2017-2018 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Early December and WL

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the WL train -- interviewed early Dec. Fingers crossed there will be some movement, I really loved this school.

I've heard there is a good amount of WL movement here! A ton of students I met on interview day were originally waitlisted :) Those who got waitlisted yesterday, would you mind sharing your stats?

Hi guys! I'm also on the WL here. I checked MSAR for their WL movement. Apparently, they WL about 400 students and accept about 16 from there...not feeling too great over here :/ Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I'm also on the WL here. I checked MSAR for their WL movement. Apparently, they WL about 400 students and accept about 16 from there...not feeling too great over here :/ Good luck to you all!

That would mean they produce nearly perfect yield, which can't be true

Reactions: 1 user
not all 400 accept the wait list offer?

That would mean they produce nearly perfect yield, which can't be true

ok so I just checked MSAR and it says 350-400 people are on the waitlist and 34 got acceptances. That means around 8-10% get off the waitlist.

Anyone else still waiting to hear back pre-II here? Losing hope...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 late July complete. I don't deserve an interview here but I'd appreciate a rejection at least

+2. It's February already, no II, what take them so long to give me an R?

Does this school accept updates?

This is my last school left that I've applied to. II complete with no interview offered yet, but this thread has kept me hopeful. :)

Also - for sanity sake - do they send rejection notices to your email or do you have to go on the portal and check?

II complete with no interview offered yet

Typically, II is the short-form of Interview Invite. If you are talking about secondaries, please use 2°.

Reactions: 2 users
What are some reasons that you guys want to go to Rochester?
Great study/work environment, got good vibes from staff and students, they go hard for biopsychosocial, students were happy, strong research (especially in the area I'm interested in), great reputation

Withdrew my II hope it goes to one of you guys !

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe if they see all the dank memes I post here, they'll extend me an automatic acceptance???
Exactly bro, memes are key for being holistic

Reactions: 6 users
Can anyone comment on what the interview day is like, especially the group discussion?

Can anyone comment on what the interview day is like, especially the group discussion?
The day was really relaxed, with a lot of free time to sit in on classes and explore the school and hospital. The group discussion was ~30 minutes and involved all 10 people interviewing (my day), and was lightly mediated by the admissions director in the room. It was an ethical discussion- no technical knowledge necessary.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know when they send the last II? I saw that they interview up until early march but wasn't sure when they stop sending them. I sent an update a little over a month ago with grades, volunteering, and a publication. I have a coauthored abstract that was accepted to an international conference and was contemplating sending an update along with a letter of interest because I am very interested in attending here but have not heard anything since August (I know some people were rejected etc.). I just don't know if thats too soon for another update but then again what do I have to lose!

does anyone know when they send the last II? I saw that they interview up until early march but wasn't sure when they stop sending them. I sent an update a little over a month ago with grades, volunteering, and a publication. I have a coauthored abstract that was accepted to an international conference and was contemplating sending an update along with a letter of interest because I am very interested in attending here but have not heard anything since August (I know some people were rejected etc.). I just don't know if thats too soon for another update but then again what do I have to lose!

I was invited first couple days of January and the dates available were for end of February, so not sure when the last IIs go out but probably sometime soon. would def go ahead and send the updates and put it all on the table now!

II just now!

A few dates left in March.

hopefully this isn’t an autowaitlist situation

Reactions: 3 users
II just now!

Awesome! I've been holding out hope that they might have an II left in store for me...they've definitely sat on our apps for a while.

II just now!

Congrats! Do you remember which dates in March?

Last edited:
are the interviews here open or closed file? thanks!

are the interviews here open or closed file? thanks!
Closed, but the interviewers will have access to your answers to the pre-interview questions on the portal.

From the AAMC Virtual Fair on Thursday 2/15: "All of our applicants who are waiting to hear of an interview decision will be notified by the end of February"

Reactions: 4 users
Jan 12th interview waitlisted today. I'm kind of wondering why its been so long since I have seen anyone saying that they got accepted into this school

It seems like people are hearing back about a month (+a week or so) after their interviews this year; does that seem about right?