2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still trying to figure out why I haven't just been rejected already at this point lol. Complete since early July.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
If you don't mind sharing, were you accepted after waitlist or accepted outright? I'm wondering if at this point all the interviews are for the HPWL or WL only. I've heard mixed things from a couple current students.

if you are interviewing, then there is a spot for you if they like you. Less spots now obviously, but if you blow them away at an interview, you surely can get accepted outright.

Reactions: 2 users
Had my best interview of the cycle at Einstein. Interview went an hour and 45 and really hit it off with the interviewer. He told me I was one of the strongest candidates he interviewed, and will be backing me up to the admissions committee.

Got waitlisted.

I’m fortunate to have 3 acceptances right now, but I’m not super excited about those schools. Had really solid stats/ECs/research/interviews- overall pretty bummed, I’m waitlisted to the top 4 schools I really wanted to go to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Had my best interview of the cycle at Einstein. Interview went an hour and 45 and really hit it off with the interviewer. He told me I was one of the strongest candidates he interviewed, and will be backing me up to the admissions committee.

Got waitlisted.

I’m fortunate to have 3 acceptances right now, but I’m not super excited about those schools. Had really solid stats/ECs/research/interviews- overall pretty bummed, I’m waitlisted to the top 4 schools I really wanted to go to.
Have you thought about sending a letter of intent to your top choice? Definitely should be sending updates if you can. Being on 4 waitlists, you have a pretty high chance of getting in to at least one of them. Hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
Have you thought about sending a letter of intent to your top choice? Definitely should be sending updates if you can. Being on 4 waitlists, you have a pretty high chance of getting in to at least one of them. Hang in there!

Yep sent a letter of intent to my number 1, where I’m on their high priority wait list.

They told me to hold it out and keep waiting

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the "rolling admissions" waitlist, hopefully, it will turn into some good news! Honestly, impressed with the quick turnaround for me- about 2.5 weeks. I was expecting a long wait!

I know there isn't an accepted students day / second look day but I am going to be in NYC in a few weeks and was wondering if I could email admissions to see if a student could show me around again and talk about AECOM? has anyone tried this or think its an ok idea? Jus trying to make a decision lol

I know there isn't an accepted students day / second look day but I am going to be in NYC in a few weeks and was wondering if I could email admissions to see if a student could show me around again and talk about AECOM? has anyone tried this or think its an ok idea? Jus trying to make a decision lol
I was thinking of doing the same thing. I called a while ago asking if they had a second look, and they told me if I joined the uncle Albert club I could arrange a visit with the student they connected me to.

Also, did any accepted students get the email with their banner ID and stuff? The email telling us deposit is due April 1 said we’d get another email in a week and I feel like it’s been a while lol

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I called a while ago asking if they had a second look, and they told me if I joined the uncle Albert club I could arrange a visit with the student they connected me to.

Also, did any accepted students get the email with their banner ID and stuff? The email telling us deposit is due April 1 said we’d get another email in a week and I feel like it’s been a while lol
Well Friday was match day which was a week from the email but I’m sure we will be getting it this week

II just now. Debating whether to attend the interview - are they mostly interviewing for waitlist now? Hows the financial aid packages?

Reactions: 5 users
Also got an II, submitted secondary early August and complete in October :)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how to pay the deposit for holding our accepted spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now. Debating whether to attend the interview - are they mostly interviewing for waitlist now? Hows the financial aid packages?
Thats what Im wondering? We have to narrow down by April 15th.. then pick the one by the 30th? Will we even know by then?

uhhh idk what to think, got an II today; submitted July 5 lmao

No idea on financial aid packages. Accepted students only just got the new FAFSA code. Merit scholarships can range up to full tuition though.

AdComs don't send interview invites for the waitlist. That would be a waste of time and money. Would you maybe have a higher probability of being waitlisted than those interviewing in October? Quite possible. On the other hand, I interviewed in October and I haven't even gotten a decision yet!

Thats what Im wondering? We have to narrow down by April 15th.. then pick the one by the 30th? Will we even know by then?

The April 30 deadline only applies to acceptances. You can have as many "pending decisions" or "waitlists" as you want. If Einstein accepts you after April 30, you may only have 1-2 weeks to decide--even less once summer hits. If you think you would possibly go to Einstein if accepted, interview. If you don't, then let someone else shoot their shot.

No idea on financial aid packages. Accepted students only just got the new FAFSA code. Merit scholarships can range up to full tuition though.

AdComs don't send interview invites for the waitlist. That would be a waste of time and money. Would you maybe have a higher probability of being waitlisted than those interviewing in October? Quite possible. On the other hand, I interviewed in October and I haven't even gotten a decision yet!

The April 30 deadline only applies to acceptances. You can have as many "pending decisions" or "waitlists" as you want. If Einstein accepts you after April 30, you may only have 1-2 weeks to decide--even less once summer hits. If you think you would possibly go to Einstein if accepted, interview. If you don't, then let someone else shoot their shot.
I dropped my interview on April 5 this morning so might be trying to replace the spot. Best of luck

Last year everyone who interviewed after February was put on the waitlist.. Most didnt hear back if they got off the waitlist till mid May..
I dont know what to do receiving an II this late in the game

Last year everyone who interviewed after February was put on the waitlist.. Most didnt hear back if they got off the waitlist till mid May..
I dont know what to do receiving an II this late in the game
If you would consider attending above all other schools you've been accepted to, even if you aren't pulled off the WL until May/summer, I would go. If you wouldn't really consider going, I wouldn't waste your time, money, and someone else's opportunity for an interview/spot on the waitlist.

If you would consider attending above all other schools you've been accepted to, even if you aren't pulled off the WL until May/summer, I would go. If you wouldn't really consider going, I wouldn't waste your time, money, and someone else's opportunity for an interview/spot on the waitlist.
Well I dont know.. I might love it.. I have to go but was just wondering since its so late in April the interview.

Hey can anyone who has an MSAR subscription do me a favor and send a screenshot of the interview and applicant table?

The one that has apllicantion brake down by instate or out of state and interviews offered and acceptances?

My MSAR expired and I don’t really want to get it again for some curiosity. I’d really appreciate it. You can pm or post idc

Hey can anyone who has an MSAR subscription do me a favor and send a screenshot of the interview and applicant table?

The one that has apllicantion brake down by instate or out of state and interviews offered and acceptances?

My MSAR expired and I don’t really want to get it again for some curiosity. I’d really appreciate it. You can pm or post idc
Can’t PM you.

Anyone get the portal ID or link to pay the deposit yet? Still did not get anything and it's almost April

Gotcha. Thank you for your reply. And congrats again on the scholarship! Do you mind me asking if they stated why they gave the scholarship? Is it because of high MCAT/GPA or other reasons like extracurrics?

I interviewed a couple weeks ago, and as of this morning, looks like I was interviewing for R. not the end of the world, good luck to the rest of y/all.

Interviewer was nice, but definitely more prepared and more comprehensive than of my other interviewers. So be prepare to talk about your whole app/life influences.

I assume that since only 1 person has posted here, they may be doing it 1 at a time. Or at least I hope cuz my inbox is still dry lol

Gotcha. Thank you for your reply. And congrats again on the scholarship! Do you mind me asking if they stated why they gave the scholarship? Is it because of high MCAT/GPA or other reasons like extracurrics?
Seemed like all of the above

I interviewed a couple weeks ago, and as of this morning, looks like I was interviewing for R. not the end of the world, good luck to the rest of y/all.

Interviewer was nice, but definitely more prepared and more comprehensive than of my other interviewers. So be prepare to talk about your whole app/life influences.
Why do you think you interviewed for a R? I have an interview in April...

Does anyone know the link we need in order to submit the deposit -- I didn't see it on the email

Does anyone know the link we need in order to submit the deposit -- I didn't see it on the email

I just received an email from the Student Finance assistant dean with a link for placing the $100 deposit. Looks like the due date is April 1st for students who have already been accepted.

Received an II last week but just saw the email today.. oops

If anyone who got a lackluster scholarship could drop so i can come off the waitlist that would be sweet

Reactions: 5 users
To those of your who sent an update letter. Did you send it to the admissions email or to Mary Pace? Also did they send an email confirming they received it?

anyone who still has not heard?

anyone who still has not heard?
pre or post interview? I interviewed about 5 weeks ago and have not heard back, but quite frankly don't even know when we should expect to hear back given that there are people who haven't heard back from October interviews... so confused by this process

pre or post interview? I interviewed about 5 weeks ago and have not heard back, but quite frankly don't even know when we should expect to hear back given that there are people who haven't heard back from October interviews... so confused by this process
pre-interview