2017-2018 University of Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How's your community service EC's? These schools take their mission fairly seriously so if you haven't shown a penchant for serving the community that may be an issue.

I felt I had sufficient volunteering, though compared to my clinical employment and research the amount of hours was definitely lower. As a non-trad working full time I tried volunteering when I could. I see your point though, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I wanted to reach out as it has been a couple of weeks since my last post. I just returned from the AAMC National Conference in Boston. It was great to meet some of my colleagues, learn some new ideas, and, most importantly, our school participated in the AAMC Minority Student Medical Career Fair. A highlight of any day of mine is when I can meet potential candidates and students just like you!

I have seen a few themes developing since my last post. This has included where we are in the admission cycle and how many interview seats we have left to offer this season.

As for interviews, this cycle we have 330 interview seats available and have offered 205 interviews to date. With that, we have 125 interviews left to extend.

As for extending offers, we have made 53 to date! It is a great group of candidates and we hope each will choose to study at COM-P.

As for those on hold, I want to pass along that this truly is a positive. The Admissions Committee is heavily weighing your application and – hopefully – you will get a phone call from me soon extending you an offer! The next time I will be calling candidates will be this upcoming Monday, November 13th.

As for those denied, I understand that it certainly wasn’t the news you wished to hear. Hopefully hearing early in the season will allow you to adjust your strategy as needed and – in the end – get an offer to one of your top programs!

One other item our team wants to bring to your attention. Some of you have reached out to us as you haven’t yet received a secondary application to date. Email domains such as Hotmail/AOL/MSN can reject our emails so be sure to check your spam email folder. If you do not see anything, you are welcome to reach out to us directly at 602.827.2005 or [email protected].

Great luck moving forward and I hope to speak with many of you soon!!

All my best,

Dr. Fogerty

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected just now (Pre-II)
515 MCAT, OOS (but lived in AZ for 22 years)
Complete 7/10

Accepted last week, September interview. OOS, LizzyM ~75. I know there is banter here about high stats and OOS candidates and so I wanted to give my perspective. I was thrilled to be accepted and was attracted to the school’s culture, certainly, but also to the opportunities UofA Phoenix offered (research, scholarly project, small class size, clinical partners, match results of previous classes, etc.). At my interview day, I felt like I belonged here and had “that feeling” traveling home. I feel like I got in largely due to the unique aspects of my application and by weaving those aspects into my MMI responses to remind my interviewers about why they invited me in the first place. I’ve also been accepted elsewhere and it will be a really tough decision for me. Hopefully that helps anyone else considering UofA Phoenix in this application cycle or future ones.

congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering if you can share a little more about "weaving aspects of your app into your MMI responses"

Reactions: 1 user
For those rejected pre-II, did you receive a phone call or email?

For all of you who were rejected, would you mind sharing the date you were complete?

Reactions: 3 users
Application on hold. I really feel this school is a perfect fit for me, so I hope good news isn’t far away

Members don't see this ad :)
when were you all complete? Crickets over here... Complete end of Sept

Completed beginning of August and also crickets..

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all - anyone have access to their match lists? I've been scouring the internet

when were you all complete? Crickets over here... Complete end of Sept

I am OOS and was complete 9/25, received a coursework clarification email from admissions on Oct 31st, but silence since then.

I am OOS and was complete 9/25, received a coursework clarification email from admissions on Oct 31st, but silence since then.
Complete end of August, OOS, have not heard anything. I'm hoping this means I am still in the running - seems like an amazing program!

Rejected a while back after interviewing the first round (08/21)... IS, MCAT 515, GPA 3.96, complete ~06/10 i think. Wishing the best to you all:)

Rejected a while back after interviewing the first round (08/21)... IS, MCAT 515, GPA 3.96, complete ~06/10 i think. Wishing the best to you all:)

If you're comfortable sharing, do you feel like your interview went poorly/have any idea why you were rejected?

Last edited:
If you're comfortable sharing, do you feel like your interview went poorly/have any idea why you were rejected?
Personally, I thought my interview went fairly well, so I don't think that was the reason I was rejected. I think I'm pretty strong in other areas of my app too, so unfortunately I don't have a concrete answer for ya. I was accepted to UA COM Tucson though, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my status at UA COM Phx.

I wonder when more ii will be going out

Rejected earlier. LM 64 OOS URM complete 8/20. Ohhhhh well

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using SDN mobile

Rejected pre-II. Ultra nontrad ORM, OOS, LM ~69, complete Aug 24.
Best wishes to those of you accepted and still in the running!

Rejected today @ 5:30. URM, OOS, complete 9/1. Good luck guys!

Does anyone know the acceptance rate post-interview? I know around 330 interviews are given, but I'm not sure how many students get acceptances.

The MD Applicant Snapshot shows that they offered admission to 83 IS and 63 OOS students for a total of 146 admissions offers.

MD Program - Applicant Snapshot

Edit: This number is an average from 2013-2017.

OMG. I just got an II here - was not expecting that with my average stats! Only date available was Dec 4th so I took it. Complete 9/25, OOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the acceptance call! First MD acceptance!! So grateful to be admitted here.

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted just now!!! Absolutely thrilled!! :happy:

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all those with acceptances and with interview invites. I was complete 9/19 and silence for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok was just rejected, oos complete 9/19. It’s nice to at least hear something from them.