2017-2018 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this seems to be the VCU undergrad and not the med school tho?

Sorry couldn’t be more helpful.

I personally know a current M1 who worked an entire year in Richmond during gap year before enrolling to claim in state residency. So I’m assuming that not every OOS can become IS automatically after year 1.

Better call MCV financial aid office to confirm. Best of luck

this seems to be the VCU undergrad and not the med school tho?
They stated during the my interview day (and I believe it is in the financial aid packet they gave out) that it is very hard for an OOS student to get instate tuition at any time during the 4 years. You have to prove that you are primarily not residing in Virginia only for the purpose of attending VCU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted on Friday, IS. Looks like this farmer is not going back to the farm.

Reactions: 6 users
I guess the next round of acceptances must be after traffic day
I wouldn’t expect them to accept people on traffic day and have them have <24 hours to decide

Reactions: 1 user
Since today is Traffic day, are we expecting to hear back tomorrow whether or not we are accepted or will it be throughout the day?

Since today is Traffic day, are we expecting to hear back tomorrow whether or not we are accepted or will it be throughout the day?
I’d bet on tomorrow through July with most movement being in may. I could be wrong but I think people have until the end of today to give up spots so there’s a high chance they’ll wait it out and start sending acceptances tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I paid the $100 deposit, then I should be safe right? I'm planning to withdraw my acceptance at another school to attend to VCU and I'm being paranoid that something happens and my acceptance here is rescinded lol
Yes you are good to go as long as you withdrew from the other school. Congrats with your decision!

As Traffic Day comes to an end, I just wanted to say congrats to all the people who withdrew their acceptances! I’m sure it was a tough decision, but at the end of the day, at least you know where you’ll be going to medical school!

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my acceptance here as well. Loved VCU, but ultimately had other places that I preferred. Hoping the spot goes to one of you!

Dead silence :scared:.... No one got an acceptance after traffic day?!

Dead silence :scared:.... No one got an acceptance after traffic day?!
Judging from last year's movement, the first sdn reported acceptance wasn't until May 10 so maybe they're just slow? Or so many people dropped out and they're planning on sending a mass acceptance portal update?

Just got the matriculation tabs!! First acceptance and this is my top choice!!! OOS

Reactions: 9 users
do people think they are gonna do mass acceptances or start updating people's portals one by one?

I have tabs! Now just waiting on the email! I think I'll feel like they made a mistake until then!

Reactions: 5 users
Matriculation tabs just now. Just checked the portal on a whim. 1st acceptance, Lizzy M 71, OOS.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats everyone!!!! Ahhh can't believe there's already movement!

So how should I interpret no tabs? :arghh:
... show me some IS love VCU ...

Reactions: 5 users
AHHH!!! I CHECKED MY PORTAL ON A WHIM!!!

....and the alternate list tabs continue to mock me

AHHH!!! I CHECKED MY PORTAL ON A WHIM!!!

....and the alternate list tabs continue to mock me
+pissed+

...but on a serious note: congrats to everyone so far and I hope waitlist movement continues throughout this week for the rest of us!

Reactions: 2 users
yo I almost freaked out for you this broke my heart homie
Haha thanks man. Only way I’m getting through the next few months is by having a sense of humor. Couldn’t resist interrupting the flow and throwing people off. I’m happy for everyone that did get in today!

Hoping for good news for the rest of us!

Congrats to all those who were accepted today! It's always nice to see people on here getting into their dream schools and hopefully the rest of us will hear back soon! I heard that May 15th will be the next time we should be expecting a lot of WL movement, but I'm not sure why. Anyone care to explain?

Congrats to all those who were accepted today! It's always nice to see people on here getting into their dream schools and hopefully the rest of us will hear back soon! I heard that May 15th will be the next time we should be expecting a lot of WL movement, but I'm not sure why. Anyone care to explain?
I think it has something to do with people getting accepted from waitlist having two weeks to decide but not 100% on that. If someone else has more info I would love to hear it.

I think it has something to do with people getting accepted from waitlist having two weeks to decide but not 100% on that. If someone else has more info I would love to hear it.

I'm so glad that gives us 14 more days to go crazy... I mean, who cares about mental sanity...
:boom:

Yes, so I got two offers last week, just days before traffic day. I called VCU to ask about how much time I had to make my decision, especially because it will depend quite heavily on my financial aid packet, and that takes a little while to come in. Basically, you CANNOT hold multiple acceptances, but you CAN have multiple offers. So I accepted VCU’s offer and paid my deposit. I have two weeks to let the other school know my decision and pay my deposit there. I could make my decision anytime in those two weeks and then a spot might open for one of you, but most likely I’ll take those two weeks because that’s probably how long it’ll take for financial aid info. People are hearing and deciding and withdrawing all the time. I don’t think there’s going to be anything particularly different about the 15th specifically but it makes sense that a lot of people get offers on the 1st, take two weeks to decide, then the next bout goes it the 15th. I’ll try to make my decision ASAP. Hang on to your sanity just a little longer!

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, so I got two offers last week, just days before traffic day. I called VCU to ask about how much time I had to make my decision, especially because it will depend quite heavily on my financial aid packet, and that takes a little while to come in. Basically, you CANNOT hold multiple acceptances, but you CAN have multiple offers. So I accepted VCU’s offer and paid my deposit. I have two weeks to let the other school know my decision and pay my deposit there. I could make my decision anytime in those two weeks and then a spot might open for one of you, but most likely I’ll take those two weeks because that’s probably how long it’ll take for financial aid info. People are hearing and deciding and withdrawing all the time. I don’t think there’s going to be anything particularly different about the 15th specifically but it makes sense that a lot of people get offers on the 1st, take two weeks to decide, then the next bout goes it the 15th. I’ll try to make my decision ASAP. Hang on to your sanity just a little longer!
Thank you for the response and good luck!

So I just heard back from another med school saying that I was accepted. However, VCU is my #1 choice. Is this something worth updating VCU about or no?

Congrats to people who got in! Is anyone doing the pre-matriculation program? I haven’t received any new info on it but it seems like a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to people who got in! Is anyone doing the pre-matriculation program? I haven’t received any new info on it but it seems like a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Are there any specified dates for the program? My parents really want to do a Europe trip over the summer and it’ll be contingent on my program dates :oops:

So I just heard back from another med school saying that I was accepted. However, VCU is my #1 choice. Is this something worth updating VCU about or no?

Congrats! I would do it if you went from 0 -> 1 acceptance because that would change your answer to the alternate lis

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I would do it if you went from 0 -> 1 acceptance because that would change your answer to the alternate lis
That’s a good point. I did go from 0 -> 1 so I guess it’s worth mentioning. Thanks!