2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Complete 8/4, OOS. Are the only interview dates 9/7?! I have an interview IS on 9/8 :(

Edit: Emailed to reschedule, hopefully it'll work out.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning!!! IS complete 7/25

There were 3 available days in Sept. and 2 in October when I was scheduling

Looks like they're not reviewing applications chronologically. In fact, it's almost like they're going backwards by complete date. That's a nice relief.

II! LM 68, Complete 7/28. There was only one date left in Sept and 2 in October when I looked

For anyone who interviewed last week, do you have any hints/tips for the interview? I'm interviewing this week and don't know what exactly to expect

Reactions: 4 users
II sometime last week. First available date was in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Can I message anyone who has already interviewed here this cycle about their experience?

Verified 8/27, but haven't yet heard from the school :(
MCAT 513, cGPA 3.68, gGPA 3.86

Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't have any dates in November and December right? The earliest available interview was January, when I scheduled a week ago.

Does Toledo email you if you get an II or is it just updated in the portal? Trying to gauge how frantically and often I should be checking the portal

Received an interview invitation this morning! Earliest date offered is January 19th. Anyone else hear back yet? Advice for the MMI style?

Just got an interview invite this morning! First available date was late January

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that just got an II: first, congrats! Second, would you mind sharing your complete date and IS OOS status?

Received an interview invitation this morning! Earliest date offered is January 19th. Anyone else hear back yet? Advice for the MMI style?
Did you find out through your portal or did they email you?

My advice for MMIs (I'm preparing for one myself and find these tips helpful) is to google common MMI scenarios and practice your ethical reasoning. My biggest fear is the length of time I'm going to have to talk for, and one tip I was given is to take time talking about both sides of a dilemma.

For example, one of the bizarre scenarios I've come across was the following: "A woman comes into the hospital having suffered an abdominal aneurysm(?), and the only treatment option is surgery. The surgery has a 50/50 survival rate but without it, she is sure to die. Time is of the essence, and the woman chooses not to get the surgery for fear it will leave a visible scar. She is an exotic dancer and her body is key to her income. The doctor goes along and anesthetize's the woman (I honestly don't even get how one does this) and proceeds to perform the surgery. She survives and later sues the hospital for millions of dollars. Can the doctor's actions be justified?

I was told to ultimately make a decision of whether it can be justified or not, but talk about both sides before doing so. I.e. talk about why you understand the doctor's urgency and inherent need to perform the surgery but also discuss why it can be considered unlawful or wrong (like he obviously violated and neglected the medical principle of patient autonomy and what not).

I'm honestly terrified for my interview and each question I come across seems bizarre but I've been taking tips from my school's career center and also have been googling some scenarios on my own. Hope this helps!

I received my ii this morning as well. I was complete September 17 and I am oos.

II! So excited! OOS, complete 8/25

Wow quick turn around! Mind sharing your stats?
Not very competitive to be honest. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I just hope I get accepted

Last edited:
Not very competitive to be honest. Mcat 499, ugpa 3.13, grad gpa 3.7. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I just hope I get accepted
You have the same stats I do! MCAT 499 with 3.6 c/s gpa. This gives me hope. Congrats!

You have the same stats I do! MCAT 499 with 3.6 c/s gpa. This gives me hope. Congrats!
oh wow thanks, well you have a better overall gpa than me I think you definitely have hope , hang in there.

Does anyone know if the get together with current students the night before includes food or should I plan to eat beforehand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who has previously interviewed willing to share pointers concerning the mmi style. This will be my first mmi interview and I'm very nervous. I love this school and want to make sure I do everything I can to prepare

Anyone who has previously interviewed willing to share pointers concerning the mmi style. This will be my first mmi interview and I'm very nervous. I love this school and want to make sure I do everything I can to prepare

It’s not so bad, and it’s nothing you can “prepare” too much for. There are 10 stations total, with 2 stations being “break” stations meaning you get to sit in a room alone and collect your thoughts before you keep going. It moves really really fast! You only get to discuss the prompt with the interviewer for 6 minutes if I remember correctly, then it’s on to the next room. So just be prepared for that, and remember to not get flustered! If you do bad on one station, let it go before reading the next prompt. I know that’s easier said than done, but each room is a “fresh start” so take advantage of that.

During my interview, we had a little issue with the PA system where we couldn’t hear the directions at one point, so just be flexible and try not to stress if that happens.

As for the prompts, they asked a wide variety of things that focused on your creative thinking/problem solving skills, ethical reasoning, and leadership/teamwork skills in a sort of “what would you do?” type of question, and most of them were NOT directly related to medicine or science. Nothing too hard at all! The best thing to do is just be honest, answer the question, and back up your answer with confidence. You can look up practice MMI questions to get a feel for what could be asked, but personally I did that and none of the questions on interview day were the same as what I found on Google haha.

Don’t be nervous! I had a great time at UT. And you should be proud of yourself, you’ve already cleared the biggest hurdle which is getting the interview in the first place, so congrats!! You’ll do great :)

It’s not so bad, and it’s nothing you can “prepare” too much for. There are 10 stations total, with 2 stations being “break” stations meaning you get to sit in a room alone and collect your thoughts before you keep going. It moves really really fast! You only get to discuss the prompt with the interviewer for 6 minutes if I remember correctly, then it’s on to the next room. So just be prepared for that, and remember to not get flustered! If you do bad on one station, let it go before reading the next prompt. I know that’s easier said than done, but each room is a “fresh start” so take advantage of that.

During my interview, we had a little issue with the PA system where we couldn’t hear the directions at one point, so just be flexible and try not to stress if that happens.

As for the prompts, they asked a wide variety of things that focused on your creative thinking/problem solving skills, ethical reasoning, and leadership/teamwork skills in a sort of “what would you do?” type of question, and most of them were NOT directly related to medicine or science. Nothing too hard at all! The best thing to do is just be honest, answer the question, and back up your answer with confidence. You can look up practice MMI questions to get a feel for what could be asked, but personally I did that and none of the questions on interview day were the same as what I found on Google haha.

Don’t be nervous! I had a great time at UT. And you should be proud of yourself, you’ve already cleared the biggest hurdle which is getting the interview in the first place, so congrats!! You’ll do great :)

Should we leave time for them to ask follow up questions or try to take the whole 6 mins?

Should we leave time for them to ask follow up questions or try to take the whole 6 mins?

Leave time for them to talk and ask follow up questions! After I answered the prompt I was asked about ~3 follow up questions. Kind of like “okay, good answer....but now what if THIS happened?” The prompts also aren’t very long or complex, so I don’t think I would have been able to talk about it for 6 minutes even if I tried without just repeating myself.

Any reason this page has less activity than those for similar schools? Is Toledo just not giving out that many interviews?

Does anyone know when acceptances will go out? I know that it took them awhile last year, but the year before that, acceptances were sent starting October 15th!

Does anyone know when acceptances will go out? I know that it took them awhile last year, but the year before that, acceptances were sent starting October 15th!
I just got the accepted email! They only accepted 20 people today.

Reactions: 6 users

Thanks for your input it gives me a better idea of what to expect that day.

Congrats to all those accepted. Unfortunately for me I have my interview scheduled all the way till January. I hope they still have room then to take new people.
I just got the accepted email! They only accepted 20 people today.

Oh my gosh - acceptance! I'm so happy!
As for the 20 people so far, they sent out an additional email containing a list of people they sent acceptances to today

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what your status is if you interviewed in early September but didn't receive a decision yesterday? Are we just on hold/waitlist?

8/2 complete IS---still silence and I'm feeling some kind of way...