2017-2018 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Then I suggest you don’t do anything. Just stay on the list (that alone shows continued interest), wait and see if you’re accepted. Every year UCSF accepts tons of people from the waitlist so you have a good chance. Congrats on getting into Harvard and Hopkins!

Seems that's how I'll be riding it out. If it's meant to be for me at UCSF then it'll happen, and if not, then I am incredibly blessed with my options as is. Thank you ❤️

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a residency match list for UCSF? Or is it still only that useless summary?

So after this week does waitlist movement likely start?

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a residency match list for UCSF? Or is it still only that useless summary?

There’s a physical list on campus, but it won’t be posted online. That summary is usually all UCSF releases to the public.

Anxiously awaiting WL movement.... Sighh

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist today. This is not real life... Interviewed early Oct, Waitlisted mid Dec

Reactions: 5 users
+1

Interview in October, waitlisted late December. Sent an update and LOI.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, my heart is . Congrats to you guys, I think it wasn't meant to be for me at ucsf and I shouldn't complain as I wasn't willing to send them a LOI.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Does anyone know if they send acceptances to waitlisted people in waves? Or is it safe to assume that most people were accepted yesterday...

I interviewed early October and if they're reviewing applicants in chronological order, looks like I am out of luck :(

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Does anyone know if they send acceptances to waitlisted people in waves? Or is it safe to assume that most people were accepted yesterday...

I interviewed early October and if they're reviewing applicants in chronological order, looks like I am out of luck :(
Last year it looks like they sent acceptances all through May and even some in June/July.

Lmao it really can’t be in chronological order. That would likely defeat the purpose of using a waitlist. Also UCSF historically has a high waitlist acceptance rate. Hopes high, expectations low!

How were you folks able to send LOIs? I emailed [email protected] and they told me Letters of Interest/Intent were not allowed—only significant updates.

In!!!!! Got the email around 6pm yesterday. No LOI sent and in fact, was told by them that LOIs make no difference - they're busy enough, they don't need one of those to read too. Good luck guys!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
How were you folks able to send LOIs? I emailed and they told me Letters of Interest/Intent were not allowed—only significant updates.
My LOI was embedded within an activity update. Got the sneaky idea from someone on sdn but it worked for me.

My LOI was embedded within an activity update. Got the sneaky idea from someone on sdn but it worked for me.
Hmm...

“Hey Dr. Wofsy, I know it’s only been a week, but I have another ‘update’ for you...”

Just got accepted off the waitlist for the JMP via email yesterday!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when PRIME orientation would start? I'm planning my summer travels, and this info would be really useful (in case I get selected).

Prime orientation is one week before the general orientation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any new insights on WL acceptance possibility/class fullness? Last I heard from the office in early June was that “movement was limited.”

Hi all, would anybody be willing to chat with me about the interview? I am applying in the 2018-2019 cycle and have been super fortunate to have been invited for an interview next month and am hoping for some guidance!

Hi all, would anybody be willing to chat with me about the interview? I am applying in the 2018-2019 cycle and have been super fortunate to have been invited for an interview next month and am hoping for some guidance!
I'm an MS1 here, PM me!

Just got a secondary now. sent the primary in mid-July.