2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still have not received a rejection from Toledo yet. The only school that I applied to that has not sent me anything since I applied. Strange.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who heard back today, when did you interview?

Does anyone know if the financial aid awards emails have been sent? They said that it would be 10 days or sooner from April 26th and its past 10 days from that date now.

Does anyone know if the financial aid awards emails have been sent? They said that it would be 10 days or sooner from April 26th and its past 10 days from that date now.
I received something recently at my utoledo email address

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I got an email about it last Thursday. Also if you go to MyUT account and go to the financial aid section you'll probably see your aid.

Hmm is it the OOP for the semester? I logged in and look and I show nothing so I called the financial aid office and they said that they have not gotten to Fall 2018 aid packages yet because they are still working on Summer 2018.

For those who have interviewed... how did you prepare? did you know a lot about the school before hand or was the MMI totally random scenario questions? For instance, was there a question "why Toledo".... anything would help!

For those who have interviewed... how did you prepare? did you know a lot about the school before hand or was the MMI totally random scenario questions? For instance, was there a question "why Toledo".... anything would help!
The MMI is strictly scenarios. There were no school-specific questions during the interviews.

Withdrew from the waitlist today. Hopefully this increases someone's chances of being accepted once waitlist movement starts!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

It's a MMI.

So you read a little scenario for two minutes, bell rings, you enter the room. There is one person in there who you share your answer/solution. That person could be a doctor, student, or professor. Most of the MMI center around (at least from my experience) diversity and working together. One of your questions will be really really dumb, like 'why are you asking this dumb question' dumb? Just roll with it. They'll know if you're nervous, so look confident and SMILE. I cracked jokes (when appropriate) at my interviews. As my first and only medical school interview, I nailed it because I was very open. I tend to think out loud so when I was answering, I would sit there and say out loud all sides of a situation and try to find the "best" outcome to go with.

Minoring in philosophy and doing a lot of debates during undergrad helped.

Good luck.

Do you have an upcoming interview? I thought the last day was May 4?

I got waitlisted last week, and I interviewed 3/29.
According to the email, WL have to wait until everyone interviews before they start pulling from the WL?
Do they keep in account who has been on the WL the longest?

Also- do they just WL everyone instead of sending out rejections?

I'm so anxious!! I just want to know already.

Do you have an upcoming interview? I thought the last day was May 4?

How did you figure that the last day to interview was May 4?
Does anyone know when the last day to interview is?

I know they interview regular applicants on the 18 and 19 of May. That was when I was originally scheduled to interview.

I looked at the academic calendar for this year and they still have interview dates going on until end of May

I looked at the academic calendar for this year and they still have interview dates going on until end of May

Where did you find this? Do they have a specific date, because I have a friend that is interviewing this month and they said the last date was the 18th of May that they could register for. Just wanted to double check :)

Were any scholarships awarded other than the Mission Forward one yet?

I called earlier, and apparently tomorrow is the last interview date. They don't have any idea when they'll be able to start taking people off of the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
I called earlier, and apparently tomorrow is the last interview date. They don't have any idea when they'll be able to start taking people off of the waitlist.

Thanks for calling! I'm waitlisted and my anxiety is getting the best of me. :help:

Thanks for calling! I'm waitlisted and my anxiety is getting the best of me. :help:

No problem. That's true for all of us. I don't think anyone really understands what's going on at this point.:shrug:

Waitlisted 3/29

I assume that was the last interview date in March. Anyone know how many interview dates were in April and May? I'm just curious ~how many applicants need to be evaluated before they might get to the waitlist (approximately.)

I assume that was the last interview date in March. Anyone know how many interview dates were in April and May? I'm just curious ~how many applicants need to be evaluated before they might get to the waitlist (approximately.)
There weren’t any interviews in April. I think three or 4 dates in May.

It was just conjecture based on what I had read in this thread, coupled with an assumption that the adcom wouldn't want too many interviews past traffic day (April 30). Obviously wrong - I apologize for the confusion. Seems like we have some concrete information confirming interviews are over now though.

There weren’t any interviews in April. I think three or 4 dates in May.

In that case, I think we might be getting close-ish to them starting to look at the waitlist. If they're in the middle of looking at interviewees from 3/29 (Idk how far along they are on that day specifically), they'll probably start looking at the May applicants sometime next week. It should take them less time to get through those 60-80 applicants than 60-80 applicants since they know roughly how many spots are left open, and what the waitlist looks like, plus they don't have to worry about any upcoming interviews. I'm (optimistically) thinking that they might start taking people off of the waitlist in the first couple weeks of June.

Reactions: 1 users
In that case, I think we might be getting close-ish to them starting to look at the waitlist. If they're in the middle of looking at interviewees from 3/29 (Idk how far along they are on that day specifically), they'll probably start looking at the May applicants sometime next week. It should take them less time to get through those 60-80 applicants than 60-80 applicants since they know roughly how many spots are left open, and what the waitlist looks like, plus they don't have to worry about any upcoming interviews. I'm (optimistically) thinking that they might start taking people off of the waitlist in the first couple weeks of June.

I was told that the only interview dates that they had in May were the 3rd, 4th, and 18th. Not sure if the interview dates were completely full but if they were, we are looking at about 60 more candidates they will be looking over.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!!!! Interviewed May 4th!!! I can't believe I heard back so quickly!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!!!! Interviewed May 4th!!! I can't believe I heard back so quickly!
Nice! Also confirms that there are remaining spots open for everyone on the waitlist... Unless you took the last one!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone from 5/3 interview date heard back? I see someone from 5/4 heard back so I am wondering if the earlier date did as well?

Does anyone think/know if there will be anymore waitlist movement?

They haven’t even gotten to the waitlist yet...

Sorry, I meant when will there be waitlist movement? And if anyone knows any estimates on how many people they take from it

Sorry, I meant when will there be waitlist movement? And if anyone knows any estimates on how many people they take from it
Well, they are apparently looking at people that have interviewed in May. There were 3 interview dates in May according to someone further up, so, based on how long they've taken up to now (taking into account that they don't have to worry about upcoming interviews), I'd guess that they'll get to the waitlist sometime in early-mid June.

Finally sent my letter of intent the other day! I'm so nervous. (I'm sorry if you thought this was a notification about interview decisions)

Giving up my spot here. Bittersweet, the first school to give me an interview and an acceptance! Seemed like a great place at second look. Hope one of you gets the spot, this community has been a great group!

Reactions: 6 users
Hello all! Any incoming M1s have an extra white coat ceremony ticket to spare? I need 1 extra (they only give out 4). Please message me if you can. Thanks!

Apparently they are really close to being done evaluating their last interviewees, and they hope to get to the waitlist by the end of this week!