You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Virginia Commonwealth University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bueller? Bueller?....Congrats to all who got accepted!Anyone IS?
D
deleted787552
Anyone hear anything today? It's been too quite for 'days after traffic day' here. Makes me wonder if not that many people gave up their spots
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checking to make sure: beyond the orientation website and portal, are there any other important web-related things that have been sent out? for example, I don't see a place for financial aid rewards/loan dispersal.... or how to make use of the banner # (such as to set up a VCU email). Is it just too early or has this stuff already been sent out?
Just withdrew today. Ended up off the waitlist at my top choice. Hope this goes to someone who needs it just like I did the beginning of this week! 🙂
Just checking to make sure: beyond the orientation website and portal, are there any other important web-related things that have been sent out? for example, I don't see a place for financial aid rewards/loan dispersal.... or how to make use of the banner # (such as to set up a VCU email). Is it just too early or has this stuff already been sent out?
Seems like these things will be sent 7-14 business days after your initial acceptance and submission of matriculation forms
have you received them?Seems like these things will be sent 7-14 business days after your initial acceptance and submission of matriculation forms
just got tabs!!!!!! first acceptance OH MY GOSH. this better be real i swear
Congrats! It’s been pretty silent here the past few days so at least there’s more movement. Are you IS or OOS?just got tabs!!!!!! first acceptance OH MY GOSH. this better be real i swear
OOS! i hope you guys get some more movement today! I just checked my portal randomly and it had updated! praying for you guys!Congrats! It’s been pretty silent here the past few days so at least there’s more movement. Are you IS or OOS?
Congrats Do you mind sharing your statsOOS! i hope you guys get some more movement today! I just checked my portal randomly and it had updated! praying for you guys!
yeah i messaged you!Congrats Do you mind sharing your stats
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!
Congrats, do you mind sharing your stat here? tnxjust got tabs!!!!!! first acceptance OH MY GOSH. this better be real i swear
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan to withdraw. Hopefully something great happens to one of you!
just got accepted to my in-state public school in NJ so i will also most likely be withdrawing. sad to be leaving VA after being here for 4 years for undergrad. hope my spot goes to someone else who needs it as much as i did!
Withdrew my OOS acceptance. Godspeed to those on the waitlist!
Seems like IS movement has been really slow so far! I've heard there'll be some more movement in second half of May and early June. Have you guys heard anything like that? any hope?!
D
deleted787552
It seems like ALL movement is so slow. I haven’t seen many oos acceptances here either recently. I hope you’re right and we all get in in the upcoming weeksSeems like IS movement has been really slow so far! I've heard there'll be some more movement in second half of May and early June. Have you guys heard anything like that? any hope?!
It wouldn’t hurt to update themIs it worth it to update VCU with a final grade (last class of grad program)? I know the list is ranked but....
#I'mDyin'OvaHere
D
deleted787552
It wouldn't hurt to give it a try but do know that they said your file is closed and nothing new will be looked at last time I called to check.Is it worth it to update VCU with a final grade (last class of grad program)? I know the list is ranked but....
#I'mDyin'OvaHere
Hoping for that IS love soon but congrats nonetheless to those OOS who got accepted!
Hoping for that IS love soon but congrats nonetheless to those OOS who got accepted!
I'm stoked to see some movement for those OOS-ers, congrats 🙂
Seriously though, why no IS acceptance posts?
Probably just sdn reporting biasI'm stoked to see some movement for those OOS-ers, congrats 🙂
Seriously though, why no IS acceptance posts?Is this normal? I figured OOS would have more movement but not that IS would have none... (at least according to SDN)
D
deleted787552
Is it possible that VCU overfilled it's class and that's why movement has been so slow? If they already handed out a lot more acceptances beforehand, then we're all just waiting around. I feel like there haven't been many acceptance posts in general compared to previous years but maybe that's just meI'm stoked to see some movement for those OOS-ers, congrats 🙂
Seriously though, why no IS acceptance posts?Is this normal? I figured OOS would have more movement but not that IS would have none... (at least according to SDN)
From previous years threads it seems many IS people got in around late May
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787552
Did you get an email or just randomly check your portal?OOS acceptance today!!!
Hey guys I was lucky enough to be recently accepted to VCU but I wanted to see the financial aid package before making a decision. How does the process work? Do I have to submit all the matriculation forms before getting that info? I'm afraid if I do that my other acceptance will be dropped. Thanks in advance!
Hope it is true!Is it possible that VCU overfilled it's class and that's why movement has been so slow? If they already handed out a lot more acceptances beforehand, then we're all just waiting around. I feel like there haven't been many acceptance posts in general compared to previous years but maybe that's just me
From previous years threads it seems many IS people got in around late May
D
deleted787552
I hope it’s not lol. They usually only accept the exact amount of people per classs and stick everyone else on the waitlist. If they overaccepted that means less of us are getting off hereHope it is true!
I hope it’s not lol. They usually only accept the exact amount of people per classs and stick everyone else on the waitlist. If they overaccepted that means less of us are getting off here
Hope this is true:
From previous years threads it seems many IS people got in around late May
D
deleted787552
Don't quote me on that lol. It's been a while since I've obsessively stalked previous years threads and by that I mean less than a weekHope this is true:
From previous years threads it seems many IS people got in around late May
I got an email around 5pm!Did you get an email or just randomly check your portal?
Withdrew my application today. Broke my heart. I was so excited about this school, but they never got back to me about financial aid and I had to let my instate school know my decision. Hope it goes to one of you awesome people. Sorry it’s not much help to you IS folks.
Hey guys I was lucky enough to be recently accepted to VCU but I wanted to see the financial aid package before making a decision. How does the process work? Do I have to submit all the matriculation forms before getting that info? I'm afraid if I do that my other acceptance will be dropped. Thanks in advance!
I’ve been calling every few days for the past couple weeks trying to get my info. I think once you submit you matriculation fee and form you will be added to the list, but like you said that could be an issue with the other school because you aren’t suppose to hold multiple acceptances at once. I would just call admission or financial aid to make sure they know to consider you for scholarships and stuff. Sounded like the next meeting would be at the end of May. I ended up having to withdraw because they never were able to get me any information. I hope you have better luck!
We put so much time, money, and energy into our applications but sometimes even after retaking MCAT, doing a whole lot of clinical/community work, attending grad school, and so on, nothing happens other than just a couple of waitlists. And while we're waiting, each day feels like a decade. Then the fear of rejection or, even worse, having to wait till August makes me hopeless and depressed. Especially knowing the fact that the chance of getting off the waitlist is pretty random and slim.
On the flip side tho, I tend to think of my dream career, medicine, as my "dying patient". So then I say to myself, If I'm going to become a doctor, would I be a good one if I give up on a dying patient like this? I don't think so! Good doctors don't give up on anyone at any time till the patient is officially gone. Sometimes they do 20 hours surgeries to save them, and sometimes they see paralyzed patients walk again. So everything is possible! Now, I have this "patient" still breathing, and as a good doctor-to-be, I don't want to give up on him. Not this cycle, and not in the future. This patient has to live, and I'll do everything in my power to get him back on his feet. Now, the question is how far you are willing to go to save a fellow?
On the flip side tho, I tend to think of my dream career, medicine, as my "dying patient". So then I say to myself, If I'm going to become a doctor, would I be a good one if I give up on a dying patient like this? I don't think so! Good doctors don't give up on anyone at any time till the patient is officially gone. Sometimes they do 20 hours surgeries to save them, and sometimes they see paralyzed patients walk again. So everything is possible! Now, I have this "patient" still breathing, and as a good doctor-to-be, I don't want to give up on him. Not this cycle, and not in the future. This patient has to live, and I'll do everything in my power to get him back on his feet. Now, the question is how far you are willing to go to save a fellow?
Last edited:
Accepted yesterday evening! OOS LM 68
This is how checking my portal daily makes me feel
. Fortunately, it looks like there should be a lot of movement the beginning of June based on last years thread. I will be clinging to that for the rest of the month...
. Fortunately, it looks like there should be a lot of movement the beginning of June based on last years thread. I will be clinging to that for the rest of the month...Painfully withdrew from here earlier this week! Got accepted off the wait list not too long ago. I was passed up on all 4 acceptance dates if knowing that helps.
Not much movement even after the May 15th date... Hard to imagine there will be much movement later on 🙁
D
deleted787552
Maybe there will be later now that those with WL offers are withdrawing? It is weird tho since there’s usually a ton of movement at this schoolNot much movement even after the May 15th date... Hard to imagine there will be much movement later on 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone decided what laptop they're going to get? RIP my macbook
D
deleted787552
Congrats! Email or random portal check?ACCEPTED FROM THE WL THIS MORNING!!!!! I've been a silent lurker on this forum for forever but I made an account so I can say don't give up hope you guys!! (OOS, LM 68.6)
Thank you! I randomly checked this morning to find tabs and received the email around 7 hrs later.Congrats! Email or random portal check?
D
deleted787552
Hey everyone! Got back into stalking previous years forums for motivation and it looks like the first week of June was a big week for acceptances. I counted at least 7 and then a couple more the week after. Let's keep hope alive!
Anyone IS?