2017-2018 University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning :) Interviewed Oct. 19. LS 73

Ahhh!! Congratulations! I’m still waiting to hear back from them. So nervous!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Email around 10am.

Sure. They do the MMI and will give you some advice/pointers just prior to the interview about what to expect and what they're looking for. I prepared by googling MMI scenarios and practicing with a friend the two days before my interview. What's important is that you can come to a conclusion, explain it clearly, and defend it (without being arrogant or defensive - it's okay to admit there are positives and negatives to each opinion). Maybe spend some time reading out loud everyday just to practice pronunciation, diction, and syntax. Know your life experiences and activities so you have strong source material.

Be professional, be a human being, don't be a jack*ss, and enjoy it. At the end of the day, you're just having 8 different discussions of random topics.
Thank you for that valuable info. Did you have any questions that threw you off or were completely extreme?

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Rather unexpected since I'm OOS with no regional ties. Will withdraw my app so here's hoping one of you gets my spot :)

Reactions: 3 users
II! IS complete 7/28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Have they already had the financial aid and academic enrichment webinars they talked about on interview day? If so, anywhere I can go to view a recording of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II! OOS with ties to the region!

When does Toledo stop sending out Interview invitations?

Can any current students speak to where the best areas to live are especially with a family?

Reactions: 1 user
To those that are interviewing on January 19th are you going to the mixer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!!! Interviewed 10/27
Go Rockets!

Reactions: 6 users
Omg yay!!! Accepted just now!! I’m so excited!!

Reactions: 5 users
just joined, but I got II on 11/2 and originally scheduled interview for 2/9, but I am from the area and asked about moving interview up and now am 1/19!! anyone know if they accept updates before the interview?

just joined, but I got II on 11/2 and originally scheduled interview for 2/9, but I am from the area and asked about moving interview up and now am 1/19!! anyone know if they accept updates before the interview?
There is a spot on the application to post updates.

I would send an update only if it is significant

Last edited:
From their website "Please note that we accept updates to your application only if it is sent in an electronic format as an attachment to an email. This is the most efficient way to connect it with your file. Updates should be sent to [osu email]"

I would send an update only if it is significant
do you mean send it to the toledo email? or was this a quote from Ohio States website?

I got an II earlier today! Literally just saw the email!

But ok, so dumb question here. Does doing well in the interview automatically mean you are accepted? I would imagine all those interviewing would do good in their interviews so how then does the school reject some. Basically, what I'm asking, can you be rejected even if you do great in your interviews?

I am sure anything is possible.. I have friends who have been waitlisted but got in last minute as well.
But don't worry you will do fine and get in :)

But ok, so dumb question here. Does doing well in the interview automatically mean you are accepted? I would imagine all those interviewing would do good in their interviews so how then does the school reject some. Basically, what I'm asking, can you be rejected even if you do great in your interviews?

No, I don't believe it's that simple. It also depends on the number of seats available, so you not only have to interview well, but also better than the other applicants who are vying for the same spots. After your interview, the interviewers will score you and based on your score (that I think would include other variables such as MCAT score and GPA), they will determine whether to accept, waitlist, or reject. I'm not an adcom by any means so take my words with a grain of salt. This is just what I've gathered from my experiences researching and interviewing.

Are they still giving out II? Been complete since mid-sept.

If anyone who interviewed has a minute: What did you think about UT compared to other schools you interviewed at? Not any particular reason, just curious if anyone isn't super busy.

Ok, just thought I'd ask. I was under the impression that interviews were given to those whose scores were fit for the university (like why offer an interview to someone who had a 472 mcat and 2.9 GPA only to tell them you're rejected for example).

Now, does UT's MMI (or any MMI) only ask like ethical/scenario type questions, because I thought for sure there would be the infamous "why medicine" question and those more direct personal type questions?
Also, does anyone have a rough estimate of what percentage of those interviewed at UT are eventually given an acceptance? I read somewhere that there were 2 types of schools when it came to interview and acceptances. Some schools would have like 15-30% acceptances from interviewees, and others would accept around 60-75% of interviewees. I wanted to know which UT was. And what those percentages are later in the cycle?

Ok, just thought I'd ask. I was under the impression that interviews were given to those whose scores were fit for the university (like why offer an interview to someone who had a 472 mcat and 2.9 GPA only to tell them you're rejected for example).

Now, does UT's MMI (or any MMI) only ask like ethical/scenario type questions, because I thought for sure there would be the infamous "why medicine" question and those more direct personal type questions?
Also, does anyone have a rough estimate of what percentage of those interviewed at UT are eventually given an acceptance? I read somewhere that there were 2 types of schools when it came to interview and acceptances. Some schools would have like 15-30% acceptances from interviewees, and others would accept around 60-75% of interviewees. I wanted to know which UT was. And what those percentages are later in the cycle?
I have the exact same question. Why offer an interview to someone that no matter how well they do in their interview they have no chance at acceptance because of their stats.
I believe for out of state interviewees this school has a 65% acceptance rate and that’s even higher for in state interviewees. Someone posted a worksheet with all of that info on reddit.
I am also wondering about the traditional questions so if anyone know if sometime during the mmi we encounter these questions it would be great to know.

I had a question for the people who have interviewed. Were the interviews open book or closed book? What I mean by this is did they have your resume and essays with them, or did they have any knowledge of them during your interview? If so, did any of the questions focus on these activities?

Got my interview schedule for March. Is it possible that I’m just simply interviewing for a spot on the waitlist? I feel like the odds of an acceptance go down once you’re interviewing so far in the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had a question for the people who have interviewed. Were the interviews open book or closed book? What I mean by this is did they have your resume and essays with them, or did they have any knowledge of them during your interview? If so, did any of the questions focus on these activities?

I interviewed back in October so my memory is a little hazy, but from what I can recall, I don't think I had a station that really asked me about my application. It's MMI format with specific scenarios they wanted us to discuss. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Got my interview schedule for March. Is it possible that I’m just simply interviewing for a spot on the waitlist? I feel like the odds of an acceptance go down once you’re interviewing so far in the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Spots do dwindle as time passes, but I doubt schools will waste resources by interviewing applicants for waitlist spots. Just crush the interviews and hope for the best and you'll have a decent shot at an acceptance. My friend matriculated into a school that interviewed him in March, just to give you a different perspective. Good luck!

Any idea what my odds are this late in the cycle? 3.87/513/IS. Complete 10/2.

I had an additional question about the interviews. During the interview, do you just have a conversation with the interviewer or is there an additional person who is the actor. For example, if the situation involves a 14-year-old girl, will there be a girl in there for us to converse with who is playing the role? I have heard of some schools doing this but was wondering if Toledo did this.

I had an additional question about the interviews. During the interview, do you just have a conversation with the interviewer or is there an additional person who is the actor. For example, if the situation involves a 14-year-old girl, will there be a girl in there for us to converse with who is playing the role? I have heard of some schools doing this but was wondering if Toledo did this.

No, the MMIs at Toledo were very straight forward with just an interviewer at each station and no "trick" situations or role-playing/actor ones. Very laid-back!

I was scheduled for January, but was called and asked to interview earlier. It was very short notice - like 2 days notice (called on Tuesday, interview on Thursday). Someone must have canceled their interview, and UT scrambled to get it filled. I'm from this region, and had previously told them that my schedule is very flexible, so that's probably why they called me.

How did you inform them about your schedule/availability prior to their call?

When will we find out if we are rejected by the school? Been complete since 8/26 and submitted update in November. Is there still a chance that I could receive an interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Update 1/17/18:

When I initially received my interview invite, I was concerned I had misread the interview schedule. I emailed and asked them to confirm that January was the earliest date available. They confirmed. I responded with something to the effect of "I'm very flexible and in the region. If anything opens earlier, I'd be available at a moment's notice" ... They never responded to this email and I don't know if it even played a part in my earlier interview.

• Followed your advice and sent them an e-mail yesterday that I was a local and that I was flexible if they were to have a cancellation. Today I got an e-mail back saying that my 3/29 appointment could be moved up to this month because someone had canceled!

• After my secondary was complete I started working as a scribe with doctors of various specialties, but it wasn't in my application under experience. Should I update them on that or what?

• Now that my interview is much closer, I'm going to need any tips, pointers, advice, red flags to watch out for, resources to use, just anything that can help, not just me but everyone else applying!

• "TOL-"