2017-2018 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who has heard! Quick question, for those who have already heard this season - do you know if they send out all acceptances at once for a certain interview date, or can they be more sporadic?

Members don't see this ad.

when do they release finaid decisions?
Also, when do we have to let them know by whether you accept their offer?
Does UCSF make you hold a spot in their class like other schools, and have it be a non-committal spot-hold?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Posting to get updates on this thread--accepted in Dec!

when you click the accept offer button, is it binding?
Other schools have a long explanation that by clicking accept, it's no way binding, and that we should accept in 2 weeks.

is UCSF the same?

when you click the accept offer button, is it binding?
Other schools have a long explanation that by clicking accept, it's no way binding, and that we should accept in 2 weeks.

is UCSF the same?
Exactly the same. Clicking accept does not oblige you to attend UCSF unless you hold onto your acceptance offer past the April 30th deadline.

when do they release finaid decisions?
Also, when do we have to let them know by whether you accept their offer?
Does UCSF make you hold a spot in their class like other schools, and have it be a non-committal spot-hold?
To answer your finaid question, I called the office of financial aid last week, and they told me that awards will be granted sometime between mid-March and April prior to ASW.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed in Dec or Jan heard R or W decisions yet?

Don't know if this has been asked already, but is there any sort of subsidy for flights to ASW? Like maybe $200 off or anything like that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! Currently on waitlist here. Top choice without a doubt. Hoping to write update letter with a statement of intent inside. I've been scared to play the waitlist game but it looks like it's here now.

Does UCSF truly have more waitlist movement than most schools? If so, when abouts do we think we could expect movement to happen? After April 30 I'm assuming, or does it happen before then as well? Thanks!

Ugh I STILL haven't heard anything...and interviewed in Jan....do you think this means anything?

Also accepted this afternoon!!!!!! I live in SF so I will definitely see you all at ASW. So grateful. Interviewed late Jan.

OMG ACCEPTED!!! Can't really believe it. Also interviewed late January

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to everyone accepted! UCSF is an amazing school.

Accepted around 4PM via email!! Interviewed on the last day (Feb 2) - IS. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

For those on the UCSF/JMP alternate list-- has there been any waitlist movement recently? Would love to hear some good news soon :(

Got it. Any idea if they'll extend any more acceptances off the waitlist? T_T
From what I hear there are 16 offers out for as many spots, and surely some will end up matriculating elsewhere, so yeah! There will be some movement but maybe not for a while.

From what I hear there are 16 offers out for as many spots, and surely some will end up matriculating elsewhere, so yeah! There will be some movement but maybe not for a while.
Fingers crossed! (Also, congrats on the acceptance!!)

planning on applying here next year -- has anyone been a beneficiary of the helen diller sholarship?

Did anyone receive the Regents Scholarship? How were you notified? Did it appear in your financial aid award?

planning on applying here next year -- has anyone been a beneficiary of the helen diller sholarship?
Next year...? Didn’t you already say that you had been accepted this year?

Reactions: 2 users
Next year...? Didn’t you already say that you had been accepted this year?

LOL, i meant matriculating..this is what pulling an all-nighter for an essay does to you

if anyone has heard back from any sort of scholarships (besides for the need-based), such as regents or the recent-donation based scholarships i think me and cloudcomputing unicorn were wondering about those .

LOL, i meant matriculating..this is what pulling an all-nighter for an essay does to you

if anyone has heard back from any sort of scholarships (besides for the need-based), such as regents or the recent-donation based scholarships i think me and cloudcomputing unicorn were wondering about those .
What are these regents and donation based scholarships you speak of?

Do you guys think it's unlikely that ucsf would pull someone from the waitlist if they see acceptances at Harvard and Hopkins or do they not take that stuff into account?
if you really wanted to go to ucsf i heard that you can even tell them that you got acceptances to those two places but would rather choose ucsf...

if you really wanted to go to ucsf i heard that you can even tell them that you got acceptances to those two places but would rather choose ucsf...

The thing is I can't make that decision without having the option to begin with.. I can't write them a letter of intent because I'm not even sure if I would choose them over the other schools but I totally COULD see myself doing thaglt. I'm conflicted

The thing is I can't make that decision without having the option to begin with.. I can't write them a letter of intent because I'm not even sure if I would choose them over the other schools but I totally COULD see myself doing thaglt. I'm conflicted
Then I suggest you don’t do anything. Just stay on the list (that alone shows continued interest), wait and see if you’re accepted. Every year UCSF accepts tons of people from the waitlist so you have a good chance. Congrats on getting into Harvard and Hopkins!

Reactions: 2 users
Then I suggest you don’t do anything. Just stay on the list (that alone shows continued interest), wait and see if you’re accepted. Every year UCSF accepts tons of people from the waitlist so you have a good chance. Congrats on getting into Harvard and Hopkins!
agree to this