2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they say how many days you have to decide and respond to the offer?
I have until the end of the day tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

I broke my phone this week and am waiting for a new one, can I call them from another number to double check? Will they leave a voicemail?

I originally missed their call and they did not leave a voicemail. The person I spoke to actually said he was glad I called back because he was moving on down the list.

Oh wow thats scary. Imagine if you didn't see their call till later! And I just noticed you are OOS. Thought they would be calling some IS today

I know! They must not be at their OOS cap yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
what about their IS cap? Lots of IS peeps dropped their seats. what is the hold up

what about their IS cap? Lots of IS peeps dropped their seats. what is the hold up

There is no IS cap as I understand it - they can take as many as they want as long as it's 90% or above.

From what was said on the phone I think several people got offers today - they just aren't on SDN.

Some schools make a grand sweep of announcements to fill their remaining spots (UTSW especially) , others trickle out offers one by one as vacancies appear. Also, a school doesn't have to fill all their vacancies before June 1; if they are having trouble deciding or if people keep changing their minds (accepting a WL spot then trading up to a different WL offer) there may be a lot of action behind the scenes that we don't see. Fingers crossed for all y'all on the WL. Post-June 1 offers still possible for those without an offer yet.

Reactions: 1 user
sb1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Was the call from an unknown number or the Lubbock area code?

Where art thou IS WL acceptances?!!!?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm dropping my offer (IS) here today. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
What about us, Tech?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?.....

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know if they filled the class??

As of last Friday, 5 days ago, they said they were still making offers to the alternate pool. I called the school about another question I had and slipped in the ? about the alternate pool. Digging deep to find patience...

Any more recent updates?

It doesnt look like much waitlist movement for IS this year from Tech again ):

No, thats kind of what im saying. lots of movement from the other schools, but none from here.
I talked to someone last week and they said that there is movement and the committee meets up like every week but wondering when they’re going to start pulling off more IS people??

I talked to someone last week and they said that there is movement and the committee meets up like every week but wondering when they’re going to start pulling off more IS people??
Anyone know what day of the week they meet on haha? Hang in there everybody!!!!

Anyone know what day of the week they meet on haha? Hang in there everybody!!!!
They meet on Tuesdays, and i met with someone in admissions that said there will be very little movement for IS this year unfortunately (he guessed around 10 or so). Keep your fingers crossed though, it might be you!

They meet on Tuesdays, and i met with someone in admissions that said there will be very little movement for IS this year unfortunately (he guessed around 10 or so). Keep your fingers crossed though, it might be you!
I wonder how many of us are on IS waitlist...

Called today to check on the status of my application, and they told me the class was filled.