2023-2024 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will we be impacted negatively if we are unable to visit campus in person? I received their email invite to tour but I am unsure if I can make it
why not? Until you have an offer of admission, do all you can to show interest. If it conflicts with an exam you can't get out of, that would be a good reason.
 
Will we be impacted negatively if we are unable to visit campus in person? I received their email invite to tour but I am unsure if I can make it

During the virtual interview they mentioned that they make their decision almost immediately after your interview. I don’t think that touring the school weeks after would effect their decision but it might have an impact on yours!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During the virtual interview they mentioned that they make their decision almost immediately after your interview. I don’t think that touring the school weeks after would effect their decision but it might have an impact on yours!
Wait, they mentioned this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you that prematched today, have you been able to open your offer letter on the amp portal ? When I click on the click I get an error mssg.
 
FYI: “Please accept or decline your offer below within two weeks of receipt of email offer.

Additionally, a non-refundable Placement Guarantee Fee of $100 is required from students accepting a place in the entering class. Please submit your electronic payment by May 15th.”
 
I read that "Additional documents and/or updates must be submitted through the TMDSAS" in the sentence before that. But TMDSAS doesn't have an update system, right?

Thanks for the help btw!
Yeah, TMDSAS doesn't really have an update system like that.
 
I read that "Additional documents and/or updates must be submitted through the TMDSAS" in the sentence before that. But TMDSAS doesn't have an update system, right?

Thanks for the help btw!
TMDSAS allows updates of a limited number of things, like contact info, new grades for applicants still in college, and new MCAT scores. There is no option for updating essays, adding letters or resumes etc.
 
Hello! Has anyone who prematched been able to submit the payment yet? I got an email saying the error was cleared, but I am still receiving it.
 
Thanks!! Last Tuesday, during the tour! I am super excited and thankful.
I sent an email about the error, but no reply yet. Thinking of giving a call tomorrow.
Isn't El Paso is due only in May?

From @TheSixYearGapYear above:

FYI: “Please accept or decline your offer below within two weeks of receipt of email offer.

Additionally, a non-refundable Placement Guarantee Fee of $100 is required from students accepting a place in the entering class. Please submit your electronic payment by May 15th.”
 
Hello! Has anyone who prematched been able to submit the payment yet? I got an email saying the error was cleared, but I am still receiving it.

Congrats on your prematch! I haven’t been able to submit the payment because there’s no link shown. I emailed them about it but haven’t received a response. Good thing it’s not due until May like @texasvandy mentions
 
Isn't El Paso is due only in May?

From @TheSixYearGapYear above:

FYI: “Please accept or decline your offer below within two weeks of receipt of email offer.

Additionally, a non-refundable Placement Guarantee Fee of $100 is required from students accepting a place in the entering class. Please submit your electronic payment by May 15th.”
You are right, missed that. Awesome, thank you @texasvandy and @tacosnguacamole !
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I interview here next week and scrolling through this thread I see people mentioning that this is an MMI format interview. However, I do not see any mentioning of MMI in any of my emails from PLFSOM or in my portal. Can someone who has already interviewed confirm that its MMI? Maybe I'm just blind and am reading over the MMI part lol. Also any interview tips for this school is much appreciated! Congrats to all of you that pre-matched! 😊
 
Hi guys! I interview here next week and scrolling through this thread I see people mentioning that this is an MMI format interview. However, I do not see any mentioning of MMI in any of my emails from PLFSOM or in my portal. Can someone who has already interviewed confirm that its MMI? Maybe I'm just blind and am reading over the MMI part lol. Also any interview tips for this school is much appreciated! Congrats to all of you that pre-matched! 😊

It’s MMI! My biggest tip is to use the time before the response to read the question and form a rough outline of how you want to respond to it. Also show up a few minutes early to the MMI. Best of luck!
 
Thank you!!!

Another tip, is remember to keep your phone handy. Sometimes issues can arise like a glitch with the window of one of your interviewers not opening after a couple of minutes. In this case they will probably reschedule that particular interview at the end of your series. Stay calm and in communication with the admissions team and everything will get sorted out fine. Congrats on your II!