anyone heard of any pre-matches being given out recently at TTU? 🫢

I know no one posted on here but has anyone heard of any pre-matches being given out recently at TTU? 🫢
Haven't heard of anything from anyone so far! All I know is that they will send pre-match offers out until January. Really hoping to fall within the upcoming waves haha. Waiting sucks, but we are all in this together!!!

• Care
Haven't heard of anything from anyone so far! All I know is that they will send pre-match offers out until January. Really hoping to fall within the upcoming waves haha. Waiting sucks, but we are all in this together!!!
They just had a campus tour day last weekend, I wonder if they add in their impressions after meeting some of you in person to help decide on offers?

They just had a campus tour day last weekend, I wonder if they add in their impressions after meeting some of you in person to help decide on offers?
I actually attended this! No clue if that has any effect on our decisions, but the experience was great. They recently got a grant for 3D printing and let us take some cool things back from the lab.

• Love
I truly doubt it. There was a number of already accepted students that day, and the main interaction was with students who didn't really know who we were (there were no name tags, for example). It's also not an equal opportunity for assessment. Many interviewees couldn't attend for reasons beyond their control, and I'm sure the school (especially a very considerate school like Tech) knows that.

I truly doubt it. There was a number of already accepted students that day, and the main interaction was with students who didn't really know who we were (there were no name tags, for example). It's also not an equal opportunity for assessment. Many interviewees couldn't attend for reasons beyond their control, and I'm sure the school (especially a very considerate school like Tech) knows that.
You're probably right, @LevantinoMD, especially since some were already accepted.
If someone was truly obnoxious, though, I think that word would get around as a negative factor

Do y’all think we will get another prematch wave b4 match day in the new year?

Today in the interview, they specifically stated that attendance at preview day does not factor into acceptance.

I had a great interview experience! Wreck Em!

Reactions: 5 users
Can someone possibly connect me with a student in the FMAT program please?

Who is ready to start med school THIS year at TTUHSC?!

does going to texas tech school of medicine preview day increase my chance of acceptance
I don’t think it affects your chance of admission. Since you have had several interviews, making a visit to the community of Lubbock will help you decide how to rank your schools for the Match.

Has anyone that interviewed last month heard back yet?
Not me. I have a feeling we will have to wait until Match Day since pre-match offers are only extended until 1/31 and they didn’t seem to have many late pre-matches in years past. Manifesting an A! 🤠

any chance of still receiving a II from Lubbock? this is my top choice and have not heard anything yet :/

any chance of still receiving a II from Lubbock? this is my top choice and have not heard anything yet :/
Somebody just got one on Tuesday, so there is still a small chance. I'm sure things are winding down though. The post-interview survey contains a list of all of the interview dates that are available, but I don't have that survey to be able to know when those dates are. Can anybody provide that info?