2017-2018 University of Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone in the top third still have silence?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Are you OOS?
No, I am in state. I am very confused and concerned and really unsure of what to do. I was told top third over the phone, and I am now worried that I was told something that is wrong? But top third does not sound like middle or bottom third at all. Any thoughts? It does make me feel a little better to know I am not the only one in this boat...

No, I am in state. I am very confused and concerned and really unsure of what to do. I was told top third over the phone, and I am now worried that I was told something that is wrong? But top third does not sound like middle or bottom third at all. Any thoughts? It does make me feel a little better to know I am not the only one in this boat...
Someone should call and see where they really are.

Another option is that this isn’t a real ranked list. Maybe they try to go in order but they also are taking into account demographics/gender by accepting people off the list who are close in makeup to the person who gave up the spot

Just commenting so I can be #528... fight tiger.

Hope you all see waitlist movement soon!

Haven't posted on here before, but have been following the forum while I have been on the waitlist. It honestly has helped keep me sane during this whole process so thank you all for that.

I wanted to share that I was in the middle third and was offered an acceptance via phone call from Kevin today. I didn't ask about specific numbers but he mentioned there was currently a lot of movement. Also just a heads up, he is on a business trip and the call came from an Ohio number.

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't posted on here before, but have been following the forum while I have been on the waitlist. It honestly has helped keep me sane during this whole process so thank you all for that.

I wanted to share that I was in the middle third and was offered an acceptance via phone call from Kevin today. I didn't ask about specific numbers but he mentioned there was currently a lot of movement. Also just a heads up, he is on a business trip and the call came from an Ohio number.
Congrats man!

I guess this just adds to the anxiety of those that were supposedly skipped in the first third

Does anyone know how many acceptances Mizzou gives out?

Do they only give the same number of acceptances as seats in the class ~112 and then the same number of waitlistings. Or do they give more acceptances than seats, in addition to waitlistings?
From my understanding they fill up to the class then put everyone else on the waitlist. There’s a 150 on the original list. 8 were pulled off to fill the class so 142 are ‘left’. Since we’re into the second third I’d estimate around 60 more people were offered acceptances by now but I could be wrong

From my understanding they fill up to the class then put everyone else on the waitlist. There’s a 150 on the original list. 8 were pulled off to fill the class so 142 are ‘left’. Since we’re into the second third I’d estimate around 60 more people were offered acceptances by now but I could be wrong
I spoke to Kevin and he said they have a cap on OOS students. So they could be in the second third but if you're OOS in the second third is doesn't help as there are still OOS applicants in the top third.

I spoke to Kevin and he said they have a cap on OOS students. So they could be in the second third but if you're OOS in the second third is doesn't help as there are still OOS applicants in the top third.
Oh that makes sense. Did you ask him if they’re officially into the second third now? I know some people were saying they were skipped in the first third

Oh that makes sense. Did you ask him if they’re officially into the second third now? I know some people were saying they were skipped in the first third
No i didn't. Im one of the OOS top third people so I really just wanted to know if that's why I was skipped

No i didn't. Im one of the OOS top third people so I really just wanted to know if that's why I was skipped
It would make sense if the two people accepted on here were both IS. Either way good luck man! You’ve got a great shot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything today?

Anyone call to find out where they're at?

Has no one heard anything? Is everyone who got accepted going here?

I thought you only had five days to respond once accepted off the WL....
Yes and I paid my deposit, but I am waitlisted at my top choice school and they normally don't start moving until mid to late May so I am holding out to see if they will accept me.

Compared to last year's thread, it looks like WL movement is going much faster this year since they didn't hit the middle third until 5/6ish last year and we did before traffic day this year, but I'm confused since a few of the 1/3 people on here still haven't gotten accepted yet

Compared to last year's thread, it looks like WL movement is going much faster this year since they didn't hit the middle third until 5/6ish last year and we did before traffic day this year, but I'm confused since a few of the 1/3 people on here still haven't gotten accepted yet
I believe all the 1/3 people who haven't gotten accepted yet are OOS students. Unfortunately though, I spoke with Kevin yesterday and he said the overall WL is moving much slower than it has in previous years :(

I believe all the 1/3 people who haven't gotten accepted yet are OOS students. Unfortunately though, I spoke with Kevin yesterday and he said the overall WL is moving much slower than it has in previous years :(
If that's the case, then the 2/3 people who were accepted a couple weeks ago would have to be IS right? So wouldn't that mean they've been further into it then last year or am I thinking about it the wrong way? I wonder what his definition of slow is. Being into the 2/3 before mid may seems really fast

If that's the case, then the 2/3 people who were accepted a couple weeks ago would have to be IS right? So wouldn't that mean they've been further into it then last year or am I thinking about it the wrong way? I wonder what his definition of slow is. Being into the 2/3 before mid may seems really fast
I'm not really sure but he said waitlist movement has slowed since May 1st

Anyone call to find out where we are on the list/get any acceptances?

Only 3 people have been added to the FB group in the past week. .

I called earlier and they said they're into the top of the middle third for IS and that movement has been slow. They also said they don't expect to get to the bottom third this year but that could change

I think at least 5 of those people are also current students.
You are correct, I've been trying to keep track of the additions to keep my SDN crew up to date. In the group information it tells us the date when a person was added and the most recent addition seems to be an incoming M1.