2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten or heard of anyone who got any updates today? Just wondering if they're sending those out on a weekly basis

No movement (reported on SDN) at all this week yet? Hopefully there are still some spots to round out the incoming class.

Reactions: 1 user
No movement (reported on SDN) at all this week yet? Hopefully there are still some spots to round out the incoming class.

Not that I've heard, although i did call the other day and they said they were still looking at it so here's to hoping

Reactions: 4 users
Just called admissions!

According to the person I spoke to, they are still waiting for people to accept/deny their offers (meaning there will still be waitlist movement, but the person did not say exactly how much more movement there will be).

Additionally, once Toledo fills their class and there is no more room, admissions will be sending out a notification email.

Just called admissions!

According to the person I spoke to, they are still waiting for people to accept/deny their offers (meaning there will still be waitlist movement, but the person did not say exactly how much more movement there will be).

Additionally, once Toledo fills their class and there is no more room, admissions will be sending out a notification email.

Thanks for relaying the info! It's my impression that there's always a small chance that even when the class is completely full, if one who's admitted gets off the waitlist elsewhere, UT's list will move again. I suspect that they'll send an email about it being unlikely to be offered a spot when the class is full, but until orientation starts, there's room to hold out hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Just called admissions!

Thanks for the info!

Considering it’s July, is it safe to say most significant movement has already passed?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo does anyone have any news?
Still quiet... A bit too quiet :p

Not sure if the AdCom met this week due to the holiday. At least that's what I'm telling myself to feel better.

Still quiet... A bit too quiet :p

Not sure if the AdCom met this week due to the holiday. At least that's what I'm telling myself to feel better.

I like that I'm going to go with that too haha

Has anyone called admissions lately or have any new info on the waitlist?
It would be awesome if the next person to call would ask how many more seats are still available (in other words, how many are still being decided on by applicants).

I don’t want to be too much of a pest haha

It would be awesome if the next person to call would ask how many more seats are still available (in other words, how many are still being decided on by applicants).

I don’t want to be too much of a pest haha
Same here lol. Or when we could expect some decisions to come out

It seems odd that there hasn't been any movement since the 19th. That is only one day after they sent out the initial email about starting to go through the waitlist.

did anyone else get an email today about the waitlist?

I didn't get this email either. So this might mean there are some seats left in the class. I wonder why there hasn't been much movement though. It is kind of odd.

I just received an email informing me I am not likely to receive a position in the entering class based on my current status on the list. No movement since June 19th, and they will let us know more information on their entering class at the close of the season.

Me too. 503 MCAT, cGPA 3.97, sGPA 4.0. Not surprised.

I wouldn't mind being rejected from the waitlist at this point. At this stage, I'd rather have the bandage ripped off now, rather than in 3 weeks you know?

I wouldn't mind being rejected from the waitlist at this point. At this stage, I'd rather have the bandage ripped off now, rather than in 3 weeks you know?
But if you're still on the list, there is a chance. I think now it's just as spots become open but there is a lot of movement in other schools so I imagine there is here too. Don't give up unless you really want to. And I forget when UT starts so I'm not sure when the final cut will be but to still be up there says something.

Reactions: 2 users
But if you're still on the list, there is a chance. I think now it's just as spots become open but there is a lot of movement in other schools so I imagine there is here too. Don't give up unless you really want to. And I forget when UT starts so I'm not sure when the final cut will be but to still be up there says something.

Hi, rising M1 here. Orientation starts July 30th.

If I recall correctly, orientation starts the 30th. So still 2 solid weeks of potential movement. As a non traditional student I feel somewhat obligated to give my employer 2 week's notice (even though I spoke with my direct supervisor and he's very accommodating for my situation), so I think I may call the AdCom tomorrow to get an idea of how much more movement they're anticipating. They have to be able to estimate better than our wild guesses, as they go through this yearly.

E: whoops didn't see that the thread had moved to page 15 and missed the question re: orientation date had already been answered. Thanks for the confirmation PCS

Update: called the admissions office but must have just missed them because I got sent to VM. I decided against leaving a message because I can't imagine they want to be pestered by applicants wondering about the waitlist first thing on Monday morning. Sorry about the non-update.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, orientation starts the 30th. So still 2 solid weeks of potential movement. As a non traditional student I feel somewhat obligated to give my employer 2 week's notice (even though I spoke with my direct supervisor and he's very accommodating for my situation), so I think I may call the AdCom tomorrow to get an idea of how much more movement they're anticipating. They have to be able to estimate better than our wild guesses, as they go through this yearly.

E: whoops didn't see that the thread had moved to page 15 and missed the question re: orientation date had already been answered. Thanks for the confirmation PCS

Update: called the admissions office but must have just missed them because I got sent to VM. I decided against leaving a message because I can't imagine they want to be pestered by applicants wondering about the waitlist first thing on Monday morning. Sorry about the non-update.

Thanks for calling and updating us anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wait when did you get that? I'm still email-less, and it's killing me LOL
Got the e-mail on 7/10 "We have not had any movement from our alternate list since June 19. Based on your current status on the list, it is not likely that you will be offered a position in our entering class. We want to provide you with this information so that you can move forward with other options for your academic and career path."

Alright... Last week before orientation. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
I just received my "you may want to consider alternative plans" email. They said that at this point they typically have less than 3 spots open up from this point on, if any. There has also been no movement of the waitlist over the last week. So hey, any of us left I think were probably as close as you can get to a spot without getting one. Best of luck to everyone, whatever you may be doing!!!

I just received my "you may want to consider alternative plans" email. They said that at this point they typically have less than 3 spots open up from this point on, if any. There has also been no movement of the waitlist over the last week. So hey, any of us left I think were probably as close as you can get to a spot without getting one. Best of luck to everyone, whatever you may be doing!!!

+1

Oy.. Just got the email saying that there's been no movement in the past week, and that typically 0-3 spots open at this point.

Moment19 - weren't you offered admission last Thursday?

Same! I just wish they could offer feedback. I'd love to attend Toledo.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an e-mail saying I was unlikely to be accepted and there was no movement since June 19th two week ago :/ Glad to hear someone managed to get off the waitlist though. Good luck to everyone if you're applying again this cycle!

Just got an email stating that their class is full. I will upload the statistics for this class for the waitlist if anyone wants to know.

"At the conclusion of regular MD program final file reviews, we had an alternate list of 190 candidates. Seven percent (7%) of those candidates were offered acceptance. Sixty-two percent (62%) of the candidates who were offered admission from the alternate list accepted the offer."

Good luck to everyone on their future plans :)

Just got an email stating that their class is full. I will upload the statistics for this class for the waitlist if anyone wants to know.

"At the conclusion of regular MD program final file reviews, we had an alternate list of 190 candidates. Seven percent (7%) of those candidates were offered acceptance. Sixty-two percent (62%) of the candidates who were offered admission from the alternate list accepted the offer."

Good luck to everyone on their future plans :)
Was literally posting something similar as the alert flag came up on SDN.

Doing the math: this means 13 total students were offered a spot off the waitlist (8 took the offer, 5 did not). This seems like a down year for waitlist movement unfortunately.