2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, rejected. Interviewed 1/22. Super bummed.

Members don't see this ad :)
time is running short it seems to get an II here....no recent invites?

Reactions: 3 users
Just received a II earlier this morning, but planning to withdraw so I hope it goes to one of y’all waiting :)

Reactions: 6 users
Got an invite this morning, but it didn't let me log in to the portal to schedule

Reactions: 1 user
Are we supposed to have done anything for financial aid yet? The financial aid questionnaire is not up for this year yet, correct?

Are we supposed to have done anything for financial aid yet? The financial aid questionnaire is not up for this year yet, correct?

Things are a lil crazy at the financial aid office right now with the switch to Einstein being it's own degree-giving institution which means they have to switch all our current federal loans from Yeshiva to Einstein with a new FAFSA code and stuff, so I'm assuming they're trying to work out the current student situation before accepted students. To help with timeline, we have to submit our loan forms by next week.

Waitlisted. Kinda bummed but what did I expect this late?

Which one is HPWL and which is regular?

Waitlisted. Kinda bummed but what did I expect this late?

Which one is HPWL and which is regular?
Hey what did your email say?

Mine said they were impressed and asked if i was interested in attending but didnt really say anything about waitlist?

Hey what did your email say?

Mine said they were impressed and asked if i was interested in attending but didnt really say anything about waitlist?

Said they are now in rolling admissions and we’re impressed with my app as well. They want to know if I’d go there. But the link takes me to be placed on the “waiting list.”

Withdrew from my upcoming interview. Good luck everyone :oops:)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Said they are now in rolling admissions and we’re impressed with my app as well. They want to know if I’d go there. But the link takes me to be placed on the “waiting list.”
Oh ok thats what i got too. I wasnt sure tho. Bummer! But not too bad!

Interesting, my email says, "Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months." However, the link they provided also took me to be placed on the "waiting list".

Interesting, my email says, "Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months." However, the link they provided also took me to be placed on the "waiting list".
Interdasting. Thanks for the input my friend

Alright so everyone else who is admit

So I thought we were going to get an email about the new Fasfa code and financial aid questionnaire when they were posted but apparently not.

The info is up on their financial aid page. For quick overview: By March 14th submit fasfa (new code is 042797), incoming student fin aid questionnaire (http://www.einstein.yu.edu/docs/edu...ncial-aid/2019-2020-FAQ-Einstein-Incoming.pdf), and 2018 tax returns/W-2s/schedules for parents and yourself. Email the latter two to their fin aid office. Hopefully this helps someone! Deadline is next week!

Alright so everyone else who is admit

So I thought we were going to get an email about the new Fasfa code and financial aid questionnaire when they were posted but apparently not.

The info is up on their financial aid page. For quick overview: By March 14th submit fasfa (new code is 042797), incoming student fin aid questionnaire (http://www.einstein.yu.edu/docs/edu...ncial-aid/2019-2020-FAQ-Einstein-Incoming.pdf), and 2018 tax returns/W-2s/schedules for parents and yourself. Email the latter two to their fin aid office. Hopefully this helps someone! Deadline is next week!
I got an email two days ago that said

"
Now that Spring is just two weeks away, we hope that you're warming up, and looking forward to joining us in August.

In a week or so, you will be receiving an email from the Student Finance Office with your Banner ID and Einstein email. You will be instructed how to log in and pay your $100 deposit through Banner Self Service; the link will be provided in the email. The deadline for remittance of your deposit is April 1 and it is refundable until April 30; please don't miss the deadline or we may assume that you are no longer interested in holding your place and may rescind your acceptance.

Secondly, you may now access FAFSA for Einstein. Our FAFSA school code is 042797, or you can search for Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Lastly, the Committee on Admissions will notify you on Thursday, March 21 if you have been awarded a merit scholarship.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us."

I got an email two days ago that said

"
Now that Spring is just two weeks away, we hope that you're warming up, and looking forward to joining us in August.

In a week or so, you will be receiving an email from the Student Finance Office with your Banner ID and Einstein email. You will be instructed how to log in and pay your $100 deposit through Banner Self Service; the link will be provided in the email. The deadline for remittance of your deposit is April 1 and it is refundable until April 30; please don't miss the deadline or we may assume that you are no longer interested in holding your place and may rescind your acceptance.

Secondly, you may now access FAFSA for Einstein. Our FAFSA school code is 042797, or you can search for Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Lastly, the Committee on Admissions will notify you on Thursday, March 21 if you have been awarded a merit scholarship.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us."
same I got this email too

Oof… Just realized I had gotten the email too. Kind of checked out early from spring break and what not lol

To all those who have committed to going to AECOM, there is a facebook class group page that you can join.

Reactions: 2 users
Curious where other interviewers stayed. I don’t see a student host program and the recommended hotel (Marriot) is $250/night.

Curious where other interviewers stayed. I don’t see a student host program and the recommended hotel (Marriot) is $250/night.
I did Airbnb, but I'm pretty sure you can stay with a host if you email admissions

Einstein please reject me so my soul can find peace. Last of my 30 schools to respond

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know when those of us who interviewed in February will find out about interview decisions? Also, anyone who interviewed around that time receive an acceptance or all waitlisted/rejected?

Anyone know when those of us who interviewed in February will find out about interview decisions? Also, anyone who interviewed around that time receive an acceptance or all waitlisted/rejected?

Yeah i got waitlisted

Is there a different email for the waitlist besides the “rolling admissions” one?

I interviewed February 8th and basically was waitlisted since they're rolling admissions. I got an email saying that they are very interested in me as an applicant and I had to accept my position on the waitlist. (got that email on Friday, March 8th)

I interviewed February 8th and basically was waitlisted since they're rolling admissions. I got an email saying that they are very interested in me as an applicant and I had to accept my position on the waitlist. (got that email on Friday, March 8th)

Curious that Feb interviews are getting decisions. Interviewed in October. Radio silence ever since...

Is this WL or HPW?

"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months."

Anyone know anything about the merit scholarships? How many they give? how much money? Also wondering if I could send an update to admissions of things I've done since my interview/being admitted to boost my chances of getting a scholarship...

Anyone who submitted in September hear back? Thanks

I got an interview invite last week...trying to decide if I should go. Flying out for me is really expensive and the school itself is crazy expensive, and the interview is happening so so late. I have a few acceptances already...anyone know much about financial aid/scholarships here and the likelihood of getting in during an April interview.

I got an interview invite last week...trying to decide if I should go. Flying out for me is really expensive and the school itself is crazy expensive, and the interview is happening so so late. I have a few acceptances already...anyone know much about financial aid/scholarships here and the likelihood of getting in during an April interview.

Idk much about scholarships since I didn't get one :( but I did get accepted and am now attending after an interview in April so it's a possibility. One thing to consider about price is COA actually ends up being a lot lower than many other schools if you live on-campus cause rent is super crazy cheap.

Reactions: 1 users
Idk much about scholarships since I didn't get one :( but I did get accepted and am now attending after an interview in April so it's a possibility. One thing to consider about price is COA actually ends up being a lot lower than many other schools if you live on-campus cause rent is super crazy cheap.
Thank you for this info! Hopefully I find tickets cheap enough to go. That's great to know that cost of living feels reasonable.

Is this WL or HPW?

"I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. Your application has been wait-listed, and we will reach a final decision in the coming months."
Got the same email back in February and wondering the same thing

Is this WL or HPW?

That looks like the WL

If you don't mind sharing, were you accepted after waitlist or accepted outright? I'm wondering if at this point all the interviews are for the HPWL or WL only. I've heard mixed things from a couple current students.